• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

In a recent interview with the local sports media he said he's learning withevery practice and he's excited to be here..gotta love the attitude, so mature for 24.

He is smart and thinks efficiently in every situation.. I am surprised that he settled in so quickly, but just looks so confident in his ability.
About the pace thing, I don't know where that comes from, he is really quick to react and also has good acceleration - these are his main strenghts tactically and phisically. Excelent two games vs. ManU I think should calm those who are quick to point fingers after just a couple of dodgy performances.

Great win today, again!

Outstanding today. He's playing himself into the first team. Not sure what will happen when Vertonghen comes back!

its verts and chiriches to me after yesterday's showing. dawson is just too error prone.
but we'd need capoue and ade in the team to defend from set pieces.

its verts and chiriches to me after yesterday's showing. dawson is just too error prone.
but we'd need capoue and ade in the team to defend from set pieces.

I could be wrong, but Dawson's that type of player, where we defend better with him in the team, despite him not being perfect. His experience and leadership helps galvanize the defense. Will be a tough one whoever gets the nod.

My problem with Vlad is that I feel he sometimes gets muscled off the ball

I could be wrong, but Dawson's that type of player, where we defend better with him in the team, despite him not being perfect. His experience and leadership helps galvanize the defense. Will be a tough one whoever gets the nod.

I'm thinking a new era with chiriches and verts with telepathic understanding due to the similar style of play.

Paves way for verts to assume captaincy too, and imagine him leading from the back, galvanizing the entire team!

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

Bloody Romanians coming into Britain and taking our awards...

Bc7_rhMCQAAnCOu.jpg

If this is true it's only recently become true. He used to be the central defender that was in desperate need of a very good partner next to him. Looked very solid next to King or Woodgate, but next to Kaboul or someone less experienced we became less than solid.

Not sure if Dawson has stepped it up to become a leader and an organizer or if it's more that Vertonghen and Chiriches are both very good players.

There's probably a handful of teams in the league where a Chiriches - Vertonghen parnership would end up causing us problems in the air and physically, but against a lot of teams that actually play football I think it could be very good.

Paves way for verts to assume captaincy too, and imagine him leading from the back, galvanizing the entire team!
No way. Do you go to our games? Vertonghen rarely does any vocal leading, which is an essential part of a defender's game. At least one of our centre-backs needs to be giving out orders, Jan's not that man.

Chiriches was great yesterday, his best performance yet for us. Cool in possession, strong in the tackle and wow he's quick for a defender ain't he?

Did get caught out of position a bit but his pace allowed him to make up for it mostly. And we know his achilles heel is his poor heading, so he'll probably struggle against the Stokes and West Hams of this world but thankfully I think most PL teams are moving away from the long ball style of play.

Bloody Romanians coming into Britain and taking our awards...

Bc7_rhMCQAAnCOu.jpg

May not have been the man of the match and he knows it too, but still, a nice picture to keep for him. Will probably lift his spirits up, which will translate into more delightfully entertaining, but heart stopping moments for us, fans :))

No way. Do you go to our games? Vertonghen rarely does any vocal leading, which is an essential part of a defender's game. At least one of our centre-backs needs to be giving out orders, Jan's not that man.

Chiriches was great yesterday, his best performance yet for us. Cool in possession, strong in the tackle and wow he's quick for a defender ain't he?

Did get caught out of position a bit but his pace allowed him to make up for it mostly. And we know his achilles heel is his poor heading, so he'll probably struggle against the Stokes and West Hams of this world but thankfully I think most PL teams are moving away from the long ball style of play.

What I do know about verts is that in Ajax he captained them to win the league, and became one of the best players there at the same time!

i dont like this guy because of his decision making, but i cant help but notice the benefits of the stupid risks that he takes if they come off.

He must be a gambling man, clearly plays a numbers game

one thing i dont like about him, a simple ball over the top and he is out for the count , LOL..didnt mean it and no pun intended, what the **** is that about? doesnt he believe in partnerships...you're supposed to keep busting a gut to get back in line

What I do know about verts is that in Ajax he captained them to win the league, and became one of the best players there at the same time!

the dutch league, for a perennial domestic league power house

dont know if thats the same as doing it in the premiership for a 2nd tier club with top tier aspirations

i dont like this guy because of his decision making, but i cant help but notice the benefits of the stupid risks that he takes if they come off.

