• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Arsenal have been linked as they love a wide player or 10
They probably will give him a massive signing on fee!
The player has put himself in a strong position, either an inflated wage due to his lack of transfer fee or an opportunity at a bigger club due to the lower risk of his total cost.

They probably will give him a massive signing on fee!
The player has put himself in a strong position, either an inflated wage due to his lack of transfer fee or an opportunity at a bigger club due to the lower risk of his total cost.
I’d say it’s all about the opportunity from what little i know about him

From what little I’ve read or seen of him, this is his one chance to step into the big league club wise
The lad can play and works hard too. In the current climate he is IMO a win win signing
Turns out to be great - win
Doesn’t work out - sell him on for a profit and win again
He doesn’t lose either as he will be getting more money here and would also get a signing on fee. My disagreement with Finney is that he wouldn’t be getting a £12m signing on fee. Players don’t just get the fee the club would have got because their free. I’d guess that an unproven player would get maybe a years wages up front as a signing on and the opportunity for a pay increase subject to certain criteria, along with the pay jump they get to join
Players don't get the entire fee no. I was valuing (in normal pre-covid market) Fraser at a transfer value of about £18 million (maybe that is a bit high?). Whatever that transfer value is then it would be normal for him to get half to two thirds of that transfer value on top of his salary as a signing on bonus with it being paid over the length of his contract.

The whole covid thing though will make the market very strange. If you were a player coming to the end of a contract there could even be some sense in taking a gamble and signing a one year deal only in the hope that the World will have recovered in a year's time. Of course it is a big gamble with the potential of injury (or the covid situation rumbling on for longer and affecting club's finances even more).

At the moment it is almost impossible to predict what transfer fee and wage packages will look like in this next transfer window. I think there also might be an even bigger scramble than usual at the end of the window as clubs desperately try to shift players to stay afloat.

He would be pushing Lloris, the form he’s been in this season IMO...

With you on this 100%. The move makes sense as it sorts out the homegrown side of things a bit too.

Fraser on a free doesn't, I like him a lot but like with William, it just doesn't seem like we need that kind of player.

Hojberg is a definite yes from me, he can step it up a level but needs someone athletic like Sissoko beside him for it to really work out. For example, I wouldn't ever want to see N'dombele and Hojberg in a midfield pairing, would make Dier look like the duracel rabbit in comparison.

Third choice... ain’t that appealing for him is it
10k a week for bants with Alli and Dier and a couple of hours of Kane smashing balls past you, but never have to be under any matchday pressure and actually play. Semi retirement rocks! The only issue is as mentioned he might end up having to actually play.

he can stay where He is and play a couple more years
He is comfortably better than Gazanigga and has played better than Hugo for a couple of seasons

Yes, agreed, no reason why Foster would be 3rd choice. At worst he'd be second choice.

Considering we're going to have less cash available this summer, and other positions are much higher priority, Foster would be a sensible signing IMO

Back