• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

AVB has a clear plan and strategy and he gives off a confidence of knowing what he is doing and having learnt from his mistakes. Rodgers looks like a rabbit in the headlights already, he might yet turn it around but he has a hell of a job on his hands.

Yeah, he 'looks' like he's way out of his depth. However, I still remember the media uproar when Hughton was sacked and Pardew brought in. That didn't work out too badly. Looked a bad appointment (and personally I still think Chris Hughton looks more composed and tactically aware than Pardew - it's the clipboard, I suppose), turned out to be a good one.

Yeah, he 'looks' like he's way out of his depth. However, I still remember the media uproar when Hughton was sacked and Pardew brought in. That didn't work out too badly. Looked a bad appointment (and personally I still think Chris Hughton looks more composed and tactically aware than Pardew - it's the clipboard, I suppose), turned out to be a good one.

Again though Pardew handled the situation really well and gave off a confidence of knowing what he was doing, he has really immersed himself in the club and done a terrific job, he was very humble when he first took the job too and gave credit where it was due to Chris Hughton (win over Liverpool) without letting it impact on his authority over the dressing room. We hated him at first, nothing personal but we loved Chris Hughton and thought he was unfairly dismissed. Pardew is a better manager than Hughton and we play a much better brand of football, Pardew is lot better tactically than is given credit.

Early days indeed, but it doesn't look too good for him. They certainly need to sign another striker, if they're going to play tippy tappy and not play Carroll I just can't see Borini and Suarez scoring enough goals, Suarez misses a lot of chances, as he did against West Brom.

I can't see Liverpool finishing any higher than 8th.

Its fantastic!

So far I cant believe how Rodgers has been. Last season I was a big fan of his an advocate of us taking him on if Redknapp went. Since being at Liverpool Ive liked him and his approach less and less to the point where Im thinking "WTF?" about my last held view of him

I knew you'd see the light one day :-"

i agree Rodgers seems to have become a completely different person, the reality distortion field around that place is unbelievable

Liverpool need more involvement of their senior management team, someone who can give a little advice on the PR front. Rodgers is being left alone, the same way Dalglish was over the Suarez affair, and he's not handling it well. I think a good man was left out to dry over Suarez and Liverpool could make the same mistake with Rodgers. Its a big jump from Swansea to Liverpool and handling the press is a totally different matter. Handling the football side of things is a big enough job.

Actually - I'm really curious how it turns out for him and whether he's allowed time (and resources) to implement his ideas

Ive always well understood the foundation he inherited at at Swansea, and still maintain he took it on a level.

At Liverpool he doesnt inherit that good work and so needs to take it on from scratch

Their form was always going to be up and down in this period (similarly to my expectations of us with AVB)

What has shocked me is his demeanor, his comments, the fact he is coming over as a total cnut.

Also, Im a little surprised Liverpool havent backed him more in the market. I didnt expect them to throw £100m+ at him like Dalglish, but for example would have expected them to support his pursuit of Sigurdsson.

Sky Sports @SkySports

Fulham have made an official complaint to the Premier League about Liverpool's pursuit of Clint Dempsey

I thought we didnt report them, rather threatened too. Blackmail, in other words :lol:

Liverpool FC have acknowledged that the way its website reported comments of its manager, which were widely covered by the media, was inappropriate.

In light of that acknowledgement (they) have apologised and agreed to make a donation to our Club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

Tottenham Hotspur has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.

:)

Back