• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

If Suarez is so desperate get out guys, why would he sign this contract at all?

Bale signed one a year before he eventually left...but he didn't sign one AFTER agitating for the move like Suarez did.

If he was still do desperate to leave, why give Liverpool this security and power?

200k a week until the summer when his release clause could be met. If he continues at this level he will have no shortage of suitors

He'd have no shortage of suitors without signing the new contract, all he has effectively done is given Liverpool more power over negotiations. Absolute madness if he still wanted to leave. An extra 80k a week for 6 months pales in comparison to what he'd be earning as a future galactico.

Yup, I'm with BrainOfLevy on this one.

Apparently for the rest of this season his wage will rise from its current amount £120k p/w > £160k p/w, then from next season £200k p/w. Why on earth, if he was just staying for the short term, would he accept 'just' a £40k increase for the remainder of this season along with essentially giving Liverpool all the cards?

Sorry, but to me Liverpool are getting their just rewards for doing what we didn't and keeping their man against all odds. And that is the difference between a big club's mentality and our ****ing 'we're a big club guvnor, honest, but we'll sell our best players anyway!!!' attitude. Under Levy I'm not sure that'll change either.

Yup, I'm with BrainOfLevy on this one.

Apparently for the rest of this season his wage will rise from its current amount £120k p/w > £160k p/w, then from next season £200k p/w. Why on earth, if he was just staying for the short term, would he accept 'just' a £40k increase for the remainder of this season along with essentially giving Liverpool all the cards?

Sorry, but to me Liverpool are getting their just rewards for doing what we didn't and keeping their man against all odds. And that is the difference between a big club's mentality and our ****ing 'we're a big club guvnor, honest, but we'll sell our best players anyway!!!' attitude. Under Levy I'm not sure that'll change either.

Because he's getting somewhere in the region of 2m -4m of a signing on fee for signing a new contract!!

He's doing the same thing Modric and Bale did signing long term contracts for big signing on fees right before they leave.

Something which hasn't been mentioned yet, but might have been a crucial factor in Suarez staying was his suspension at the start of the season.

Suarez couldn't refuse not to play, if not given a move. He was suspended, so couldn't play, and so Liverpool could simply keep him as quiet as possible whilst constantly reiterating that he wasn't for sale. This reduced the bad vibes that might have been caused had Suarez refused to play.

By the time Suarez was able to play, the transfer window was closed. Suarez then needed to perform at a high level to ensure that interest in his signing was maintained from other clubs. He has now signed a new contract as the reward of his excellent performances and in recognition of Liverpool's good season, this far.

Now imagine, if Liverpool lose to both Emirates Marketing Project & Chelsea, what happens? Does Suarez start sulking again? Will he refuse to play as he's now not suspended? Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

The signing of the contract was likely an easy decision in the short term. He earns extra, the club look to be going places and so why wouldn't he choose to stay?

But no one knows what happens long term. It's how this plays out in to the future, whether both parties maintain their current form, which will decide how much of the contract is honoured.

Interesting to hear Rodgers saying he's glad he chose the Liverpool job rather than the Spurs job. Seems he was approached by us weeks before we looked at AVB.

Interesting to hear Rodgers saying he's glad he chose the Liverpool job rather than the Spurs job. Seems he was approached by us weeks before we looked at AVB.

Pfft, he's just sticking his ladyboyfriends high-heeled boot in while we're down.

Fair play to Liverpool, regardless of what happens in the next couple of windows that won't have hurt them.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a release clause in his contract, would be very interesting to know what it is and what it states though.

It now seems massively unlikely that he will leave in January. Will he only be likely to leave in the summer if they don't get into the CL? If so that's also a massive boost for the club as I couldn't see him staying anyway if they didn't qualify and now they might be in a stronger position if they do.

Because he's getting somewhere in the region of 2m -4m of a signing on fee for signing a new contract!!

He's doing the same thing Modric and Bale did signing long term contracts for big signing on fees right before they leave.

I don't think he would risk virtually guaranteeing a move away in the summer by not signing the contract just because he wanted to earn a few quid in the short term with a signing on fee. Everything would pale in comparison to his future earnings at a super club.

I'm sure he has a 'if we don't make the CL you can go for this much' clause somewhere in the contract but it's still great business from Liverpool. They have kept their best player and this will help them pull away from us. Modric and Bale hadn't agitated for moves before signing their new contract like Suarez did, so he's likely had a change of heart and would be happy to stay if they refuse bids, otherwise he would be completely mental to give Liverpool that power over his contact.

Rodgers just likes to talk ****, half of what he says is complete rubbish, he's just got a few decent results under his belt now since losing to hull, so people think he's a genius. A few bad results and the 3 names in the envelope and Brent-on Rodgers will be mentioned again. I think he needs to be careful with all this chat, seems to be setting himself up for a fall.

They're doing well make no mistake, but they have had no midweek games to contend with and it was only 2 weeks ago I was talking to a couple of Liverpool fans in the pub who both had season tickets but didn't know each other that both thought Rodgers was a clown who made stupid decisions and substitutions.

That was very interesting to me as from the outside looking in you'd think they were all right behind him.

To qualify all the above, I think he's a decent manager, but this hero worship he's been getting is a bit OTT IMO!

To be fair to Rodgers, I don't think I've ever seen a manager not referred to as someone who makes stupid substitutions. Every club will have fans that say that about every manager they've ever had, just because subs were made which the fans with their limited knowledge of the game and the whole picture of what the manager was trying to achieve wouldn't have made.

It's such a common thing that it shouldn't be judged as a stick to best managers with IMO. No manager is one that always makes the perfect substitution, so picking one out and saying 'he makes weird substitutions' isn't a fair comment.

I took it to be similar to how AVB was criticized for his subs, I guess if they're continually strange and don't affect the game it's the only way you can judge it?

Just to say again, I do rate Rodgers, just not as highly as he rates himself, or others seem to.

as has been said I think this is Suarez getting the wording in his favor for a future move and Liverpool gambling that keeping him happy will get them in the CL this season

and despite journos talking ******** I don't think for a second levy actually did offer him the job

https://twitter.com/Footy_Jokes/status/415761399739338753
BcUUykAIUAA0ciL.jpg

Credit due, they are up there on merit. Suarez is brilliant but they are also playing some fantastic football right now. Where they finish? Who knows but if they continue in this vein any things possible. It's not inconceivable that we'll be level on points with them after the Chelsea game.

Playing really really well but honestly, they are an injury more away from plummeting to mediocrity IMO...

Probably a couple of key injuries away, but I agree with your sentiments. No Suarez, Gerrard and Couthino and they would look distinctly average IMO.

Back