• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

If Janssen succeeds at Spurs I think we will all have to realize judging a player in first season for Poch is damn near impossible.

Or judging a player over a really short period of playing time doesn't work regardless of coach

Agree with both of these posts, sadly in todays world everything has to be instant and that means new players are given no slack by some fans.

@Bedfordspurs true, but Poch's system complicates the usual settling in even more.

Janssen looked like he belonged in the system yesterday, linked with Dele, linked with Eriksen, he's held up well before, but yesterday he looked part of the team.

@Bedfordspurs true, but Poch's system complicates the usual settling in even more.

Janssen looked like he belonged in the system yesterday, linked with Dele, linked with Eriksen, he's held up well before, but yesterday he looked part of the team.

But yesterday the players got him involved

Like sissoko he has suffered from not getting passes at times...

Yesterday we needed him and he did his job really well and the players relished getting him in the game

MOM is taking it a bit too far, but he definitely looked much better and more settled in the team yesterday than he has for most of the season. Obviously for a striker I'd like to see more goals from him, but his overall play looks better and better. Lovely assist though!

But yesterday the players got him involved

Like sissoko he has suffered from not getting passes at times...

Yesterday we needed him and he did his job really well and the players relished getting him in the game
Good point. The fact that he seemed to have a defined role and got a vital assist for Son AND played the pass that released Dele to assist Eriksen should give him a lot of confidence. And the love he gets from the fans also helps.

Great Cameo. Giving Poch a tactical decision as to whether he should start vs Watford, which is clearly steps in the right direction.

Needs a goal from open play obviously, but his involvement and trust being formed with the other attackers is key.

Keep striving Vince

His challenge on Fabianski changed the whole dynamic of the game...

Surely 'his foul by Fabianski' - penalty all day long, except he is a saintly keeper who feigned injury so well his manager tried hauling him off.

We were making chances after they went defensive and we went offensive. #newspursy

Surely 'his foul by Fabianski' - penalty all day long, except he is a saintly keeper who feigned injury so well his manager tried hauling him off.

We were making chances after they went defensive and we went offensive. #newsexy

What a clown that Gooner clown shoe is. Without his theatrical playacting, I doubt we would have won. It gave that bit of extra time and that bit of extra belief.

He was superb on Wednesday when he came on. Very positive without being a headless chicken. People talk about the flick for the second but its slightly fortuitous in its result but his play for the third is exceptional. It shows he has football intelligence. I was really impressed as it unfolded but even more so when seeing it back. Even if he doesn't score between now and the season's end, if he has games like that where he makes an impact and assist directly or indirectly with goals then it will do him the world of good going into next season where I think we will see a different Vincent Janssen.

He was superb on Wednesday when he came on. Very positive without being a headless chicken. People talk about the flick for the second but its slightly fortuitous in its result but his play for the third is exceptional. It shows he has football intelligence. I was really impressed as it unfolded but even more so when seeing it back. Even if he doesn't score between now and the season's end, if he has games like that where he makes an impact and assist directly or indirectly with goals then it will do him the world of good going into next season where I think we will see a different Vincent Janssen.

There is still a long way to go but you can't fault his commitment and his willingness. if he does make it, it will be another example of MPs great coaching.

Such a shame he didn't manage to score today. He still made himself very useful so hopefully Kane being back will not block his opportunities altogether in the remaining games.
I thought he looked gutted when Tripper put that cross in for Son. Janssen was lining up for it but it went whizzing past him.

I wasnt happy that he didnt play the full 90. My impression was that the front 4 had gotten used to each other's game.

To be fair, once that one on the goal line didn't go in for him today, I knew he still wasn't getting on the scoresheet. He could have blown it in if he'd taken a deep enough breath.

Back