• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welbeck

I can't imagine that we'd be looking to add any midfielders to the first team squad other than Schneiderlin. And if Poch is watching a player, it will only be for the first team squad. So I highly doubt that he was there to watch Dele Alli.

I also can't imagine that we're on the lookout for midfielders for our development squad either, to be honest. We have some really good midfielders coming through our academy. We need to give them space and opportunity to progress.

I can't imagine that we'd be looking to add any midfielders to the first team squad other than Schneiderlin. And if Poch is watching a player, it will only be for the first team squad. So I highly doubt that he was there to watch Dele Alli.

I also can't imagine that we're on the lookout for midfielders for our development squad either, to be honest. We have some really good midfielders coming through our academy. We need to give them space and opportunity to progress.

Whilst youre absolutely correct, he would be a special case. He's an extreme talent, way beyond your standard talented youth team player...

Yep....to me he was obviously there to have a look at Welbeck.

He probably was, but do find it odd to watch him as he must know him inside out already. Also a League Cup game against League 1 opposition seems a strange game to analyse him on if he really needed to....

I'd be well happy to see Welbeck join us on loan.

Exactly - he would provide competition to Chadli in the LWF role

Can't see what the issue is?? Loan with an option to buy. If it works out, we buy a useful player. If not, we go for JRod in January or July

Not sure why utd would be willing to loan him to us though? How does it benefit them to strengthen us? Only thing I can see is to free up a squad place, but still.

I'd be happy with this signing, no world beater, but as a pacy hard working forward we can definitely find a use for him.

Not sure why utd would be willing to loan him to us though? How does it benefit them to strengthen us? Only thing I can see is to free up a squad place, but still.

I'd be happy with this signing, no world beater, but as a pacy hard working forward we can definitely find a use for him.
Because they desperately need to get players and wages off their books.

Frees up a squad place
Frees up his wages
Sends out an unhappy player not in his thinking

Personally I dont rate Wellbeck. But he is a better 2nd option than soldado at the moment.

Exactly - he would provide competition to Chadli in the LWF role

Can't see what the issue is?? Loan with an option to buy. If it works out, we buy a useful player. If not, we go for JRod in January or July

I could live with that. Though I'd have a strong preference for ultimately ending up with Rodriguez instead.

So it is to free up a squad place then...

Why to us, surely they could have a bit more of a choice in who he goes to? Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, villa, Sunderland again. Why (theoretically at least) strengthen a team that you should be competing with who are already 5 points ahead of you? The player won't want to go I hear you say, but LVG could let him know exactly what sort of chance he has of playing if he stays and that these are the clubs we're willing to loan you to, unless someone comes up with the funds to buy you.

Chelsea loan players but they would never loan to city, arsenal or Liverpool (of late).

I mean it's potentially good for us, but weighing it up I don't see the benefit for utd.

Why to us, surely they could have a bit more of a choice in who he goes to? Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, villa, Sunderland again. Why (theoretically at least) strengthen a team that you should be competing with who are already 5 points ahead of you? The player won't want to go I hear you say, but LVG could let him know exactly what sort of chance he has of playing if he stays and that these are the clubs we're willing to loan you to, unless someone comes up with the funds to buy you.

Chelsea loan players but they would never loan to city, arsenal or Liverpool (of late).

I mean it's potentially good for us, but weighing it up I don't see the benefit for utd.

Welbeck is going to have a say in who he joins. He may well refuse to join a club that he does not think are going to compete and given the desperate situation that ManU are in to clear space and reduce costs, they are not in a strong position to dictate where he goes.

If LVG doesn't rate Welbeck, then he won't think that loaning us Welbeck will strengthen us.

And I'm sure that Chelsea would happily loan players that they don't rate to their PL rivals.

Hes been linked with clubs that we couldnt compete with, but who knows if thats true or not. He'd probably be better off coming to a club our level - we have a proven track record of enhancing the careers of talented players....

The only links so far has been journos saying him being available MIGHT attract the interest of Arsenal, Spurs, Sunderland and probably a few others. In reality it won't, because he's **** at football.

The only links so far has been journos saying him being available MIGHT attract the interest of Arsenal, Spurs, Sunderland and probably a few others. In reality it won't, because he's **** at football.

I was talking about Dele Ali, Im assuming its Wellbeck you dont rate....

so the only links are from the tabloids? same with near enough every other 'link' in football.

Poch has said that he was at their league cup game on Tuesday. That does point towards him running the eye over a player.

Did you mean to quote me? i'm sure your post was directed at Jordinho?

The point i was making is that Jordinho claimed the "only links are from tabloids" as if to downplay the interest but where else can a link arise? i mean isn't that how it normally works.

Anyway your point is valid and backs what i've been saying ...we're interested.

Did you mean to quote me? i'm sure your post was directed at Jordinho?

The point i was making is that Jordinho claimed the "only links are from tabloids" as if to downplay the interest but where else can a link arise? i mean isn't that how it normally works.

Anyway your point is valid and backs what i've been saying ...we're interested.

Links would normally come from something they've heard, actual interest (maybe not as much these days as in the past, but still). All I've read so far is simply journalists manufacturing a story to fill space. England International, available. What clubs could we pass off as POTENTIALLY interested?

Back