• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Not been the same since his injury, perhaps we rushed him back too quickly.

He is a reserve. He is only playing because everyone else is either injured or frightened. He looked a bit frightened himself, today.

He has been used all his life to people telling him how great and cute he is.

If he wants to keep earning the big bucks he has to man up.

You only have to go back one page and you read about this guy being our signing of the summer and ready made replacement for Verts if he's sold.

Kneejerk to the extreme guys. He's a young, talented defender who is bound to make the occasional mistakes. Fact is I'd rather have him in the team at the moment ahead of Dawson and Kaboul.

You only have to go back one page and you read about this guy being our signing of the summer and ready made replacement for Verts if he's sold.

Kneejerk to the extreme guys. He's a young, talented defender who is bound to make the occasional mistakes. Fact is I'd rather have him in the team at the moment ahead of Dawson and Kaboul.

Agree 100%

He is not exactly playing in a team that high on confidence and renound for its defensive strengths.... Particularly with NO defensive midfield players

From what I've seen of him he is potentially top top drawer and that's what I want in my team.

Dawson and him don't look great together and defences need to work as a a unit but at the money there all we have available so it's ine if the tow with Capoue or these two as genuine centre backs. I know what I'd prefer

He is a reserve. He is only playing because everyone else is either injured or frightened. He looked a bit frightened himself, today.

He has been used all his life to people telling him how great and cute he is.

If he wants to keep earning the big bucks he has to man up.

He doesn't take the game too seriously.... its not difficult to tell or make a player play conservatively and not go for the hollywood stunts.

With experience in this league, i can see im become a great.

He is arrogant, like benny is/was...and that can cost us sometimes. But he seems to have a lot of confidence and a good eye for the game. When he learns to duel properly, he will be very very good. And possibly act as an even deeper playmaker for us.

Jan has some of the same qualities, but more experience and is tougher. Give him a chance...romanian football to PL football is quite the difference

He takes too many risks. I wish we would sign a no nonsense defender more akin to Kompany rather than defenders who can play a bit. He's nowhere near the defender Vertonghen is.

I noticed recently in a Dortmund match I was watching that their CB's took it in turns to move forward an act as a deep lying playmaker. No CM was dropping to receive possession. With a Verts and Chirches pairing we would certainly have the ability to replicate this tactic.

I noticed recently in a Dortmund match I was watching that their CB's took it in turns to move forward an act as a deep lying playmaker. No CM was dropping to receive possession. With a Verts and Chirches pairing we would certainly have the ability to replicate this tactic.

I can see this in the future.

He takes too many risks. I wish we would sign a no nonsense defender more akin to Kompany rather than defenders who can play a bit. He's nowhere near the defender Vertonghen is.

Yet Verts also had ****ty games this season (and more than two), but didn't see even close to the kind of criticism Vlad is getting.
I think if you compare their stats this season, you'd be surprised. And yeah, Vlad is playing his first season in a strong league.

Still think he and Verts have to be first choice pairing with a full fit squad.. Could be our classy starting CBs for years to come.

He is but he's also a beast, quick and loves a tackle. I meant I would rather we signed a player in his mould than a silky defender.

I don't think he has any weaknesses. If there's a handful of centre backs better than him in the world that would be about it. He's a fantastic player and saying that we should get someone like him in is like saying we should go for a forward like Aguero or Suarez.

Unless Baldini and co can find the perfect deal somewhere we probably have to go for someone with more obvious limitations.

Cahill stopped a certain goal today for Chelsea by sliding along the pitch on his a rse and nipping the ball off the forward.

After Chiriches does one of those I will start believing this talented CB can be our 1st choice.

Cahill stopped a certain goal today for Chelsea by sliding along the pitch on his a rse and nipping the ball off the forward.

After Chiriches does one of those I will start believing this talented CB can be our 1st choice.

That's the last ditch type of defending we live but is laughed at internationally

The best defenders take the ball in a tackle and move it forward in the same move.... Chriches does that with aplomb

He is still learning in our side but is IMO a massive prospect for us to progress as he reads the game so well

He will still **** up but he won't need many last ditch sliding tackles to revolver from IMO as he will have the ball long before that

Back