• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ugo Ehiogu

He's an Adrian Durham equivalent, being provocative to incite comment and attention to earn money.
There are times when it feels that simply ignoring such a swine simply isn't enough and something actively needs to be done, but I'm not sure what.

I'm surprised today's game goes ahead- some of our guys will literally have seen a colleague drop dead less than 48 hours ago.

Yeah, it is quite strange. I anticipated the game would be posponed, but I guess not. It will be a strange sort of atmosphere about this match. Hopefully, we can create a sort of "win it for Ugo" atmosphere out of it, as many have already pointed out, and make the "best" out of a tragic incident, if that is at all possible.

He's an Adrian Durham equivalent, being provocative to incite comment and attention to earn money.
There are times when it feels that simply ignoring such a swine simply isn't enough and something actively needs to be done, but I'm not sure what.

Hack HAck HACk HACK!!!!

Was awed to read in today's i that Ugo had been coaching our U23s for free. That is some rare dedication.

I read in one of the obits that he was invited by McDeemott to do some coaching a few years ago as part of a course Ugo was taking and McDermott was lecturing. That was free but the club were impressed with him so offered him a permanent role. I would assume it then became paid.

Was awed to read in today's i that Ugo had been coaching our U23s for free. That is some rare dedication.

I'm not sure where you read that but i think it's wrong. He was working for free when he first joined us coaching the youngest whilst he was working towards his badges but I'm sure that he was a salaried employee when he started coaching the U21s.

I'm not sure where you read that but i think it's wrong. He was working for free when he first joined us coaching the youngest whilst he was working towards his badges but I'm sure that he was a salaried employee when he started coaching the U21s.

That would make more sense, I imagine it might even be against some sort of employment law to have someone in a role like that and not be paid. I know Brighton and Hove Albion had some work apprentices that they were not even giving travel expenses they got in trouble.

Once again my thoughts with the guys family and friends, death is bad all the time but when it is sudden death it just seems worse to me.

From today's edition of the 'i' newspaper:
'Ehiogu coached Spurs for free - but he could have been a manager'

by Jack Pitt-Brooke

Ugo Ehiogu's coaching career started in earnest in 2011 and his tutors at the time, when he began studying for his Uefa B Licence, have described his "thirst for knowledge", "stature" and "presence".

Two of the tutors at the course held at Chelsea's training ground in Surrey were Chris Ramsey and John McDermott, both of whom worked at the Tottenham Academy. They were immediately struck by Ehiogu's intellect.

"He was very studious and had a thirst for knowledge," Ramsey says. "He was caring, but with a hand of steel as well. He was just everything you would want. And an unbelievable person, a very, very good person. Empathetic, someone you could have a laugh with, or discuss very intricate subjects with as well."

Ramsey and MacDonald quickly offered Ehiogu the chance to come and work at Spurs, first working with the youngest age-groups. Ehiogu agreed to do it for free. "He came in voluntarily to start with, and that's the mark of him" Ramsey says. "He came to learn." But Ehiogu impressed with his softly-spoken authority, his leadership, his understanding of the boys and the challenges of academy football. In summer 2014 he was promoted to take the Under-21 side, which became the Under-23s last year.

Ehiogu led that side very well, coaching players like Josh Onomah and Harry Winks who have gone into the Spurs first team. But he always knew that he wanted to be a manager. And there can be little doubt what an excellent manager he would have been. "He had that skill set," Ramsey says. "He had that presence, people looked up to him, to his stature, his physical stature and his mental stature."

The story of Ehiogu's coaching career is only a small part of his post-retirement life. He was a keen supporter of Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card. And there was always more to Ehiogu than football. Before he went full-time at Spurs he hosted The Midweek Sports Show on Colourful Radio. Ehiogu played his favourite old school British soul and R'n'B records, and he did it for free. Samantha Johnson hosted the show with him along with Dan Freedman. "He had time for everybody," Johnson says. "He just put you at ease. No airs, no graces, no bulls**t." THE INDEPENDENT

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/i-newspaper/20170422/283064119229710
So yes you're right, it was when he first joined. Not quite what the headline seems to imply perhaps but the implication nevertheless is that here was a man who showed commitment and dedication above and beyond the norm.

A fine man for Tottenham to have been associated with, and one of whom the club can be justly proud.

