• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

With Rodgers in, I fear they just got a whole lot better. The players they have now are more suited to his style of play as it is. If they manage to bring in a couple new players suited to Rodgers style in midfield I think they'll be extremely tough to beat. Of course the whole of pool could turn against him at the first bad result and not give him a chance...

but here's how I seem them finishing up the season:

doesn't exactly look like a team challenging for 4th, but Rodgers team for Swans didn't exactly look like a team challenging for top 10 either.

Im not sure they are suited to his style at all.

I can see Johnson, Suarez, J Cole and maybe Carroll doing well. Possibly Aquilani, other than that? None strike me as "Rodgers" players.

For me, the man who's stock has risen even higher is Roberto Martinez. What integrity and class! He won't just go for the name, it's got to be right. I applaud that man and would love to see him with us one day...

Table adjusted for wrong decisions. Bad luck you just have to live with.

Code:
Team	P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	PTS
Man Utd	38	31	2	5	92	33	59	95
Emirates Marketing Project	38	28	6	4	100	29	71	90
Tottenham	38	22	8	8	68	41	27	74
Arsenal	38	21	10	7	80	45	35	73
Chelsea	38	21	7	10	71	46	25	70
Liverpool	38	18	9	11	60	39	21	63
Everton	38	16	10	12	54	41	13	58
Saudi Sportswashing Machine	38	16	7	15	55	57	-2	55
Norwich	38	13	12	13	55	67	-12	51
Fulham	38	12	13	13	49	53	-4	49
Sunderland	38	13	9	16	48	48	0	48
Swansea	38	11	13	14	46	54	-8	46
West Brom	38	11	10	17	52	55	-3	43
Wigan	38	10	11	17	42	63	-21	41
Blackburn	38	9	11	18	52	78	-26	38
Aston Villa	38	8	12	18	39	59	-20	36
Bolton	38	10	6	22	44	79	-35	36
Stoke	38	6	12	20	33	63	-30	30
QPR	38	7	8	23	40	68	-28	29
Wolves	38	5	9	24	40	88	-48	24

www.debatabledecisions.com/tables

and they moan about technology in the game? the errors have changed the landscape of the league

For me, the man who's stock has risen even higher is Roberto Martinez. What integrity and class! He won't just go for the name, it's got to be right. I applaud that man and would love to see him with us one day...

I would love him as the next Manager. The guy oozes class. He is for big things and he will def be for us.

If Harry leaves he is definitely top of the list (ofcourse the likes of mourinho are not available)

Some nobody on twitter: It has only been 27minutes but Brendan Rodgers has already won as much with Liverpool as Moyes has with Everton....

He won the Carling Cup has he?

If Martinez turned the job down then I think it's admirable but it's going to be another long slog of a season to keep Wigan up, that opportunity might never come around again.

He won the Carling Cup has he?

If Martinez turned the job down then I think it's admirable but it's going to be another long slog of a season to keep Wigan up, that opportunity might never come around again.

Ouch :ross:

Although, shows how much I actually care about Liverpool, unlike the majority who have managed to have this thread going for 88 pages!

Ouch :ross:

Although, shows how much I actually care about Liverpool, unlike the majority who have managed to have this thread going for 88 pages!

Liverpool HAVE managed to be hilariously entertaining for a while. Slightly worried that could change. :(

I think that he needs to manage a team that can play for more than a quarter of the season before we could consider him.

I think that he needs to manage a team that can play for more than a quarter of the season before we could consider him.

If Barca can appoint a their reserve team coach then I would not mind Martinez. he has limited resources sure but I like his football philosophy. He started it all Swansea, and personally I would not mind him if Harry left.

I'd question how clear an idea Martinez has of how he wants his teams to play or how good he is at conveying his ideas to his players. Maybe he will improve but I think that we are better off sitting and watching, rather than jumping now. I would rather that he learnt at someone else's expense.

I'd question how clear an idea Martinez has of how he wants his teams to play or how good he is at conveying his ideas to his players. Maybe he will improve but I think that we are better off sitting and watching, rather than jumping now. I would rather that he learnt at someone else's expense.

That seems a bit misplaced to me... one of the reasons that I like him is that he's installed this 3-4-3 system as a way of trying to play to his players' strengths... it took a while, but it seems as though he has a clear idea of his system and has been able to transfer that to his team.

Still, I too would like to wait one more year to see if he can carry this momentum forward. If Wigan start next season poorly again then perhaps you're right, and the end-of-season run was just coincidental.

Back