• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

That number should be higher than 96% though.

If they can speed it up, get the automated offsides and some competent people using it, it would work better.
The same persons do it in European games, with no issues, interruptions or controversy, so it's not a personell issue, it's how it's implemented and governed.

Pretty sure before var they produced stats that said refs got a lot higher percentage of decisions right.

I'd love to know where these statistics are coming from and how they were measured.

Me too. If you look at a game the referee and assistants have to make loads of decisions. Every tackle is a potential foul. Every throw-in has a decision on who to take it. Every corner or free-kick into the penalty box has many decisions on pushing and shoving. If all these decisions get included then there will be a high percentage of correct decisions. If only "big" decisions get considered the percentage will fall rapidly depending on the cut-off for what gets counted.

In the end the absolute percentage is meaningless. What can be useful is comparing the same metric before and after VAR (and not using retrospective measurements).

Not true. Oliver was sent to the screen and decided it was nothing, which tbf was probably correct.

Surprised that Oliver didn’t change his mind after going to the screen but suppose the latest handball rules do allow more leniency for attackers; very annoying that it gave those bottlejob Goons the consolation of finishing their season with a win which slightly took the shine off my evening.

To me it should have been disallowed because the ball was under his control purely by virtue of his use of the arm. That said, I had a small acca that came in because of that goal….

Back