May he rest in peace.

We'll never know what the full impact of Ugo's sudden and sad passing had on team for the FA Cup Semi, but it was bound to have some.

From today's edition of the 'i' newspaper:
'Ehiogu coached Spurs for free - but he could have been a manager'

by Jack Pitt-Brooke

Ugo Ehiogu's coaching career started in earnest in 2011 and his tutors at the time, when he began studying for his Uefa B Licence, have described his "thirst for knowledge", "stature" and "presence".

Two of the tutors at the course held at Chelsea's training ground in Surrey were Chris Ramsey and John McDermott, both of whom worked at the Tottenham Academy. They were immediately struck by Ehiogu's intellect.

"He was very studious and had a thirst for knowledge," Ramsey says. "He was caring, but with a hand of steel as well. He was just everything you would want. And an unbelievable person, a very, very good person. Empathetic, someone you could have a laugh with, or discuss very intricate subjects with as well."

Ramsey and MacDonald quickly offered Ehiogu the chance to come and work at Spurs, first working with the youngest age-groups. Ehiogu agreed to do it for free. "He came in voluntarily to start with, and that's the mark of him" Ramsey says. "He came to learn." But Ehiogu impressed with his softly-spoken authority, his leadership, his understanding of the boys and the challenges of academy football. In summer 2014 he was promoted to take the Under-21 side, which became the Under-23s last year.

Ehiogu led that side very well, coaching players like Josh Onomah and Harry Winks who have gone into the Spurs first team. But he always knew that he wanted to be a manager. And there can be little doubt what an excellent manager he would have been. "He had that skill set," Ramsey says. "He had that presence, people looked up to him, to his stature, his physical stature and his mental stature."

The story of Ehiogu's coaching career is only a small part of his post-retirement life. He was a keen supporter of Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card. And there was always more to Ehiogu than football. Before he went full-time at Spurs he hosted The Midweek Sports Show on Colourful Radio. Ehiogu played his favourite old school British soul and R'n'B records, and he did it for free. Samantha Johnson hosted the show with him along with Dan Freedman. "He had time for everybody," Johnson says. "He just put you at ease. No airs, no graces, no bulls**t." THE INDEPENDENT

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/i-newspaper/20170422/283064119229710
So yes you're right, it was when he first joined. Not quite what the headline seems to imply perhaps but the implication nevertheless is that here was a man who showed commitment and dedication above and beyond the norm.

A fine man for Tottenham to have been associated with, and one of whom the club can be justly proud.

May he rest in peace.

Yeah, it is not very clear from how it is written but I think that they just mean that when he first started coaching at the club

A tribute from a friend who knew him. Mind that this friend is an Arsenal fan.

My bro, it is a real shock. I first met Ugo when he played for Villa at a nightclub and we have kept in contact ever since. I live in Southgate which is next door to Tottenham and have many friends in Tottenham. Two of them have their children in the Spurs Academy and they have so much respect and love for Ugo.

He is well loved and respected for his coaching work. He was a much sought after coach and was known for his innovative approaches. He also was grassroots, working tirelessly for the kids to get free spaces to play football. He campaigned against these playing businesses that charge parents money for their kids to play football. I remember I used to pay £5 for each of my 3 boys to play for 1 hour in 5-a-side games at a sports centre in Whitehart lane. Today, it is free, thanks to him. His efforts preserved spaces and centres for kids to play for free.

He is also well loved and respected in the community especially amongst the Nigerians. Ugo na my man. His death has left me sad as I try to make sense of how a man so fit can go the way he did.

So what is the best way to start some official momentum in terms of having a stand named after the great man? Can't see a more fitting tribute to have as clearly he will have had a lasting effect on what we as a club are all about these days.

If not going as far as a stand in the new stadium then there should be something in mind, feel like his presence should be there in some manner or form other than what he gave to the club/players

So what is the best way to start some official momentum in terms of having a stand named after the great man? Can't see a more fitting tribute to have as clearly he will have had a lasting effect on what we as a club are all about these days.

If not going as far as a stand in the new stadium then there should be something in mind, feel like his presence should be there in some manner or form other than what he gave to the club/players

i think something at the Training ground would be more appropriate. it's were he had the most impact on our young players

Back