• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

This is clearly a populist move by Wolves. We hate the same that you do. It's not getting abolished. It needs to be improved.
Why not? The 'product' is being damaged so much. Clubs will feel the pinch as fans and revenue wanes. Why wouldnt clubs act to protect their future?

Why not? The 'product' is being damaged so much. Clubs will feel the pinch as fans and revenue wanes. Why wouldnt clubs act to protect their future?

VAR was introduced because the product was being damaged by incompetent/corrupt officiating.

This genie ain’t going back into the bottle.

VAR was introduced because the product was being damaged by incompetent/corrupt officiating.

This genie ain’t going back into the bottle.
I dont remember any groundswell of demand for it. It came about because of influence of far east betting rings (to allow easier corruption) and tv companies (to allow the introduction of in game ad breaks). Its always been about money

I dont remember any groundswell of demand for it. It came about because of influence of far east betting rings (to allow easier corruption) and tv companies (to allow the introduction of in game ad breaks). Its always been about money

That’s not my recollection.

MOTD was pretty much just replays of referee fudge ups every week.

That’s not my recollection.

MOTD was pretty much just replays of referee fudge ups every week.
And it still is.
Even with VAR decisions are still subjective.
There's been so many wrong calls even after multiple viewings, ie. Anthony Gordon 'no penalty' v Man Utd midweek.
Have seen loads of times the ref has been asked to look at the monitor and I can't believe how many times I've disagreed with the outcome.
Before VAR, officials got most decisions correct with the occasional 'glaringly obvious' mistake.
Stick with goal-line tech and bin the rest and move on.

And it still is.
There's been so many wrong calls even after multiple viewings, ie. Anthony Gordon 'no penalty' v Man Utd midweek.
Have seen loads of times the ref has been asked to look at the monitor and I can't believe how many times I've disagreed with the outcome.
Before VAR, officials got most decisions correct with the occasional 'glaringly obvious' mistake.

Before VAR, they were getting 1/5 wrong.

Do that in any other job and you are getting fired by the end of the day.

And it still is.

its been a joke from day one, still i am glad 5 years after coming in there is talk about putting it back in the bin.

Seriously the pgmol seems like the government/civil service/councils, most institutions in this country. An old boys club, mates that are terrible at their jobs but they cover each others backs.

Hire the best in class, from around the world. Richest league in the world. Get the best in. Or get rid.

Seriously the pgmol seems like the government/civil service/councils, most institutions in this country. An old boys club, mates that are terrible at their jobs but they cover each others backs.

Hire the best in class, from around the world. Richest league in the world. Get the best in. Or get rid.

VAR is revenge of the nerds. The kids that could never do sport, but love smothering anything fun in bureaucracy (which they can do).

I. Anyone know how to add a poll?
If we had the vote: a. Scrap VAR, b. Retain VAR, c. pause VAR and reconsult on focus and parameters, then revote in 1/2 years

I'd go with C.
The technology has improved accuracy. But removed the "sport".
I'd be open to a streamlined version that is ref focused - the VAR is used if the ref requests it because he made a call but was unsure.
Perhaps add off the ball incidents?
Offside - I'm on the fence.

If the choice was a Vs b, I'd go with a. And I'm very very very pro VAR as a concept.

I. Anyone know how to add a poll?
If we had the vote: a. Scrap VAR, b. Retain VAR, c. pause VAR and reconsult on focus and parameters, then revote in 1/2 years

I'd go with C.
The technology has improved accuracy. But removed the "sport".
I'd be open to a streamlined version that is ref focused - the VAR is used if the ref requests it because he made a call but was unsure.
Perhaps add off the ball incidents?
Offside - I'm on the fence.

If the choice was a Vs b, I'd go with a. And I'm very very very pro VAR as a concept.
Probably b. Definitely b with a commitment to review, consult and implement change within 2 years (or 1 year if feasible).

Back