• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Surely though he breached the contract by failing to perform to an acceptable level? Surely, Rogers leading the team to an acceptable level would be amongst the terms of the contract and, as one of the parties to the contract, Rogers failure would have led to the contract being revoked and Liverpool not having to pay any further monies. If not, then the contract is very one sided... to the point that says - we will give you money for x years, we don't care whether you relegate us, in fact feel free to and we will then pay you handsomely as we part ways. Where the fudge is the logic in that?!

I am not aware of a single manager who has been released for breach of contract based on team performance.

It should have happened for a lot of managers, but it never will. You would never get another manager if you did it. There's way to much that they can't control. Injuries, suspensions, loss of form for star players. That's before bad refs, striking/sulking players or interfering owners.

They should have won the league. The attack of that team was on autopilot. Mike the headless chicken could have managed that team to 2nd with the flow they had that season. Brentons job was to make sure they let in fewer goals than they scored. He failed to do that.

I don't like the guy but that's a little unfair, he deserves some credit for getting them to play in that style, very direct, on it straight from kick off. Some lovely movement and interchanges, that's not down to just one guy. The whole team was playing well. Don't forget they absolutely destroyed us 5-0 at the Lane that season.

I am not aware of a single manager who has been released for breach of contract based on team performance.

But that is how it ought to work. After all, isn't a contract a two way agreement between two parties? And why else are managers sacked other than poor team performances*?

* yes, I know there have been isolated sackings due to other factors but it's mostly due to poor performance of the team and the consequent sub standard results.

With all the momentum they really should have won it. But in the end between all the grandstanding and terrible decisions that went their way justice was done.
He would have been glad to take all the plaudits if they had won so he has to take the flak when it doesn't go right.

But that is how it ought to work. After all, isn't a contract a two way agreement between two parties? And why else are managers sacked other than poor team performances*?

* yes, I know there have been isolated sackings due to other factors but it's mostly due to poor performance of the team and the consequent sub standard results.
It's not really a sacking though is it. Who else gets sacked and the contract paid out?
Sacking means you're out with nothing.

It's not really a sacking though is it. Who else gets sacked and the contract paid out?
Sacking means you're out with nothing.

Which is exactly what should happen. If you paid someone to do a job for you & they hideously failed at the job, would you expect to pay them money for their poor efforts?

It should have happened for a lot of managers, but it never will. You would never get another manager if you did it. There's way to much that they can't control. Injuries, suspensions, loss of form for star players. That's before bad refs, striking/sulking players or interfering owners.

But then, isn't that down to the board to decide whether the manager has managed those situations effectively. For the board to decide how much impact the manager has had on the negative events & likewise whether the manager has managed well in spite of these negative events? This would still result in the decision that the manager has failed to perform the contractual duties to a reasonable standard & so the manager would leave with nothing.

As for managers not taking on the contracts. Don't make me laugh. Managers would have to take on the role. They would need employment, same as other employed individuals. Plus, most managers have a huge ego to think that they will always succeed. Just look at the comments attributed to both John Carver & Sam Allardyce, in which they each told the World that they were an amazing manager.

Furthermore, perhaps the manager would then be even more determined to succeed. It's not like plumbers, or other managers, generally get pay offs when they fail to perform adequately and yet, they then just have to look for a new role. If football managers don't like the idea that they have to perform their job to a reasonable standard then maybe they need to look for a career elsewhere. If they can't live with a huge salary, and with pressure to achieve results, perhaps the football World isn't for them. I mean football management is a high profile and pressure job.

Which is exactly what should happen. If you paid someone to do a job for you & they hideously failed at the job, would you expect to pay them money for their poor efforts?
I think you're overstating the degree to which he failed tbh and ultimately a manager is paid to manage the team - results don't come in to that asides for maybe a bonus for exceeding expectations. If he does well he'll earn a new contract if he does badly he'll be replaced

Ok badly worded one point, if A team did it they wouldn't get another manager.
It's proving they have hideously under achieved though that is the problem. Would end up in a tribunal.

I admire your idealism but I fear that you will remain disappointed, modern Premier League football is just behind the 1970s music industry in the 'in touch with reality' stakes.

Ok badly worded one point, if A team did it they wouldn't get another manager.
It's proving they have hideously under achieved though that is the problem. Would end up in a tribunal.

Or brackets of what's deemed acceptable being drawn up by the chairman at the time of the contract. The contract offer would have to be deemed acceptable by both parties so this should keep the offer realistic.

I think you're overstating the degree to which he failed tbh and ultimately a manager is paid to manage the team - results don't come in to that asides for maybe a bonus for exceeding expectations. If he does well he'll earn a new contract if he does badly he'll be replaced

He was given over £300m to spend & spent it on dross. He stated that given £100m to spend, a team would be expected to challenge for the league..the team instead continues to fall further and further behind. He treated the Europa League with disdain & barely scraped through in the league cup against a very poor, by comparison, opponent.

Or brackets of what's deemed acceptable being drawn up by the chairman at the time of the contract. The contract offer would have to be deemed acceptable by both parties so this should keep the offer realistic.

Would the manager have similar assurances from the clubs owners in the contract about funds and support that would be available?

Back