• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Any news or injury update on Vincent? He seems to have been injured an awfully long time. In my dreams he's the next Sissoko, making a remarkable comeback instead of being the 18 million quid forgotten man.
Again, if we could resurrect our £17m striker and also the £11m winger into something akin to the Sissoko effect, what a bloody result that would be. Not holding out much hope though. 1 miracle a year is pretty decent going!

Any news or injury update on Vincent? He seems to have been injured an awfully long time. In my dreams he's the next Sissoko, making a remarkable comeback instead of being the 18 million quid forgotten man.
I always thought he was going to make it here, but seems very unlikely now.

Poch has no hesitation in getting rid of players ASAP if he doesn’t deem them good enough or see them fitting into our system. Difference with Sissoko is that he always persisted with him and kept him around the squad and gave him game time through sketchy periods of form. Jansen got his original opportunity and hasn’t been seen since so unfortunately think this horse has run its race...

What's this Lazurus guy like? Do you have any YouTube clips? Is he available in January?
I’d be wary.

He suffered a pretty serious injury which would usually be career ending (called “death”). Did well to come back from it first time around, but he then missed a whole 4 days of life as a result. I’m also pretty sure Death is guaranteed to come back. To everyone. At some point.

There are also some question marks over the fact most of his career has been out in Cyprus, and that he seems only really motivated to get up for his old boss. Jesus.
I’d avoid, better targets available I’d suggest.

Last edited:

Yeah would be interesting to know if he’s in a state to either go on loan or be transferred next month.

I always thought he was going to make it here, but seems very unlikely now.

Poch has no hesitation in getting rid of players ASAP if he doesn’t deem them good enough or see them fitting into our system. Difference with Sissoko is that he always persisted with him and kept him around the squad and gave him game time through sketchy periods of form. Jansen got his original opportunity and hasn’t been seen since so unfortunately think this horse has run its race...

I actually think the difference with Sissoko was a lack of choice. Couldnt get rid of him, then had his entire midfield drop with injury. Sissoko has only ever been a "needs must" type player, not the resurrection project people seem convinced he is.

That aside, I agree - I was always sure Janssen had everything to be a premiership player, but Poch didnt waste too much time in deciding otherwise. If I had to speculate Id say the problem is in the head/heart rather than ability.

Janssen just isn't a Premier League player imo. Can't think of many teams in the division where he'd be a regular starter. The likes of Fulham have Mitrovic, Brighton have Murray etc. They are a level above Janssen.

Janssen just isn't a Premier League player imo. Can't think of many teams in the division where he'd be a regular starter. The likes of Fulham have Mitrovic, Brighton have Murray etc. They are a level above Janssen.
We just need to find a way to somehow utilise his absolutely bloody massive arse in our subtle and rapier like approach play....

He's better than Mitrovic from everything I've seen.

Mitrovic is an excellent championship level player, nothing more. Been so disappointing every time I've seen him this season.

Janssen has more in his locker. More potential.

He's better than Mitrovic from everything I've seen.

Mitrovic is an excellent championship level player, nothing more. Been so disappointing every time I've seen him this season.

Janssen has more in his locker. More potential.

But he has 7 goals and 2 assists this season, playing for a team that have been utter dogsh1t. I don't think he's an amazing player, but he's shown more at this level than Janssen has. Janssen was rubbish for us, that's why Poch bombed him out.

I actually think the difference with Sissoko was a lack of choice. Couldnt get rid of him, then had his entire midfield drop with injury. Sissoko has only ever been a "needs must" type player, not the resurrection project people seem convinced he is.

That aside, I agree - I was always sure Janssen had everything to be a premiership player, but Poch didnt waste too much time in deciding otherwise. If I had to speculate Id say the problem is in the head/heart rather than ability.

Final nail in his coffin was an overseas loan, mistake on every level.

Even a championship loan would have been a better option.

To me, Janssen's problem was being the wrong type of striker. I hope he'll find a suitable club and get back on course to a successful career but it doesn't seem that it'll be with us.

We need someone who can either play alongside Kane or offer something totally different as a lone striker, this leads inevitably to the one thing Kane lacks, which is genuine pace. There was a spell when both were paying together up top and it was just awful.

Saying Mitrovic is a championship player or that an overseas loan was a final nail is complete gonad*s in my opinion, just the wrong face at the wrong time. Hoping a good + permanent solution will be found in January.

Back