• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

That really is ridiculous, isnt it? Swansea are in the English football league pyramid, their academy players really should count as home grown.

Yes- I understand the Dier one but this one is hard to swallow. I am guessing it has never been addressed as the Welsh FA are worried it may effect their ability to have a national team (similar to team GB in Olympics). I looked into it a bit a while back and other than a handful of cases in Europe its only really Cardiff / Swansea it effects/

Yes- I understand the Dier one but this one is hard to swallow. I am guessing it has never been addressed as the Welsh FA are worried it may effect their ability to have a national team (similar to team GB in Olympics). I looked into it a bit a while back and other than a handful of cases in Europe its only really Cardiff / Swansea it effects/

Dier annoys me, he is an England internation - and English born and bred (unlike someone like Hargreaves) but I do accept his education was in Portugal and that is what the criteria works on. It frustrates me, but I get it.

Davies? It really does just seem wrong to me.

And Im not sure why there should be a worry about the national team, its completely unrelated isnt it?

Teams like Derry, Berwick, Monaco, Calcio, who play in leagues outside of their country, must cause similar quirks

Dier annoys me, he is an England internation - and English born and bred (unlike someone like Hargreaves) but I do accept his education was in Portugal and that is what the criteria works on. It frustrates me, but I get it.

Davies? It really does just seem wrong to me.

And Im not sure why there should be a worry about the national team, its completely unrelated isnt it?
Yes but they are really worried as they were with Team GB, they don't want Uefa to take a look at the home nations too closely.

Yes but they are really worried as they were with Team GB, they don't want Uefa to take a look at the home nations too closely.

Not arguing with you, Im sure you are right - it just doesnt make any sense to me.

What does the national side have to do with Swansea/Cardiff players being considered home grown to English domestic teams?

The precedent should be the league structure. Which is of course entirely seperate from any national considerations.

And as I think of national considerations - how many players have represented the like of Ireland without ever having set foot there before hand?!

He wouldn't count as homegrown -

EPL - Currently, to be classified as homegrown one must be on an English (league) team for at least three years before the age of twenty-one
CL - even Davies doesn't count as Swansea are considered Welsh.

How would he be homegrown?

I didn't realise that, thought British players counted as homegrown. The rule should be changed really.

I didn't realise that, thought British players counted as homegrown. The rule should be changed really.
The rule should be changed but not to allow Scottish players to be HG but to sort out the teams playing in the English league (the Davies issue). IMO From a football perspective Scotland is rightly a different country.

Not really. You can’t expand it to British but deffo for players whose youth formation is in the English league like the welsh lads

Crazy to think Fabregas was classed as home grown but Dier and Davies aren’t

Just wanted to confirm that Shaqiri has reverted to form - he is not trusted and I expect Liverpool will probably make a loss on him in the summer.

Which should come as a surprise to.... nobody.

Except those melts that like to talk up everything Liverpool does as brilliant while talking down our own prospects. After all the smoke they were blowing up Shaquiris ass they should probably be a little surprised ;)

Crazy to think Fabregas was classed as home grown but Dier and Davies aren’t

It was a bodge to get somewhere close to freedom of movement in the EU - it wont change after we have left the EU in CL so I don't expect British clubs to change the rules significantly, they may make all English players HG for the league but still have the same rules for Europeans (not sure if that's allowed under WTO rules).

They protect their asset value, he boosts his wages, win - win all round without actually meaning he is there for the long term.

Its a business decision IMO, but fair play to both of them.
Like us with our players it probably means that they will keep him for a couple more years as his worth to them is more than his suitors will pay, its going to be increasingly difficult to get players from other PL teams when they have a contract. Right now they will be looking for similar cost as the top prospects in Europe will demand.

Absolutely, as I said- its the business of fotoball, isnt it?

Now that Premier League teams are flooded with money it only makes sense to see moves like this.

Absolutely, as I said- its the business of fotoball, isnt it?

Now that Premier League teams are flooded with money it only makes sense to see moves like this.
Dude at work (west ham fan) thinks they will sell Rice to Emirates Marketing Project in the summer. To get him they would have to spend De Jong / Ndombele money, I cant see lesser teams better players moving on unless there are 2 yrs left of the contracts.

Dude at work (west ham fan) thinks they will sell Rice to Emirates Marketing Project in the summer. To get him they would have to spend De Jong / Ndombele money, I cant see lesser teams better players moving on unless there are 2 yrs left of the contracts.

I wouldnt put that past City either. Crazy, isnt it?

It was a bodge to get somewhere close to freedom of movement in the EU - it wont change after we have left the EU in CL so I don't expect British clubs to change the rules significantly, they may make all English players HG for the league but still have the same rules for Europeans (not sure if that's allowed under WTO rules).

The FA want to increase the number of HG players in return for the same visa process currently in place if we leave the EU

Back