• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

(Unofficial) Match Thread - Emirates Marketing Project v Barca

Harsh to blame Demichelis, most other defenders would have done that in his position. But I suppose that's what you get when you buy budget when the rest of your team is box office.

Vincent Kompany was phenomenal. Again. At 1-0 I thought maybe we could have got something in Barcelona but 2-0 is too much, even with Aguero.

Harsh to blame Demichelis, most other defenders would have done that in his position. But I suppose that's what you get when you buy budget when the rest of your team is box office.

Vincent Kompany was phenomenal. Again. At 1-0 I thought maybe we could have got something in Barcelona but 2-0 is too much, even with Aguero.

Not harsh to blame Demechelis.....he is to you what Kolo is to pool a liability!

even though I will say it looked a foul on Navas leading up to it!!

Kompany was phenemonal...is Nastasic injured??? I dont understand Pellegrini's persistance in Demechelis...I know they have plenty of history but its the small mistakes that can cost you.

Debatable wether it's a penalty actually. Looked like the foul was outside the box. Payback for the Rose incident I guess!

yep hard to feel sorry for them after all the favourable things that have gone their way in the prem.

-pool non offside
-castle disallowed goal
-our disallowed goal
-rose sending off

Nastasic has been terrible this season. He is going to be torn apart at the Nou Camp.

if you get Mangala & get another decent cm you will have an awsome squad imo....

Demechelis is little better than Lugano at west brom...he also looks like a disaster waiting to happen at times...

In terms of the nou camp you are going to have to chase the game so I expect all your players could be torn new ones if you are not careful...saying that with football you never know!!! if you got an early goal the tie becomes alive again.

Not suprised in the slightest about Demechelis...let you down in two big games recently...just please dont play him when/if you play the goons in the league/cup!!!

Google lied to me :(

I had to google that! 60,000 for music concerts apparently, which makes sense.

Hopefully City can't overcome this though I think they still have the ability to take it to extra time at the Nou Camp. Munich showed them that they aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago.

Pellegrini has come across as a total knob, even if it wasnt a pen, he wouldve been sent off anyhow lastman, etc...

Big sour grapes in his interview considering the game changing decisions they have had go in their favour in recent months...

Barcelona are set to appeal against Martín Demichelis' red card, as they hope to have him back for the 2nd leg.

Pellegrini has come across as a total knob, even if it wasnt a pen, he wouldve been sent off anyhow lastman, etc...

Big sour grapes in his interview considering the game changing decisions they have had go in their favour in recent months...

I think that I am right in saying that the rules don't say anything about the last man. I believe that it is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity which is a red card offence.[/pedant]

I think that the ref called the red card right, I would need to watch it again to be sure whether it was a penalty or not though because I wasn't paying enough attention to see whether the first contact was outside the box.

With regards to sour grapes, isn't that standard practice now? Kick up a fuss about one or two incidents in a game to detract from your teams shortcomings and the things that you got wrong. Wenger and Mourinho are masters at it.

Pretty sure the alleged foul on Navas was not a foul.

Quite clearly wasn't. Pretty sure Barcelona could pin point decisions that were incorrect against them. Pique's goal was called for offside against Fabregas, but replays showed he was on.

If anybody can say when watching the game that at full speed the were completely sure that the foul for the penalty was outside the box, then they need to stop wasting their time complaining to the television, and take a refereeing course. It wasn't until the 4th replay that you could see it was outside the box, and even then it was a matter of inches outside.

No chance in the second leg for City. Two away goals is too much to overcome

I thought Emirates Marketing Project were tactically spot on for about half hour. It all then seemed to go to pot. But the concentration levels needed to keep it up for 90 minutes must be ridiculously hard. Barcelona were magnificent. No where near as good as previous years in my view, but just shows how good they CAN be. I think a lot of people had written them off winning the Champions League this year, considering how many people thought City might win this game and Bayern and Madrid I believe are current favourites, but I think they have as strong case as any to win it this year.

'Ref wasn't impartial'

:ross:

I love how when a game goes well the manager laps it all up but when they lose it's someone else that's to blame.

Funny, isn't it. Here's Pellegrini on Rose's red card a few weeks back:

"I don’t think the red card was a big decision because we missed at least five chances to score before that. It was a clear penalty and a clear red card. The red card did not change the game."

The hypocracy...I would love to see some proper journalism on this issue. In an ideal world the media would be able to see through this spin, and provide proper analysis on what really happened, how the teams really played and how key decisions really impacted on the result.

regarding the penalty, is it not the case that even if the foul starts outside the box but finishes inside its still a peno?

Funny, isn't it. Here's Pellegrini on Rose's red card a few weeks back:

"I don’t think the red card was a big decision because we missed at least five chances to score before that. It was a clear penalty and a clear red card. The red card did not change the game."

The hypocracy...I would love to see some proper journalism on this issue. In an ideal world the media would be able to see through this spin, and provide proper analysis on what really happened, how the teams really played and how key decisions really impacted on the result.

It's the same sh1te from the media on pretty much every occasion a premier league team loses in the champions league, it's not ever the players' or the manager's fault, nope it's always the incompetent ref's fault. It's ridiculous and embarrassing, especially considering the ref had a decent game last night.

Back