• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Carragher has scored as many Premier League goals for Tottenham as he has for Liverpool.

Most over-rated defender I can ever remember. Slow, not so good on the ball, and with Ferdinand, Terry, King and Campbell around you can't say he was any better than the 5th best English centre-back of his generation, arguably 6th behind Woodgate too.

Carragher has scored as many Premier League goals for Tottenham as he has for Liverpool.

Most over-rated defender I can ever remember. Slow, not so good on the ball, and with Ferdinand, Terry, King and Campbell around you can't say he was any better than the 5th best English centre-back of his generation, arguably 6th behind Woodgate too.

Thats my main issue. Who is going to score for us against Liverpool now?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/12/who-said-it-rodgers-brent_n_2667551.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

A little quiz for you. I got 57%. Loved this paragraph from the article Rodgers, who can certainly talk the talk, perhaps doesn't walk the walk. He has infuriated Liverpool fans to the extent that on the Red and White Kop forums, a haven for the paranoid and deluded, he is something of a spacegoat.

Saw this posted on another forum.. There are some horrible bastards about. I heard a cat crying outside so i opened the door and four Liverpool fans were playing football with it. I was just about to phone the RSPCA when the cat went 1-0 up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/12/who-said-it-rodgers-brent_n_2667551.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

A little quiz for you. I got 57%. Loved this paragraph from the article Rodgers, who can certainly talk the talk, perhaps doesn't walk the walk. He has infuriated Liverpool fans to the extent that on the Red and White Kop forums, a haven for the paranoid and deluded, he is something of a spacegoat.

Saw this posted on another forum.. There are some horrible bastards about. I heard a cat crying outside so i opened the door and four Liverpool fans were playing football with it. I was just about to phone the RSPCA when the cat went 1-0 up.

:ross:

I've said for a few seasons now that Man Utd have a average team with like two decent players yet they still go on and dominate the league, Lets look ...

De Gea ... Not much differance between him and Reina
Evra ... Hardly a awesome left back i'd prefer Enrique
Rafael ... He is garbage and Johnson is far better
Vidic ... Very solid but can make big mistakes ... But isnt Skrtel?
Rio ... Getting on a bit and just stays at the back heading and playing simple balls ... Agger is better IMO
Valencia ... Tons of pace and just gets to the line and crosses 90% of the time ... Downing isnt far off if not the same
Giggs ... Drifts around the pitch can be a danger but isnt the world beater he was once ... Sterling is raw but will come good
Carrick ... Does simple things well thats about it ... Allen? Lucas?
Jones ... Also i just dont see this kid being anything special just raw ... Henderson? ... Also Gerrard is far better than him and car sick.
Van persie ... Deadly in front of goal one of the best in the world ... Suarez??? ... Not much differance
Rooney ... Talented on his day but hardly a dominating player ... Sturridge can also be this.

So looking back ... How do they win the league and we struggle???

Liverpool fans =D>

I've said for a few seasons now that Man Utd have a average team with like two decent players yet they still go on and dominate the league, Lets look ...

Rio ... Getting on a bit and just stays at the back heading and playing simple balls ... Agger is better IMO
Valencia ... Tons of pace and just gets to the line and crosses 90% of the time ... Downing isnt far off if not the same
Giggs ... Drifts around the pitch can be a danger but isnt the world beater he was once ... Sterling is raw but will come good
Jones ... Also i just dont see this kid being anything special just raw ... Henderson? ... Also Gerrard is far better than him and car sick.
Van persie ... Deadly in front of goal one of the best in the world ... Suarez??? ... Not much differance
Rooney ... Talented on his day but hardly a dominating player ... Sturridge can also be this.

Liverpool fans =D>

Because they have a team and you are brick.

Liverpool fans =D>

I was going to give you a message full of abuse as I was reading this until I realise you didn't actually write it.

It's hard to know where to begin with this. Even more dumb than someone saying that our team was as good as a Ronaldo-less Real Madrid.

Liverpool fans =D>

:ross: I have heard of overrating your own players but that is high comedy. An in form Gerrard is probably the only player that would get in United's side and possibly Agger as Rio is getting on a bit

LFC season is over in early february (I count the Europa Cup below the league cup these days)
The KOP is dying in front of our eyes
Chelsea are European champions
Rafa Benitez is suffering on our TV screens as Chelsea manager
We sacked a, if not 'the', club legend last year
United are going to win the league again
We are comfortably below Everton who, with no money, look better than us
United are still in the CL
We've just been double nilled by someone who was our assistant manager last year and who we sacked

Okay lad, put down the fudging razor blades. We are the five time European Champions, and we're going to win the UEFA Cup, Thatcher will be dead soon and Atletico used their UEFA Cup win to sign Falcao, so it's not 'below the league cup', in fact it's only below the League and the European Cup. Rodgers is doing a good job. If he's not, he'll be gone in a year or so and then we'll probably re-appoint Rafa.

