• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window now shut - what do we make of our squad now?

I can answer that Kevin Prince Boateng 10 million pounds(sold to schalke) instead of lamela(27), get coentrao and ozil in the bale transfer and only get around 35-40 mil for bale. Ozil would be here so there is no need for other AM, just one for backup, sell the others to get some money in. The money would be more or less the same but the team would look like this :
-----------------Lloris (Captain)---------------
Walker-----Chiri-------Verts--------COENTRAO
--------------Paulinho----Capoue-----------
--------------------------------------------
K Prince Boateng----OZIL-----------Eriksen
-----------------Soldado-----------------

There's no way Ozil would come to us:

A) we're not in the CL
B) we couldn't afford his wages

Scum reportedly paying him £200k a week including appearances and bonuses according to some outlets, Wenger had to blow their wage structure wide open!

Coentrao apparently didn't fancy coming here either so think again. It became clear very early on that getting any decent players as part of the Bale deal was a no-go hence people questioning our relationship with R Madrid

So I think you need to rethink your alternative plan. PS Boateng isn't remotely a similar player to Lamela and isn't in Lamela's class as someone that watches a lot of Serie A

I don't think Ozil would have come to us, aren't they paying him nearly 300k a week?
He is on 7 mil pounds per year at the scum, considering ade has 5 million we could have easily done that for Ozil really. Not to mention the opportunity to sign higuain in the deal as well makes me sick i tell you just sick

Ok maybe not KPB but Ozil and Coentrao where there to get in the bale deal and we missed them both shocking decision really, knowing what problems we have on the LB and the creation wizz Ozil is, we clearly lost a good opportunity there...

But based on what we read in the papers (so maybe completely inaccurate) we tried our best to sign Coentrao but he didn't want to move to Spurs (as one of the best left-backs in the world, he could have his pick of CL sides and ultimately decided to stick with Madrid).

Ozil, in my view, was never on the cards. Again, why would one of the best players in the world come to a club in the Europa league that wouldn't be able to match the wages offered by Utd and Ar-se (both of whom tried to sign him)?

I'm extremely disappointed about Coentrao as he's a player I *really* rate, but I have confidence that Levy and Baldini did everything they could to improve the squad this summer. If they didn't get Coentrao it wasn't for the want of trying.

Agree with ManU, Moyes is looking more like a disaster every day (never got how he has had such a free ride into the role, lots of people didn't think he was good enough for Spurs, but ok for ManU?)

Everton? what did I miss?

McMahon gave high rating to Everton for getting Lukaku on-loan from Chelsea.

But based on what we read in the papers (so maybe completely inaccurate) we tried our best to sign Coentrao but he didn't want to move to Spurs (as one of the best left-backs in the world, he could have his pick of CL sides and ultimately decided to stick with Madrid).

Ozil, in my view, was never on the cards. Again, why would one of the best players in the world come to a club in the Europa league that wouldn't be able to match the wages offered by Utd and Ar-se (both of whom tried to sign him)?

I'm extremely disappointed about Coentrao as he's a player I *really* rate, but I have confidence that Levy and Baldini did everything they could to improve the squad this summer. If they didn't get Coentrao it wasn't for the want of trying.
Guess you are right I haven't been following up the Coentrao thing to closely, it is amazing what 1 point the championship can do for you, i am sure if we were in the CL a lot of players would be thinking differently when asked if they would join Spurs...

Fox Sports pundit Steve McMahon reckons we made the best set of transfers this time. He also thinks Soldado is the best signing of this transfer window among the PL clubs. I guess only time will tell if he is right or not.

He's a bit thick though (McManaman that is). Has to be Ozil, no?

Last edited:
He's a bit thick though (McManaman that is). Has to be Ozil, no?

Ozil is very expensive (both buy and wages), and fits a position not needed at the Scum.

Soldado is/was exactly what we needed at almost half the price.

I think Ozil is a Spurs type buy (upgrade on an already covered position due to the opportunity), but the Scum need depth, a keeper, and a midfield general. Striking cover wouldn't have hurt them either.

Hard to say who came out of it best until later in season.

Ozil is very expensive (both buy and wages), and fits a position not needed at the Scum.

Soldado is/was exactly what we needed at almost half the price.

I think Ozil is a Spurs type buy (upgrade on an already covered position due to the opportunity), but the Scum need depth, a keeper, and a midfield general. Striking cover wouldn't have hurt them either.

Hard to say who came out of it best until later in season.

You are right. Too early to say who will have the most impact on their respective teams, but sometimes you need to take these opportunities when they come. Lloris is a good example in our case as Ozil is for the goons. Too good to pass up at the time and thankfully we didn't for Lloris. Although Arsenal had no pressing need for another AM he is a massive upgrade on anything they have, and so his impact will unfortunately be very significant IMO.

I'd always liked Soldado. I think he is a fantastic player who fits AVB's Falcao template of a what a striker should do but at the moment he is being starved of service. But that is a different discussion ;)

I agree with you.

I'm just guessing here, but I think there's a decent chance both Coentrao and Ozil were waiting to see if bigger clubs came in for them. Hence the deadline day drama.

No one bigger than scum came in for Ozil so he went there, we wouldn't have stood a chance and we wouldn't have paid him nearly as much as is being reported. Coentrao in the end wasn't convinced to move to us, fair enough I suppose. Although I wish we had found another option at left back.

---------------------------------------------------

Overall we've done really well I think.

The concern is how long it will take these players to function well as a team. Based on last summer, the changes we had in players and management, the less of Modric and how well we coped with all of that my expectations are quite high that we will be functional very soon. Perhaps unrealistic expectations, but the transfer window does that to me.

Overall not strong enough.

Bale was unlikely to have played as well, but without him, we were poor.

We have had a zero net spend, so what could we expect. If you go into the seasin with only Danny Rose as a LB, you don´t really deserve to get anywhere.

Overall not strong enough.

Bale was unlikely to have played as well, but without him, we were poor.

We have had a zero net spend, so what could we expect. If you go into the seasin with only Danny Rose as a LB, you don´t really deserve to get anywhere.

Ah Colin....I knew youd improve my mood.

Ah Colin....I knew youd improve my mood.

:lol:

Cheer up, colin. I'm not fully satisfied with our actions over the past couple of months either, but I even in my blackest moods I don't think I'd angrily shout that young Danny Rose would be the single reason we fail to make top four.

Plus, we have Fryers, you know. And Verts and Naughton can both play on that side. Plus, we can recall BAE if we need him come January.

**** me, some of you make me feel like I should be committing suicide. Cheer up for gods sake!

Whatever is done is done, let's just sit back and enjoy the season now.

Not hard to see that alot of supporters has not been With the Club along time....

Remember when we only got players Liverpool didnt want anymore and we where happy signing Rosental

Not hard to see that alot of supporters has not been With the Club along time....

Remember when we only got players Liverpool didnt want anymore and we where happy signing Rosental

Gordon Bennett we have had some tripe over the years/tears.....

suddenly remembering arry saying we never had it so good.....maybe he had a point after all.

On a serious note people need to STOP......Collaborate & listen........we have never had a better team/squad......collection of mercs

Back