• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Wanyama is serving up humble pie and there should be a queue in here for some extra large portions.

He's definitely proving me wrong. I thought that he was only a ball winner, but he's proving to be more than just that. I am very impressed with his performances this season, bargain buy.

@Gutter Boy I think it is time for you be a man and admit you were wrong about Wanyama. I told you Wanyama would be an excellent signing for us but you said he was a mediocre player and certainly not good enough for Spurs. I distinctly remember you throughout the summer telling me we do not need him and at best he would be nothing more than back up for Dier. I am looking forward to hearing from you

@Gutter Boy I think it is time for you be a man and admit you were wrong about Wanyama. I told you Wanyama would be an excellent signing for us but you said he was a mediocre player and certainly not good enough for Spurs. I distinctly remember you throughout the summer telling me we do not need him and at best he would be nothing more than back up for Dier. I am looking forward to hearing from you

Remarkable form after calling out Alderweireld as the slow limited player that he clearly is the summer before.

Remarkable form after calling out Alderweireld as the slow limited player that he clearly is the summer before.

Ha, he said we did not need Toby because we have Fazio and also said Poch was not good enough to manager Spurs :)

Victor Wanyama does what it says on the tin: Crash Kill Destroy

Your doing him a disservice

I think that's part of the problem with players like Wanyama... They bring much more to the table than their role suggests and it's showed today.

The first goal was all about his awareness to win the ball and feed rose and then a great cross

He was also booked early and peopel were saying he should be subbed... Why!!!

We should trust the players to do their job even with a yellow and he did that

Was outstanding today

Your doing him a disservice

I think that's part of the problem with players like Wanyama... They bring much more to the table than their role suggests and it's showed today.

The first goal was all about his awareness to win the ball and feed rose and then a great cross

He was also booked early and peopel were saying he should be subbed... Why!!!

We should trust the players to do their job even with a yellow and he did that

Was outstanding today

You are right

We just need him to write Jansen off next.

@Gutter Boy

your-club-needs-you.png

Very good game from him today. I've been one of those not too excited about this signing, and I still think Dier on form should be in the team ahead of Wanyama. And I'm far from convinced about partnering the two of them from the start in most games. But today he was well worth his place in the team and solid all around as well as useful on the ball. More of this please Wanyama.

I too did not see the need to buy him. For 12m though it was a very good deal. And with the amount of games we have this season I would like to see him and Dier trade places from game to game to keep them fresh. Also I like the fact they do the same job but in a different way. Victor is better at getting stuck in and scaring players. Where as Dier is calm and collected and just wins the ball with ease. And good pair to have.

When you see city have Fernandinho who ain't great at anything but ok at most and fernando who is actually poor at everything you. An see where we are at.

City will move Gungodhan there over time I think but compare our "riches" with Victor, Dier and Dembele supported with players like winks to come in and we look very very strong

Adding Wanyama is a master stroke in my book as he just adds to what we have and doesn't weaken the team at all (could be argued were stronger). When you have that depth your going the right way

He also gives us the option of playing Dier in central defence which should keep Vertonghen on his toes

Back