• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

You have to say, the reaction to Ange and his style of play has been very, very strong. I rarely remember such a reaction after such a short period of time for a manager.

Levy delivered on the “DNA” promise. Shame it was two years late and we went through two anti football managers to get there but better late than never…

I’ve had my reservations on Ange and continue to have them but if ever a manager was a match for our DNA, this is the fudging one.

Last edited:
Saw it suggested that if we were going to plagiarise a Robbie song, we should have done “Let me Entertain You”. Personally, I love the Angels one but I was bored this evening so couldn’t resist a rewrite:

Conte’s gone and Ange is here, we no longer play with fear,
Score some goals come over here
Now scream,
We felt the pain when we lost Kane,
But we all cheered when Big Ange came,
Things will never be the same my dear,

So come on, let Ange entertain us, let Ange entertain us

Life’s too short for Conte-ball, Levy’s back against the wall, Another dud and he takes the fall, Mon Cher,
Separate the right from wrongs, Nuno and Mourinho gone, dreary play for far too long, Mon Cher,

So come on let Ange entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Dan looked Ange up in the yellow pages, he gets it wrong, the crowd rages, we’ve been through brick and his crazy phases yeah,
We brought in Micky van de ven, Vicario and Maddison,
The Yids are back and the smell is sweet, my son,

Your mind gets numbed watching four years of brick,
Coz we’re the entertainers in navy and white,
Bissouma and Sarr, they’re bossing the park, We’re not gonna end up like the Arsenal,

So come on let Ange, entertain you, let Ange entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Deki may be good, and he’s out of sight, if you’re a full back for the other side, Spurs is the place where the feeling grows, we’re gonna taste highs, Postegcoglou knows, so come on

Let Ange entertain you,
Let Ange entertain you,
So come on, let Ange, entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Come on, come on, come on, come on come on come…

Last edited:
It's amazing how quickly the good vibes come back. This was my number 1 reason for wanting him:

Put simply, his personality. He’s exactly the type of manager and person that we need at the moment. We’ve been down the ‘world class manager/tactician’ route and it’s obviously not worked. If the next manager is not Poch, then Ange is the closest thing to him in my opinion. It’s also what separates Ange from Rodgers. Most don’t want Rodgers because he comes across as a bit of a clam, an egomaniac, all about himself (the same reason I’m wary of Nagelsmann.)

Ange would get everyone pulling in one direction. He’ll back the club, he’ll back his players and he’ll make us enjoy Spurs again. ”He’s never done it in a big league” will always be thrown around, but rather than making that our number one criteria, why not find someone who is a great fit for Spurs, our players and the culture we have?

I didn't think it would happen so quickly though. We'll have some tricky times (Arsenal and Liverpool in a few weeks look a good test) but I'm confident it's only going to get better.

We found someone who is a great fit for Spurs.

I'm going 'Ange' on this, cautious, we had a better start under Nuno, 3 wins from first 3! That included turning over Emirates Marketing Project at our place in the first game... but, on the positive front, how we play is what we want to see, and the defence has improved in leaps and bounds in such a short period of time. Next few days will be of mighty interest for ins and outs\, plus Fool 'em next (highest season ticket price in the league apparently, we're 'only' 2nd).

Good times, here for the ride as always, onwards and upwards! #COYS

Saw it suggested that if we were going to plagiarise a Robbie song, we should have done “Let me Entertain You”. Personally, I love the Angels one but I was bored this evening so couldn’t resist a rewrite:

Conte’s gone and Ange is here, there’s nothing left for us to fear,
Score some goals come over here
Now scream,
We felt the pain when we lost Kane,
But we all cheered when Big Ange came, now scream,

So come on, let Ange entertain us, let Ange entertain us

Life’s too short for Conte-ball, Levy’s back against the wall, Another dud and he takes the fall, Mon Cher,
Separate the right from wrongs, Nuno and Mourinho gone, dreary play for far too long, Mon Cher,

So come on let Ange entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Dan looked Ange up in the yellow pages, he gets it wrong, the crowd rages, we’ve been through brick and his crazy phases yeah,
We brought in Micky van de ven, Vicario and Maddison,
The Yids are back and the smell is sweet, my son,

Your mind gets numbed watching four years of brick,
Coz we’re the entertainers in navy and white,
Bissouma and Sarr, they’re bossing the park, We’re not gonna end up like the Arsenal,

So come on let Ange, entertain you, let Ange entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Deki may be good, and he’s out of sight, if you’re a full back for the other side, Spurs is the place where the feeling grows, we’re gonna taste highs, Postegcoglou knows, so come on

Let Ange entertain you,
Let Ange entertain you,
So come on, let Ange, entertain you, let Ange entertain you,

Come on, come on, come on, come on come on come…

Clearly put a lot of effort into that and it's good - way too many words for a half cut spurs fan to remember but "let anggggge, entertain you" works well.

Robbie will have to do his own concert at the lane soon - no regrets anyone?

"no regrets, Ange just works
No regrets now, no conte jerk
Sing me a spurs song, score me a goal
It's just the Ange ball point of view....
Now we're winning we're doing fine"

It was 3 scraped 1-0 win's playing GHod damn awful football in all 3 games

Our style of play v results is a real tough call, after years of being an also ran I was prepared for the Mourinho/Conte era in the hope of picking up a bit of silverware but it was soulless football with little joy and without Kane could have been even worse. I don't expect us to win anything this season but I'm happier watching us try to play a more expansive game, if we aren't going to win things I'd rather be entertained than bored to death even when we win.

Our style of play v results is a real tough call, after years of being an also ran I was prepared for the Mourinho/Conte era in the hope of picking up a bit of silverware but it was soulless football with little joy and without Kane could have been even worse. I don't expect us to win anything this season but I'm happier watching us try to play a more expansive game, if we aren't going to win things I'd rather be entertained than bored to death even when we win.

We weren't also rans. We'd been contenders for the league and got to the champions league final??? Poch for mourinho only happened because of a run of about 20 games. Not perennial under achievement, in fact we over achieved and had the best spurs side that I've seen in my lifetime (age 45).

How have you forgotten that???

Reactions: DTA
I honestly think your view is held by a majority this season

We weren't also rans. We'd been contenders for the league and got to the champions league final??? Poch for mourinho only happened because of a run of about 20 games. Not perennial under achievement, in fact we over achieved and had the best spurs side that I've seen in my lifetime (age 45).

How have you forgotten that???

You forgot to add the list of trophies, this world is all about winning, continually reminded that not winning the competition you are in is losing. I think that most of this century has been a golden time for us with little to show for it other than the title of bottlers.

The biggest gripe on here is that we've not won anything and that's a fact you can't agrue against. I was pleased with our what I saw as success but most wanted more and I joined the flock and wanted a winning manager to reach the holy grail and found you should be careful of what you wish for.

I'm happy playing what I believe is the Tottenham way and if we challenge in competitions and realise all the experts and other teams fans get some pleasure out of us being also rans.

I honestly think your view is held by a majority this season
And that's a bonus for Ange. Just good old entertaining football is enough to please the crowd after the grind of AC. Obviously in time we'll hope for more (ie results that add up to something).
But it's good for Ange, he's not following on from Poch, where our expectations might be different.

Back