He must be a gambling man, clearly plays a numbers game

one thing i dont like about him, a simple ball over the top and he is out for the count , LOL..didnt mean it and no pun intended, what the **** is that about? doesnt he believe in partnerships...you're supposed to keep busting a gut to get back in line

Technically good player, bit of the crazy in him.

Re the long ball over the top, it's something we need to work on as a team, I personally have noticed that Pool/United/most teams this season have played a lot of "long balls" against us, obviously something they think they can exploit based on how we set up, Pool killed us with it, we coped with it against United other than the switch off after our 2nd.

Technically good player, bit of the crazy in him.

Re the long ball over the top, it's something we need to work on as a team, I personally have noticed that Pool/United/most teams this season have played a lot of "long balls" against us, obviously something they think they can exploit based on how we set up, Pool killed us with it, we coped with it against United other than the switch off after our 2nd.

definately, its a communication and partnership problem.

you cant have one ball over the top dragging dragging juts one defender along with any tom dingdong and wellback striker from the opposition team creating a deep "V" or "U" shape in the back line...a chasm ensues and all manner of horror can come from that

you all have to keep it tight and track back together, or someone needs to organise the line properly for the offside call / option. and you definitely need to support your partner...you cant just jog back casually leaving him to fend for himself

If a ball is played over/past Chiriches then it's down to his partner to read the situation and prevent the danger, what was he actually supposed to do in that scenario yesterday?

If a ball is played over/past Chiriches then it's down to his partner to read the situation and prevent the danger, what was he actually supposed to do in that scenario yesterday?

the key is that its always played over chiriches, and he is always the guy that doesnt know whats happening behind him?

what should he have done?

been aware of what's happening with his partner i would assume.......keep an eye on the where the ball is going to as opposed to the ball itself...especially when its like 5 to 10 yards ahead of you

dont just jog back, slowly at that, after the ball has been played over your head leaving your guy to deal with it on his own...assume that he might hold him up a bit so that you can get back in time to support

thing is that i am not saying the goal was his fault, just that this over the top ball has been a real issue since verts hasnt been in the line up. And this slow job back thing is something i see a lot of in chiriches so far....

wellback targeting dawson due to pace and mobility was the right move , from the strikers perspective, but we should know this as this is football 101 ...you would expect that we would have have contingency plans to support dawson when those balls happened?

put it this way...why isnt an over the top ball killing EVERY single premier league team?

i'm also curious to know how many times we have manage to pull and offside trap with chiriches in the lineup.....one of the reasons that one CB gets dragged all over the country in the straight line to goal is lack of the communication in the defensive line....and probably trust. because i cant quantify that or easily see it it kind of makes it a moot point...but i suspect that might be something to do with this long ball over the top butchering our defensive line

Last edited:

the key is that its always played over chiriches, and he is always the guy that doesnt know whats happening behind him?

what should he have done?

been aware of what's happening with his partner i would assume.......keep an eye on the where the ball is going to as opposed to the ball itself...especially when its like 5 to 10 yards ahead of you

dont just jog back, slowly at that, after the ball has been played over your head leaving your guy to deal with it on his own...assume that he might hold him up a bit so that you can get back in time to support

thing is that i am not saying the goal was his fault, just that this over the top ball has been a real issue since verts hasnt been in the line up. And this slow job back thing is something i see a lot of in chiriches so far....

wellback targeting dawson due to pace and mobility was the right move , from the strikers perspective, but we should know this as this is football 101 ...you would expect that we would have have contingency plans to support dawson when those balls happened?

put it this way...why isnt an over the top ball killing EVERY single premier league team?

i'm also curious to know how many times we have manage to pull and offside trap with chiriches in the lineup.....one of the reasons that one CB gets dragged all over the country in the straight line to goal is lack of the communication in the defensive line....and probably trust. because i cant quantify that or easily see it it kind of makes it a moot point...but i suspect that might be something to do with this long ball over the top butchering our defensive line

Pressure on the man on the ball so that he can't easily release a well timed pass and protection of the back 4 from the defensive midfielders?

It's impossible for a central defender to keep track of the ball, play going on ahead of him and what's going on behind his back at the same time. Has to be a call from his partner if a striker on a run like Welbeck made is being "handed off" in a situation like that imo. Most of the time Dawson doesn't trip in that situation and he deals with it a lot better.

Back