• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Love his continued improvement philosophy and realism, not letting the victory get to his head:

Asked about the drop in the second half, he added: "I’m not trying to make a point, it’s just what I saw. I thought we were really wasteful with the ball in the second half. We took some liberties with taking extra touches. I’ve been around long enough to know if you try to take liberties, you’ll get dragged down pretty quickly.

"I’m not going to let the fact that we’ve won the game disguise the opportunity there for us to improve. In the second half, with the ball we weren’t anywhere near the levels we’ve already shown this year and there was no real reason for it. It wasn’t as if the opposition did anything different. It was more self-inflicted.

"My role in that was to give feedback to the players. That’s what they want. They want to get better, they want to improve. I’ve got some stuff there to show them."

He us obviously speaking directly to the the subs and those who weren't subbed ...a clear drop in quality

Love his continued improvement philosophy and realism, not letting the victory get to his head:

Asked about the drop in the second half, he added: "I’m not trying to make a point, it’s just what I saw. I thought we were really wasteful with the ball in the second half. We took some liberties with taking extra touches. I’ve been around long enough to know if you try to take liberties, you’ll get dragged down pretty quickly.

"I’m not going to let the fact that we’ve won the game disguise the opportunity there for us to improve. In the second half, with the ball we weren’t anywhere near the levels we’ve already shown this year and there was no real reason for it. It wasn’t as if the opposition did anything different. It was more self-inflicted.

"My role in that was to give feedback to the players. That’s what they want. They want to get better, they want to improve. I’ve got some stuff there to show them."

He us obviously speaking directly to the the subs and those who weren't subbed ...a clear drop in quality

I think Richarlison's attempt to control the ball on his back would be an example of "taking liberties."

Definitely a great attitude to see. Interesting to ponder how we may see improvements...

-Better in game reactions and adaptation. There was a chance in that second half vs. Fulham for someone to do just that. Lead by example and/or demand more from others. Final stages vs Liverpool too I think there was a chance for on the fly adjustments to the conditions.

-More from our left wing. Either a new signing in January or someone already here really stepping up.

-Bentancur back to full fitness and his very high levels of performance.

-Kulusevski getting back to his best end product producing self.

Could we also see the entire team as a unit attacking even better? Learning their roles and how to play Angeball even better thus more chance creation in various game states?

Any other avenues of improvement you all think see likely?

Definitely a great attitude to see. Interesting to ponder how we may see improvements...

-Better in game reactions and adaptation. There was a chance in that second half vs. Fulham for someone to do just that. Lead by example and/or demand more from others. Final stages vs Liverpool too I think there was a chance for on the fly adjustments to the conditions.

-More from our left wing. Either a new signing in January or someone already here really stepping up.

-Bentancur back to full fitness and his very high levels of performance.

-Kulusevski getting back to his best end product producing self.

Could we also see the entire team as a unit attacking even better? Learning their roles and how to play Angeball even better thus more chance creation in various game states?

Any other avenues of improvement you all think see likely?

My perspective

- We constantly have to watch/improve our tempo (when we play fast we kill other teams)
- Either wing for me needs to improve, right now our goal threat is Son/Maddison, we either need the wingers to contribute more or have the FB's contribute more.
- Bentancur will lift the team, as good as Sarr is, Bentancur (in form) is an elite midfielder

I see the attacking get better, I suspect the angle is adding pace (Johnson) and simply understanding the runs/pattern better (the weakest point in the team right now is the front line, we haven't got 3 attackers in form)

Summary, alternative in first 11 goals, better understanding of system, better depth, potentially game changing subs (Perisic was an interesting option, but perhaps Veliz with aerial ability or Johnson with pace) are ways to improve.

Must admit I lost a bit of love for Spurs and for football in general over the last couple of seasons, perhaps goes back even further but particularly exacerbated by the style of football served up to us with the last 3 managers and the frustration of having to watch players who have been at the club too long still being first choice. I’m finding that I actually look forward to the games this season and Ange has been a breath of fresh air. Regardless of where we finish, for the moment it looks like we are heading in the right direction and Ange seems to have a bond with the fans that’s an intangible asset you can’t put a price on. United had it with Fergie, Liverpool have it now with Klopp and Arteta appears to be well-respected and well-liked by our neighbours down the road. Even the drab weather and overcrowded trains (couldn’t even get on the platform to get the train from Seven Sisters to WHL or vice versa when the game finished) couldn’t ruin my good mood after the win the other night and crucially the style of play just being much more easy on the eye and entertaining.

Ange seems to have a bond with the fans that’s an intangible asset you can’t put a price on.