At Least we have direction now. We can see what Brendan Rodgers is trying to do.

I feel since even the Souness era we have been trying to patch up a broken leg with band aids. We have 'nearly' had the team in so many seasons but yet could never get over the line. So the next season we would bring in a couple of players to fill in some of the inconsistancies from the season before. But that would lead to players from the season before being out of form, getting too old, picking up injuries or even the new players not fitting into their roles. Benitez really screwed it up in his last season selling Alonso, getting Aquilani in his place as well as a few other transfers not going on to be what we needed. Yes a lot of that could be blamed on Gillet & Hicks not backing him but the fact remains that it wasnt a good transfer period for us. The next one with Hodgson in was even worse with the likes of Poulsen, Konchesky & co coming in. But once again all of these were senior players that were meant to come in and help push us towards the title. Kenny then came in and to be fair tried to right the ship somewhat. He got some young players in but he didnt get it right and was still very reliant on the senior squad.

Rodgers has now come in and stripped all the band aids off the broken leg and has now put a plaster on it. We now have a strong core of young players that can be here for years to come. All these players fit together in the style that Rodgers wants and will continue to develop alongside one another. Rodgers has always said that this was going to take 3-4 years to get where he wanted it to. I believe that this has to do with resetting the squad and is why we are not signing players over 24 at the moment. If we have a core group playing in the same style and learning one anothers game now 5 years off their peaks imagine how brilliant their understanding of each others play & the style that Rodgers has for us when they are at their peaks.

This is basically what United did before they started dominating the league. Now because they had the core peices in place from the begining they are able to bring in 1 or 2 new players every year that bolster the squad rather than coming in to fullfil key roles. This also means the new players coming in are fitting to their squad and not the other way around. Which also means that if the player flops they arent in a crisis.

These first few years will be rough as we start to bed this core group of youngsters in but once they have all been playing the same style and together for a few years we will have a rock solid core to work from. If we only use players that we have at the moment and look at a possible line up in 5 years time we can see how strong we could potentially be:

==================Gulacsi (27)
Flanagan (23)===Kelly (27)===Wisdom (23)===McLaughlin (23)
===================Lucas (31)
============Henderson (27)
========================Coutinho (25)
===Suarez (31)======================Sterling (23)
==================Sturridge(27)

Possible Bench players:
Suso (24)
Shelvey (25)
Yesil (23)
Ngoo (25)
Teixeira (25)
Allen (27)
Sama (23)
Robinson (23)
Sinclair (21)
Coates (27)
Borini (26)
Coady (23)
Ward (26)

Of course there will be new players come in and some of those players will leave or not quite cut it but essentially we already have a squad of youngsters that have huge potential, 1st team experience as well as depth in a lot of areas. Already Kelly, Wisdom, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Coates, Flanagan, Robinson, Borini, Henderson, Allen & Sturridge have had significant game time in the 1st team squad and all are at least 5 years off their peak. Add to that Coutinho, Sama & maybe even Teixeira, Yesil & Ngoo that will see a lot of game time in the next year it is easy to see the core that Brendan wants coming through.

We just need faith in Rodgers stick with the team over these next couple of years whilst we cut more dead wood, strengthen some more and allow these youngsters to develop. It sucks for the near future but it is looking mighty fine for the years to come. Although I had some huge doubts after the Dempsey saga, I feel FSG may actually have been telling the truth that they have the money to compete with anyone if it is the right target. But at this point in time it is about getting the strong core team together and balancing the books so once the core is ready we can go out and buy those one off World Class players that will be the difference between Top 4 and the League Title.

I think we have taken that step back that was needed this season so we can take the next 5 or so steps forward in the future. Doesn’t mean I won’t complain, get frustrated, question tactics or team selections, hate life when we lose or draw, but I do think that if we keep the big picture in mind this year and maybe next year it may be somewhat easier to swallow when we have results like we did against WBA, Stoke & Aston Villa.

