• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Apparently we're about to sign a French midfielder I've never heard of. Morgan Sanson.

If it helps, he has been a very important servant to Marseille, versatile CM who is decent at most things but spectacular at nothing, good vision and a great mental attitude.
Played an information role in winning the French cup 2023 and is now joining championship West ham, at 29, on a free in summer 2024 because his wages are too high for a squad player.

That is, of course, my FM20.
Although alot of it seems like a prediction.

He's an actual DM. Other than Dier we don't have anyone who can actually shield and sit. You could argue all day about whether you need that player in your team but we can agree that Jose prefers to have one.

Our squad as it is

Lloris/Vorm
Aurier/Tanganga Alderweireld/Foyth Sanchez/Verts Davies/Sess
Winks/Ndombele Dier/Sissoko
Stevie /Lo Celso Alli/Lamela Son/Gedson
Kane/Moura

No preference there.

But DM we could do with more especially with Dier not having form and also being cover for a number of other positions.

A lot of squad there

He's an actual DM. Other than Dier we don't have anyone who can actually shield and sit. You could argue all day about whether you need that player in your team but we can agree that Jose prefers to have one.

Our squad as it is

Lloris/Vorm
Aurier/Tanganga Alderweireld/Foyth Sanchez/Verts Davies/Sess
Winks/Ndombele Dier/Sissoko
Stevie /Lo Celso Alli/Lamela Son/Gedson
Kane/Moura

No preference there.

But DM we could do with more especially with Dier not having form and also being cover for a number of other positions.

A lot of squad there
He is a DM, but is he any good?

City and pool dont play with a DM in his mould, but that’s not to say he wouldn’t look better with better players

Sure I read his defensive stats are on par with James Ward-Prowse... I don’t know if that’s true

A lot of squad there

Yes, I dont agree with some of your positions, but I think we have 7 players who could form the basis of a title-winning team: Lloris, Dier (CB), GLC, and then Son, Dele and Bergwijn behind Kane. We also have a large number of players who could be second string / squad players in that squad.

My only hesitancy about Hojbjerg is whether he's good enough to be in the starting 11. We dont need many more squad-type players, and first choice players are generally going to be expensive given the overall level of our team and if we're really aiming for the top. I cant say I know him well enough, so I'm not saying he's not good enough...just haven't seen him much or talked about that much (prior to our interest)

Yes, I dont agree with some of your positions, but I think we have 7 players who could form the basis of a title-winning team: Lloris, Dier (CB), GLC, and then Son, Dele and Bergwijn behind Kane. We also have a large number of players who could be second string / squad players in that squad.

My only hesitancy about Hojbjerg is whether he's good enough to be in the starting 11. We dont need many more squad-type players, and first choice players are generally going to be expensive given the overall level of our team and if we're really aiming for the top. I cant say I know him well enough, so I'm not saying he's not good enough...just haven't seen him much or talked about that much (prior to our interest)
TBF I wasn’t over enamoured with Wanyama when we signed him but he was so good when he could run
I do think though that the top sides have evolved a lot to not play “stoppers”. I’m not sure what his style is to be honest

TBF I wasn’t over enamoured with Wanyama when we signed him but he was so good when he could run
I do think though that the top sides have evolved a lot to not play “stoppers”. I’m not sure what his style is to be honest
As I said before... maybe we need a stopper until we work out whether the players in front of him are capable of stopping themselves, so then not to require the services of a stopper.

Back