• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

He’d fit right in, would be a big upgrade on Rakitic.

Would be nice to see the Paulinho/Eriksen engine room AVB foresaw all those years ago too.
Agree on that. Rakitic is not the worst but he is not Barca standard IMO.

They still play Iniesta fairly frequently and he never embarasses himself dispite his advancing years. In fact his efficiency of movement is a lesson my son won't learn but it still blows me away. Eriksen looks perfect for the same role.

It has started (from BBC Gossip) ... going to be a fun summer

Barcelona, Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid are all interested in signing Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, 25, for £200m. The Egypt international has scored 28 Premier League goals so far this season. (Sun)

Liverpool will resist any attempts by clubs to sign Salah as the Anfield club target winning the Premier League next season. (Times - subscription required)

Heysel. Ah yes, the moment when several of the "top firms" in England decided to infiltrate the terraces and try to continue a feud with Italian mobs which had started at the 1980 Euro Champs. I have said this before, but I tragically knew an idiot in the town I grew up in who boasted that he and a few friends (who were amidst Chelski's hooligans at the time) made their way to Brussels for the "festivities'...again, that was not all Liverpool at all.
How many of those sentenced for manslaughter were not Liverpool fans? Serious question wiki has them all being scousers but its before my time.

Agree on that. Rakitic is not the worst but he is not Barca standard IMO.

They still play Iniesta fairly frequently and he never embarasses himself dispite his advancing years. In fact his efficiency of movement is a lesson my son won't learn but it still blows me away. Eriksen looks perfect for the same role.
He is done wants to leave at the top (according to sid low) hope they think coutinho can do the job as he is pretty much irreplaceable for us

How many of those sentenced for manslaughter were not Liverpool fans? Serious question wiki has them all being scousers but its before my time.

I could not tell you. I have not used Wikipedia as a reference to this. There was a history of Italian/English violence which kicked into a major gear during the 1980 Euro Champs. This was seen as a "chance" for some sort of "off" and thus there were neutrals on each side of the proverbial fence. Obviously some Liverpool fans were involved, ditto Juve, but the main thrust came (as I always heard it - and knew it at the time) from other firms who had got their hands on some of the 20,000 neutral tickets being sold. Who, in the end got caught, is a bit of a moot point...

Wasn't there trouble in Rome for the European Cup final involving Liverpool and Roma the year before? I've heard that this led to some grudges that had to be settled.

Wasn't there trouble in Rome for the European Cup final involving Liverpool and Roma the year before? I've heard that this led to some grudges that had to be settled.

Yes, part of the chain of events for sure and well-remembered as I had forgotten about that part of the story. As a youth I remember clearly 1980 (ugly) and some of the "local heroes" in our town spent years taking any chance of "revenge" they could the idiots! The thing with Heysel was those neutral tickets plus a stadium that was not even fit for League One football in all honesty...of curse some idiots from Liverpool too, but I will always insist that there were a mass of neutrals there to fight.

Yes, part of the chain of events for sure and well-remembered as I had forgotten about that part of the story. As a youth I remember clearly 1980 (ugly) and some of the "local heroes" in our town spent years taking any chance of "revenge" they could the idiots! The thing with Heysel was those neutral tickets plus a stadium that was not even fit for League One football in all honesty...of curse some idiots from Liverpool too, but I will always insist that there were a mass of neutrals there to fight.
come on, it was the vast majority! There may well have been some neutrals too, but you are making it sound like the Pool fans were innocent bystanders?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/foru...66t4vcvr5&topic=32369.msg480600;topicseen#new

https://footballpink.net/2015/05/28/the-heysel-stadium-disaster-30-years-on-a-liverpool-fans-view/

Views from Liverpool fans' who were there. You would have thought they'd take the opportunity to spread the blame if they could? Sounds like it was the Liverpool Chairman John Smith who tried to implicate Chelsea/NF supporters?

Read 2 of those from rawk, everybody to blame except for Liverpool fans.
We stole tickets, got in without tickets, drank all day, stole, skipped rooms, started fights.... But it wasn't our fault.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/foru...66t4vcvr5&topic=32369.msg480600;topicseen#new

https://footballpink.net/2015/05/28/the-heysel-stadium-disaster-30-years-on-a-liverpool-fans-view/

Views from Liverpool fans' who were there. You would have thought they'd take the opportunity to spread the blame if they could? Sounds like it was the Liverpool Chairman John Smith who tried to implicate Chelsea/NF supporters?

I could not tell you numbers, and I would not deny some Liverpool fans were absolutely involved. But I am telling you, there were CFC scumbags in my town who went there simply to cause trouble! They openly boasted about it at the time!

Read those links and the second piece is interesting because again, there were some tossers in our town who went swearing “revenge” for the 80 Euros!! This was the same lot from theirs who “graced” England matches abroad. One thing he recounts is the Juve fans running around the track to attack the end. I vividly remember watching that on telly and wondering why no-one was stopping them.

I know it is a thing for some to specifically hate scousers here. Not me. And while I absolutely acknowledge that they have to have been a big part of Heysel, there is a lot of other context and detail to consider...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back