• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Were they not title chasing seasons? Why the ahem and air quotes?

It was more a sarcastic nod to Sky and the rest of the media narrative. The seasons that Leicester and Chelsea won the titles, they pretty much ran away with it. There was never really a challenger or a swapping of 1st/2nd places IIRC. But Sky needed a narrative to make it feel like there was a title race, so we fell into that on the basis of next best thing in second.

We didn't go into either of those seasons expecting to win the title, yet we got labelled as bottlers or failures for not winning it!! Still not sure how you can fail a title you were never really in for in first place.

Dembele at his peak was an absolute beast, just glided around, impossible to get the ball off and gave us such a solid base to work from. Everyone I know who supports other clubs raved about him. Shame about his injuries, if not for those given he's 31 he'd still be pretty much at his peak.

Met an old friend yesterday who works for a national paper and he told me Spurs are confident of signing a top player in this window, he did not know who but said it was a reliable source. I said much as I liked him and I'd love it to be true I've heard it all before he said I'd owe in a lunch if it was true.

Met an old friend yesterday who works for a national paper and he told me Spurs are confident of signing a top player in this window, he did not know who but said it was a reliable source. I said much as I liked him and I'd love it to be true I've heard it all before he said I'd owe in a lunch if it was true.

Your friend is called Ben? Which tree did you meet him at? Or was it Levy taking a call at burger king at an airport?

Dembele at his peak was an absolute beast, just glided around, impossible to get the ball off and gave us such a solid base to work from. Everyone I know who supports other clubs raved about him. Shame about his injuries, if not for those given he's 31 he'd still be pretty much at his peak.
Around this time last year he was still running the midfields of Utd, Arse, Chelsea, Juve, Pool..

But yes, this season has been a real shame, looks like the engine on the old Rolls Royce is starting to give in.

Sunderland striker Josh Maja does U-turn and rejects contract offer
By Keith Downie and Lyall Thomas
Last Updated: 04/01/19 3:29pm

Sunderland striker Josh Maja has told Sunderland he will not be signing their contract offer - despite the club offering him seven times his current wage to stay.

Maja, the League One club's leading scorer with 15 goals, had been given until Friday to respond to the club's offer.

Sky sources understand Maja told the club of his decision at a meeting on Friday lunchtime, despite telling boss Jack Ross on Thursday that he wanted to stay.

The decision came as a surprise to Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald who revealed on Twitter he only found out about Maja's change of heart following a phone call from a Sky Sports News reporter.

He tweeted: "Josh Maja update. Yesterday Josh asked to see Jack to say he will sign. Today I got a call from Sky TV saying he won't sign.

"Josh advised his agent has said don't sign but no courtesy to tell the club - Also we offered what the agent indicated!!! Busy January ahead."

Sky sources understand Huddersfield, Crystal Palace and Cardiff are all interested in signing Maja whose current contract expires in the summer.

Tapped up?

Speaking to afcbTV, he said: “I think the club is going somewhere. Over the past few years, they have been really good in the Premier League and had some good positional finishes as well. I think it’s a good club to be at, especially for someone of my age.

I spoke with the manager this morning [Friday]. He is a really nice guy. From playing and watching the Premier League, I know the sort of manager he is. I was excited to meet him and am really looking forward to working with him and seeing what he’s about.

“My main target is to score goals and, being a striker, hopefully I can get a few for the team and help the team get wins. Playing in the Premier League, every game is tough and together we can try to do as well as we can.”

Deal was done before even speaking to Howe? Have they a DoF set up or something?

You wouldnt have said that a couple of years ago, £19m would represent more than we payed for most of our best players!

No appearances for Chelsea.

5 starts and 16 sub appearances for Liverpool, 1 goal (premier league).

But in todays market? Damn near £20m is the going rate for youth players....

Clear-out is overdue, and i think this years injury issues and contract issues have exacerbated it.
I dont want to see them go but really Vorm, Aurier, Toby, Dembele, Wanyama, GKN, Llorente, Jansen days are numbered. Which would leave wages and squad places available

Hopefully Poch can shift Vorm, Dembele, GKN, Llorente, Jansen now and get a CM, and a older english GK
Then Toby, Wanyama, Aurier in the summer and get a Left Footed CB, another CM and a Son type

Clear-out is overdue, and i think this years injury issues and contract issues have exacerbated it.
I dont want to see them go but really Vorm, Aurier, Toby, Dembele, Wanyama, GKN, Llorente, Jansen days are numbered. Which would leave wages and squad places available

Hopefully Poch can shift Vorm, Dembele, GKN, Llorente, Jansen now and get a CM, and a older english GK
Then Toby, Wanyama, Aurier in the summer and get a Left Footed CB, another CM and a Son type

I think Aurier is worth keeping, finally showing some good form and he offers us decent pace.

Back