• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

With Ange it feels, to me, like a return to a composite of Jol, 'Arry, and Poch...

ages-of-ange-jpg.15932

PS I'm still pretty dog dirt at Photoshop...
It was a low point at Spurs when we had a linesman as our manager.

I am glad we lost. Or to put it more PC better we find out which players will struggle with Angebal earlier than later. Most of the players had the same time in pre season so no excuses.

We've fixed our first team but now we need to rebuild the bench.

Lots of players who started are not good enough or right for posteball. It will take time and Jan transfer the window can't come soon enough.

Levy needs to back Ange and if anything i am glad we can clearly see the rebuild is only halfway through, we don't have quality depth and any talk of winning anything or challenging top four is premature. Despite the excellent results and entertaining style.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I
I am glad we lost. Or to put it more PC better we find out which players will struggle with Angebal earlier than later. Most of the players had the same time in pre season so no excuses.

Lots of players who started are not good enough or right for posteball. It will take time and Jan transfer the window can't come soon enough.

Levy needs to back Ange and if anything i am glad we can clearly see the rebuild is only halfway through, we don't have quality depth and any talk of winning anything or challenging top four is premature. Despite the excellent results and entertaining style.

im not sure they are not all bad. You cant change 9 players then expect a decent performance 3 games into a new way of playing. Some of those are well capable of slotting into a first 11 when needed.

I

im not sure they are not all bad. You cant change 9 players then expect a decent performance 3 games into a new way of playing. Some of those are well capable of slotting into a first 11 when needed.
I reckon we'll change 9 players on Saturday and see an immediate improvement. :D

I do agree with the wider sentiment hough. One or two could slot in and be carried by the first team. We could probably have blended 4 or 5 yesterday and controlled the game more.

In the new first team set up the midfield is dominant it eases the pressure on the defence, the first choice defence is all technically competent and more athletic and Maddison is on another level for ball carrying and creativity. The front 3 was pretty much the same performance as the league games imo, reliant on service rather than making something happen.

I

City change their whole eleven and don't look anywhere near as good, it's the same for any team.

Disappointed with Anges selection, but also understand it as he has to involve fringe players. This is why I never understood people saying how it was good we don't have European football. Going to be a lot of unhappy players training hard all week and just getting the odd minutes here and there at best....

I reckon we'll change 9 players on Saturday and see an immediate improvement. :D

I do agree with the wider sentiment hough. One or two could slot in and be carried by the first team. We could probably have blended 4 or 5 yesterday and controlled the game more.

In the new first team set up the midfield is dominant it eases the pressure on the defence, the first choice defence is all technically competent and more athletic and Maddison is on another level for ball carrying and creativity. The front 3 was pretty much the same performance as the league games imo, reliant on service rather than making something happen.

It comes down to horses for courses. PEH and Skipp for example have shown that they can blunt a game for you when 2 goals up. We all know that they aren’t creative types. So at 0-0 away to a premier league team in a knock out comp, is it wise to play both of them along with another new entry in midfield, blunt full backs, and replacements in the wide forward roles that aren’t the calibre of Son or Kulu?

Last night was a pretty big misstep by Ange. I keep reading “he had to find out about them” etc. He simply didn’t have to do that 9 at a time.

Imagine last night was home to an Exeter or Stevenage - he likely would have got away with the 9 changes. I think away to Fulham, and the way he’s spoken about the fans and the desire to win a trophy - it needed a bit more tact.

LWOS were all slating him for the wholesale change he made, all wanted to win this cup, our best bet. Hardly aiming high, but for me it was obvious what he wanted to see, and show when the lineup was announced, and the intent was not to win the cup unless the players showed something extraordinary.

And now is when we have to suck it up and just focus on the league again - that is most probably the only thing, I think, Levy and the Board have highlighted must be prioritized, how to get back into the top 4-6 and europe, primarily UCL of course.

these two days will be important as we who comes and goes, if any at all... fingers crossed!

:D:D:D

It's very likely everything is premature after just 360mins of football.

Last edited:
He qualified the statement with his next sentence so maybe less of the “fudge off” eh?
Did he or did he not state state that he was glad he we lost? So no, no less of the fudge off, no excuse for being glad we lost.

City change their whole eleven and don't look anywhere near as good, it's the same for any team.

Disappointed with Anges selection, but also understand it as he has to involve fringe players. This is why I never understood people saying how it was good we don't have European football. Going to be a lot of unhappy players training hard all week and just getting the odd minutes here and there at best....
You must understand the positives of not having European football? It's just you side with the negatives of not having it?

It comes down to horses for courses. PEH and Skipp for example have shown that they can blunt a game for you when 2 goals up. We all know that they aren’t creative types. So at 0-0 away to a premier league team in a knock out comp, is it wise to play both of them along with another new entry in midfield, blunt full backs, and replacements in the wide forward roles that aren’t the calibre of Son or Kulu?

Last night was a pretty big misstep by Ange. I keep reading “he had to find out about them” etc. He simply didn’t have to do that 9 at a time.

Imagine last night was home to an Exeter or Stevenage - he likely would have got away with the 9 changes. I think away to Fulham, and the way he’s spoken about the fans and the desire to win a trophy - it needed a bit more tact.
Basically Ange undestimated the opponents or overestimated the ability.of his players.

His highest level was the Scottish league so he will make mistakes like this. He will learn the hard way that he has to rotate with uneven quality available but there is a lot of work to get the right players on the bench.

This will take another 1-2 windows , undoing the work done in recruitment previously for another type of football.

Will be interesting to see how Ange responds. He is rational and smart but I think he will be under a lot of pressure when afcon and the inevitable injuries sets in the later part of the season.

Basically Ange undestimated the opponents or overestimated the ability.of his players.

If this is true, it was by very fine margins. The danger here is saying “Ange is to blame totally, this is a black mark.”

We lost on pens. Away. To a good PL team.

Not saying you’re doing it, I can’t tell from your post, but making definitive or absolute judgements on Ange for this is wrong. We lost on what’s effectively a lottery situation.

His highest level was the Scottish league so he will make mistakes like this. He will learn the hard way that he has to rotate with uneven quality available but there is a lot of work to get the right players on the bench.

Ange has been coaching for 40 odd years. He would have known the risks. Hell, we all know them. Rotating 9 players can lead to a disjointed performance. He rolled the dice and lost on penalties.

Back