• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

It would be madness to sell him now, unless we're offered silly money for him. Hopefully he'll adapt to the pace of the league eventually, unless his confidence is too shot from getting stick for not having scored from open play yet.

It would be madness to sell him now, unless we're offered silly money for him. Hopefully he'll adapt to the pace of the league eventually, unless his confidence is too shot from getting stick for not having scored from open play yet.

I'm all for giving players a proper crack but if there is an alternative that may be better suited then why not.

another game against lower league opposition and no goal from open play, even the penalty was almost saved, good dive to get the pen.
we need to offload him in this window to recoup what we paid.

Dive? Get out of here.
And criticising a player for having a penalty almost saved - reaching, aren't you?

another apologist defending a player masquerading as a centre forward who hasn't scored a goal in open play, i'm all about supporting our players but some people just can't see the wood for the trees

I am not sure he is the required quality long term but I thought he was very good today.
He ran the channels, including the right side; he made a brilliant turn to win the penalty which was clear from my excellent view in West Upp 1, their defender stopped him with a left elbow, even my Wycombe supporting friend said it was a clear pen; he was looking to play quick one twos; held the ball up and even managed to attack the ball for his header which was well saved.

another apologist defending a player masquerading as a centre forward who hasn't scored a goal in open play, i'm all about supporting our players but some people just can't see the wood for the trees

I addressed your two specific points. I wasn't commenting on his overall ability. Just your couple of ridiculous issues.
But I understand why it's good to sweep all disagreement into the term 'apologist'. Must make it much easier to oppose.

Yes I though he was good today but still frustrating that he couldn't get a clean strike on goal that we all know he is capable of.

That penalty was a fantastic one. Keeper went the right way but still too fast and low. I'd say near unsaveble and that blackman is pretty fast too.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I havent been his biggest fan, but I actually wanted him to start yesterday, and called for him to come on HT. Thought he did well today, won and converted a deserved penalty. Showed passion for scoring, was first to grab the ball out of the night twice and run back to kick-off, loved his 1-2 for the winner and looked as overjoyed as everyone (bar Son) with the winning goal.
He isnt going anywhere this window so I will give him my support for the next 3 1/2 months to prove a lot of us wrong

I'm OK with Janssen so far. He puts himself about industriously, plays with a fair amount of savvy. As the season wears on, he'll be fresh when he does get to play and facing defenders who will have more wear and tear on their bodies. He'll get his chances. Score a couple and the hubbub will subside. We can afford to be patient. For now.

I'm OK with Janssen so far. He puts himself about industriously, plays with a fair amount of savvy. As the season wears on, he'll be fresh when he does get to play and facing defenders who will have more wear and tear on their bodies. He'll get his chances. Score a couple and the hubbub will subside. We can afford to be patient. For now.

Although he did run the channels occasionally what I did like is that he was in between the posts a lot more than he has been during recent appearances....I'm sure I read him say Poch gave him those instructions that we put some decent balls into the box in the 1st half but no-one was there to capitalise.

He just needs to be a little bit more selfish and let the others around him create the chances. A little bit of luck and something will fall for him in open play but if he's out wide or deep he'll never have that chance!

we need to offload him in this window to recoup what we paid.

No we don´t. Even if he continues the same way has he has started, the price will be the same (or even higher) in the summer. And apparently, the money is not needed right now.

Back