• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

He had a bit of a mare last night and all his failings were on show. That was about as bad as I have seen in a while and you could see what little confidence he had slowly drain away over the 90mins with each mistake.

I wonder should he 'retasked' as a DM or something like that which might match his skill set better.

I'm with you.
I hope he gets the time to develop because I think there's a great player in there…sadly, given this hoedown we read in here, I suspect he can already see the torches and feel the pitchforks creeping up on him.

Fortunately and unfortunately we've seen similar in the past with players that have gone on to be very important for us.

Was really poor yesterday, probably his worst performance in a Spurs shirt. Probably puts him as last choice out of our centre backs. I hope Poch persists with him in the EL though.

By the way anyone see a slight irony in us dropping two points against the scum because Lamela "didn't just hit it with his weaker foot" and then we drop two points against Besiktas because Chiriches did just that?

By the way anyone see a slight irony in us dropping two points against the scum because Lamela "didn't just hit it with his weaker foot" and then we drop two points against Besiktas because Chiriches did just that?

An irony in an attacker trying to help out the defence under pressure, and a player who is a centre back by trade, who had been a liability all night (and has been since is arrival in London) who takes a swipe at a ball, air kicking and then conceding a penalty on purpose in the 89th minute?

Nope, not really.

Good points regarding his injury and also maybe better off positioning him as a DM.

Like the commentator said he has a touch of the David Luiz about him, and he's always looked very good when Ive seen him play there. Not that I've given up on him as a defender, he showed promise last year...

Good points regarding his injury and also maybe better off positioning him as a DM.

Like the commentator said he has a touch of the David Luiz about him, and he's always looked very good when Ive seen him play there. Not that I've given up on him as a defender, he showed promise last year...

I see a lot of people mention that. I must have missed those games, he's looked fooking dreadful to me everytime I've seen him play. I see no positives in his game whatsoever. This fabled passing ability I suppose he has shown once or twice - like the time he played in Lee Cattermole I guess...

Forget the constant stupid errors, the stupid brain farts on the ball. Last night a decent striker made a mockery of him with simple movement - from a defensive point of view it was shocking. For their goal he was running back towards our goal and not facing the ball - that is Sunday league under 13s kind of stuff. He couldn't get close to Ba all game.

I defended his constant mistakes last year as I thought he could be a good player but what has become apparent is that he isn't particularly quick and he is far to weak and poor in the air to play in England. All teams will do is isolate him and work off knock downs. He gets ragdolled by centre forwards and is simply not up to it. To think how people turned their noses up at someone like Winston Reid for the same money.....

I see a lot of people mention that. I must have missed those games, he's looked fooking dreadful to me everytime I've seen him play. I see no positives in his game whatsoever. This fabled passing ability I suppose he has shown once or twice - like the time he played in Lee Cattermole I guess...

All about opinions I suppose, but to me he looked good before he got injured. Then was rushed back from injury due to a shortage of CBs and was obvious he wasn't fully fit but still played him and his performances weren't the same level as before his injury. Just wish he didnt take so many unnecessary risks, if he kept it a bit simpler would really help - he is technically good on the ball but often tries to do too much. When it comes off it looks great, but when it doesn't...

Really?
Ramon Vega?
Nethercott?
Cundy?
Scott?
Bunjy?
Thelwell?

Come on. He's not in a purple patch, no argument there, but 'the worst'? Not even close...

What makes him above those players? He has no real skill-set for a central defender, he seems to be bad at everything you could want a defender to be good at.

Put him in place of some of those players in the really bad sides we had back then, he'd look even worse. Not even the likes of Campbell could stop us leaking goals in those days.

he is not very good is he :lol:

grazes it with his finger INTENTIONALLY which is the most retarded thing you could possibly do.

The guy can't head the ball, has the worst positional sense i've seen for a defender, isn't particularly fast, can't really tackle, makes bone head decision after bone head decision,....yet people say he's a 'ball player' because he hmmm runs with the ball (into no mans land may i add):ross:

I remember last season he was getting done with the same pass on the outside. Most blamed Dawson or Rose when it was clear it was Chiriches that was continuously ****ing up. Afains Brom and yesterday they targetted him again and fooled him yet again with the same pass. It's so so easy to take him out the game and it's scary.

Bang on.
Both of us were continually pointing out his errors last season while everyone else was still believing the hype that came when we signed him. My favourite bull**** defence of him was the "he's playing on the left and he's right footed" excuse.

I know both Chiriches and Paulinho were not starting in their favoured positions, and both have been a little low in confidence of late but If I were either of them, I wouldnt be able to look my team mates in the eye after that showing.

I would have Kevin Scott, Nethercott et al, any day of the week before Vlad! No contest.
The bloke must have been on Ketamine last night.. again!

I know both Chiriches and Paulinho were not starting in their favoured positions, and both have been a little low in confidence of late but If I were either of them, I wouldnt be able to look my team mates in the eye after that showing.

Where does he want to start? The Bench?

Really?
Ramon Vega?
Nethercott?
Cundy?
Scott?
Bunjy?
Thelwell?

Come on. He's not in a purple patch, no argument there, but 'the worst'? Not even close...

Steff I have had a bit of time to calm down, please believe me I dont enjoy mugging of our players, please understand during/just after games we all lose a bit of sanity now and again.

however in the cold light of day I stick to my guns, that was as bad a display from a spurs cb as I have ever seen, I cant see anyway back for him from this, I am not immune to being proved wrong, in fact it would please me no end for the betterment of spurs!

I simply see no hope for him and I am dismayed we have spent a decent wedge on a footballer who seems to have no strengths to his game, physically and technically he in my opinion is a liability playing cb.....or playing.

They weren't in my favourite position for them either, they were on the pitch in a Spurs shirt.

There is no way Chiriches is ever going to be the level we want. He is not a natural defender. His positioning is poor. He is not good in the air. He is not that quick. He loses his man, and gets the wrong side of his man. He makes bad decisions -what was that handball about. And he dwells on the ball in dangerous areas. I can't imagine any of our defenders feeling confident about playing alongside him. I think he'd rather be a DM - he might even be Ok there -but not a CB.

Back