This is why I am keeping the faith. We could have a Sugar Daddy come and buy us a title like Chelsea & City but look what has happened to both those clubs. Theyve peaked then dropped and needed big cash flows coming in to get them to the top again. Id prefer a method that will keep us competing every year rather than being up & down & risking losing it all if the cash drys up.

Forget the players and the managers. It starts at the top. Our day to day leader is Ian Ayre. Will he bring us back to the top? I doubt it. We saw how badly someone like Parry can effect a proven manager like Rafa. Brendan could do with a real help from above. Until that is fixed its hard to be positive about the way the club is run.

Christ we were good against City and that's where we're heading.

This guy actually has something resembling a point until "let's look", at which point his credibility falls to the level of a drunk guy predicting the end of the world.

This year with a couple of new signings, United have strengthened. Last year they weakened, until they got Scholes back to paper over their lack of a midfield.

He completely forgets United's 2 big strengths. Their manager can get average players to become very good teams and they have a squad. Last year their first 11 was awful compared to Emirates Marketing Project's, but they still managed to push them all the way.

If every team just compared 11 to 11, Everton would be title contenders.

I do feel sorry for him when he goes into that comparison. I would love to see him compare squads.

Squad List
Goalkeepers
1. De Gea 13. Lindegaard 22. Amos 50. Johnstone
Defenders
2. Rafael 3. Evra 4. Jones 5. Ferdinand 6. Evans 12. Smalling 15. Vidic 28. Buttner 36. Vermijl 39. Thorpe 42. Blackett 46. Tunnicliffe 49. Veseli
Midfielders
8. Anderson 11. Giggs 16. Carrick 22. Scholes 23. Cleverley 24. Fletcher 52. Cole
Attacking Midfielders
7. Valencia 17. Nani 18. Young 25. Powell 26. Kagawa
Strikers
10. Rooney 14. Hernandez 19. Welbeck 20. van Persie

vs

Squad List
Goalkeepers
1. Jones 25. Reina 42. Gulacsi 52. Ward
Defenders
2. Johnson G 3. Jose Enrique 5. Agger 16. Coates 23. Carragher 34. Kelly 35. Coady 37. Skrtel 38. Flanagan 43. McLaughlin 45. Sama 47. Wisdom 49. Robinson
Midfielders
8. Gerrard 14. Henderson 19. Downing 21. Lucas 24. Allen 33. Shelvey
Attacking Midfielders
10. Coutinho 11. Assaidi 44. Ibe
Strikers
7. Suarez 15. Sturridge 29. Borini 30. Suso 31. Sterling 36. Yesil 48. Sinclair Mukendi

The Lindegaard - Jones comparison would be awesome.

Cleverly - Shelvey would be great too.

Hernandez and Welbeck being compared to Suso and Borini.

That said, when Sturridge is clearly on Rooney's level, Downing and Valencia are the same and so on, I'm not sure if I'd be surprised when Liverpool fans rate their youth team better than United's bench.

I really have to salute the people that took Liverpool from where they were and put them where they are now. Their transfer policy has been the most amazing in the world for years. I don't think I'd have been able to destroy their squad, spend all the money on players that get loaned out and eventually let go for free, spend new money given to me on players that would struggle to get into relegation sides and keep legendary status when I got sacked.

Hundreds of millions of pounds wasted, players like Alonso and Mascherano sold, Rafa and Kenny are still people most Liverpool fans would like to see still managing their club, players like Carroll, Downing, Henderson bought for tons of money... The last generation of Rafa signed players being the foreign versions of those players... It's amazing. None of us would be able to destroy a club like that if we tried.

Liverpool are so lucky they have their history, that's the only thing that keeps them in the top half of the table. There are so few clubs that can fudge up that much and not find themselves in the third division.

they have actually had the audacity to contact zenit about fan racism

pots and kettles come to mind

Is there another top English club with fewer black players in their history?

At the London clubs its become common/usual to see teams with a majority of black players, to the extent I doubt we'd even notice if a team had no white players. The lower clubs also tend to recruit widely. But I noticed a few years ago that black players were rare at United and Liverpool, although United have a few more now. City and Everton also seem to have more black players.

Is there another top English club with fewer black players in their history?

At the London clubs its become common/usual to see teams with a majority of black players, to the extent I doubt we'd even notice if a team had no white players. The lower clubs also tend to recruit widely. But I noticed a few years ago that black players were rare at United and Liverpool, although United have a few more now. City and Everton also seem to have more black players.

At one time, I think Everton were the only top English club without a black player.

Back