He seems a more experienced, more successful version of big MJ, who was a similar breath of fresh air. Connects with the fans and world at large while being (I suspect) a strict disciplinarian with the players at the same time as inspiring them and gaining total respect.

The rollercoaster ride, the soap opera which is being a Spurs fan, has taken an unpredictable and absolutely marvellous direction. And (mirabile dictu), I am back on the best Spurs MB, with a reset password, after a very frustrating 6 months of being unable to post....welcome me back with open arms you Alan B'stards or I'll visit all your homes and sabotage your cheese rooms.....

Ange seems to have a bond with the fans that’s an intangible asset you can’t put a price on.

He seems a more experienced, more successful version of big MJ, who was a similar breath of fresh air. Connects with the fans and world at large while being (I suspect) a strict disciplinarian with the players at the same time as inspiring them and gaining total respect.

The rollercoaster ride, the soap opera which is being a Spurs fan, has taken an unpredictable and absolutely marvellous direction. And (mirabile dictu), I am back on the best Spurs MB, with a reset password, after a very frustrating 6 months of being unable to post....welcome me back with open arms you Alan B'stards or I'll visit all your homes and sabotage your cheese rooms.....
Clarissa: "Well, that reminded me of a song!"
Alan B'stard: "Yes, that always happens. Which one was it? When I fall in love? The biggest aspidistra in the world?"
Clarissa: "No. You can't get quicker than a Kwik-Fit fitter! I must call them tomorrow and tell them they're wrong!"

Must admit I lost a bit of love for Spurs and for football in general over the last couple of seasons, perhaps goes back even further but particularly exacerbated by the style of football served up to us with the last 3 managers and the frustration of having to watch players who have been at the club too long still being first choice. I’m finding that I actually look forward to the games this season and Ange has been a breath of fresh air. Regardless of where we finish, for the moment it looks like we are heading in the right direction and Ange seems to have a bond with the fans that’s an intangible asset you can’t put a price on. United had it with Fergie, Liverpool have it now with Klopp and Arteta appears to be well-respected and well-liked by our neighbours down the road. Even the drab weather and overcrowded trains (couldn’t even get on the platform to get the train from Seven Sisters to WHL or vice versa when the game finished) couldn’t ruin my good mood after the win the other night and crucially the style of play just being much more easy on the eye and entertaining.

Big difference

- Ange is liked out side of Spurs
- Arteta is a very weird clam for most people including non Spurs fans
- Klopp is an insufferable prick who has a very thin veneer of niceness that drops the moment everything doesn't go Liverpool's way

I agree that Ange has taken the toxicity out of the club, connected the fans, made the football fun to watch and you can see the players are enjoying it. It is an intangible, for us like the BMJ & Poch eras, I say the current comparison in the PL is Saudi Sportswashing Machine (they are not that good a side on paper, but Howe and removing the toxicity has made a huge difference)

Last edited:
Big difference

- Ange is liked out side of Spurs
- Arteta is a very weird clam for most people including non Spurs fans
- Klopp is an insufferable prick who has a very thin veneer of niceness that drops the moment everything doesn't go Liverpool's way

I agree that Ange has taken the toxicity out of the club, connected the fans, made the football fun to watch and you can see the players are enjoying it. It is an intangible, for us like the BMJ & Poch eras, I say the current comparison in the PL is Saudi Sportswashing Machine (they are not that good a side on paper, but Howe and removing the toxicity has made a huge difference)

Yeah wasn’t comparing personalities as Ange would win hands down. Can’t stand Klopp or Arteta. Was just commenting on the fact that they both have a good relationship with the fans which is crucial, if the fans aren’t behind the manager or don’t feel that connection with the club it’s a big problem. Agree about Saudi Sportswashing Machine btw. I still don’t think they are that good but they are all united (no pun intended) and there is a feel good factor at their club.

I saw his interview about the ground becoming a nightclub, not sure if he meant that in respect to the changing room music choices or the fact we have a DJ belting out crap tunes In the ground.

The whole Spurs songs influence is getting abit silly for me in that respect. I get they wanna increase atmosphere but can they spare us Islands in the stream being belted out after the games.

I saw his interview about the ground becoming a nightclub, not sure if he meant that in respect to the changing room music choices or the fact we have a DJ belting out crap tunes In the ground.

The whole Spurs songs influence is getting abit silly for me in that respect. I get they wanna increase atmosphere but can they spare us Islands in the stream being belted out after the games.

Gotta say I fudging loved having a bit of a dance to Freed From Desire followed by a bit of Angels after Liverpool.

Back