• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

RAFAEL VAN DER VAART and Zlatan Ibrahimovic reignited their bitter six-year feud last night.

And the Tottenham star means to get even with his AC Milan rival.

The duo, who will face each other in tonight’s Champions League clash in the San Siro, were once team-mates at Ajax.

But they fell out when Ibrahimovic injured his then pal with a bad tackle in a Holland v Sweden ‘friendly’ back in August 2004.

Van der Vaart admits he is looking for revenge and said: “First of all I want to win.

“Second, I want to play the ball between Zlatan’s legs.

“That would be a very nice bonus.”

But the Milan striker countered: “I don’t talk or think about the past. For me, only one thing is important — getting to the next round of the Champions League.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3411643/Rafael-van-der-Vaart-wants-to-splat-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.html

Bloody love VDV, top guy, top player, and he seems to have a great family too.

Nice to see someone that actually looks like they love playing for the club, and the fans.

VDV practices golf on Ibrahimovic's face

[video=dailymotion;xr42u3]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr42u3_van-der-vaart-vs-zlatan_sport[/video]

Something about a bad tackle in an international not making them friends.

Van Der Vaart - can we live without him?

Can't see that this topic has been discussed anywhere else. Rumours of him moving to the Bundesliga have been doing the rounds for a few weeks now with stories today suggesting that Hamburg have confirmed that they are interested in taking him back. I have no idea how much substance there is to all this of course but if we were minded to sell him, how would you feel? A player that seems to split opinion from what I can gather but I would be pretty gutted personally. He can drift in and out of games but has that touch of class in font of goal that I think we would really miss. He also seems to genuinely enjoy being here and appears to have picked up a rather happy knack of scoring against Arsenal (and celebrating appropriately).

Can't see that this topic has been discussed anywhere else. Rumours of him moving to the Bundesliga have been doing the rounds for a few weeks now with stories today suggesting that Hamburg have confirmed that they are interested in taking him back. I have no idea how much substance there is to all this of course but if we were minded to sell him, how would you feel? A player that seems to split opinion from what I can gather but I would be pretty gutted personally. He can drift in and out of games but has that touch of class in font of goal that I think we would really miss. He also seems to genuinely enjoy being here and appears to have picked up a rather happy knack of scoring against Arsenal (and celebrating appropriately).

Love him but I can see him not fitting into an AVB team and kicking up a lot of fuss.

Classy footballer,who seems to love the game. Will score you 10-15 goals a season. We will miss him a hell of a lot. As they say,you don't know what you got till it's gone.

Gets lots of goals and assists. Is the best finisher in the club. Of course we need to keep him!!

Best role for him in the AVB formation is as one of the 3 CMs. For the last game and a half in the Euros Holland played a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation with Van Rapist out side, Huntelaar up top and Rafa as one of the 3 CMs. This works well for him as long as the have the right two CMs alongside him

The guy's record speak for itself. You dont get 99 caps for Holland being brick!

Another thing is I recall him stating how much he loved working under Harry because he no longer had to listen to long boring speeches about tactics - which appeared to be a veiled dig at Mourinho. AVB is every bit as tactically obsessed as Jose from what I have read, so it could all get rather ugly.

If you look outside the fact of winning at all costs, VDV is one of those players who when he gets on the ball you expect something to happen as he has such great technique. He is one of the players that make us so exciting to watch so surely if we are footballing purists we must keep him. In terms of winning trophies, we are outsiders at best, but in terms of entertaining, we can be easily in the top 2 or 3 in the league.

Getting rid of your best player (by some distance assuming Modric and King are out of here) is never a very good idea.

Getting rid of your best player (by some distance assuming Modric and King are out of here) is never a very good idea.

Where exactly is he going to play in AVB's favoured system? Not quick enough to play as a wing forward, not hard working enough to play in the midfield three.

Where exactly is he going to play in AVB's favoured system? Not quick enough to play as a wing forward, not hard working enough to play in the midfield three.

i think his work rate is criminally under looked, he tends to tire early but id wager he covers more ground than most in the first 60-75 minutes of a game easily

Back