• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

If you think he touched the ball and the follow through warranted a penalty then fair enough.

But I didn't think the follow thru was particularly reckless.

Attacker was through with the ball at his feet and got tripped, at that point the earlier ball contact from the defender is irrelevant imo.

Attacker was through with the ball at his feet and got tripped, at that point the earlier ball contact from the defender is irrelevant imo.
The 'earlier' ball contact and the follow thru are part of the same action.

I know the rules have changed about following thru even if you get the ball but I thought it had to be aggressive. Loads of 'tackles' end up with the man being tackled falling over.

Wasn’t a penalty fore but it was the right use of VAR

VAR isn’t going to correct a refs opinion but is should help him inform himself

That was quick and didn’t break up play

Would have been interesting though if play had gone on for longer

Completely disagree

It’s like a keeper making a save and then making contact with a player after

The contact after shouldn’t be a penalty unless the subsequent “knock” was agreesive or maliscious

Completely disagree

The contact after shouldn’t be a penalty unless the subsequent “knock” was agreesive or maliscious

If the tackle/save doesn’t dispossess the attacker that should be a distinction.

Completely disagree

Spot on, i think some are defending VAR because they have made such a song and dance about how it is good for the game.

Not trip him up, the attacker was through in the box with the ball at his feet, he then got tripped from behind, how can that not be a penalty?

But the defender got the vall first not the attacker
At no point did griezmann have control of the ball IMO

It is without a doubt ( and i have said that one here many times) there can be no doubt about goal like tech, the rest though is always going to be subjective and can not be a definate like GLT.

And use it for offside because you can prove that quickly

Back