• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Also on a free we could sell him after a season for a profit
Makes sense all round
It's not as easy as that unfortunately. His wages will reflect the fact that he is on a free. I would expect a minimum of £120k a week made up of £60k salary and £60k signing on (loyalty bonus) spread over a 4 year deal. Selling him after a season would result in us having to give him the unpaid £9m loyalty bonus and find a club willing to pay him commensurate wages.

It's not as easy as that unfortunately. His wages will reflect the fact that he is on a free. I would expect a minimum of £120k a week made up of £60k salary and £60k signing on (loyalty bonus) spread over a 4 year deal. Selling him after a season would result in us having to give him the unpaid £9m loyalty bonus and find a club willing to pay him commensurate wages.
I wouldn’t expect that at all
He would get a pay rise and have to prove himself here
Then he would get a decent rise again
It’s exactly what pool did with some brick players like Solanke

You wouldn't expect what? Him to earn a big salary due to being available on a free?
No I wouldn’t
He isn’t a proven player in the prime of his career
He is a guy who has had one great season playing for an average side
This ain’t an Aaron Ramsey level player here who has proven himself at multiple levels
This is a lad from Scotland playing for Bournemouth
I’d expect him to get paid well enough and a signing on fee but it really wouldn’t be that high IMO... but there would be caveats like with every signing that if certain things are met he would get more
I may be wrong of course but I can’t see how he can command big money currently

No I wouldn’t
He isn’t a proven player in the prime of his career
He is a guy who has had one great season playing for an average side
This ain’t an Aaron Ramsey level player here who has proven himself at multiple levels
This is a lad from Scotland playing for Bournemouth
I’d expect him to get paid well enough and a signing on fee but it really wouldn’t be that high IMO... but there would be caveats like with every signing that if certain things are met he would get more
I may be wrong of course but I can’t see how he can command big money currently
(Ignoring covid) he is a probably a player who would command a £15 to £18 million transfer fee and about £60k a week of wages. Over 4 years £120k a week is same as a £12 million transfer fee and £60k a week wages so still represents value (even more so considering most clubs want half the signing on fee paid up front and the rest spread over the next year or two). If he isn't a player worth a transfer fee of £15 to £18 million and £60k a week of wages then we shouldn't be going anywhere near him as he then clearly isn't good enough for Spurs.

(Ignoring covid) he is a probably a player who would command a £15 to £18 million transfer fee and about £60k a week of wages. Over 4 years £120k a week is same as a £12 million transfer fee and £60k a week wages so still represents value (even more so considering most clubs want half the signing on fee paid up front and the rest spread over the next year or two). If he isn't a player worth a transfer fee of £15 to £18 million and £60k a week of wages then we shouldn't be going anywhere near him as he then clearly isn't good enough for Spurs.

his fee is only what someone would be willing to pay of course and in reality the lower a contract length the less that fee becomes
He is rumoured to be on £1.5m a year so offering him double that and the chance to play at a higher level would IMO be a massive carrot
This is not a proven player by any measure don’t forget.
You can’t compare him to someone like say son who would be on that kind of money as his weekly wages using your logic would be £120k (due to the combo do the signing on and wages). Just don’t see it myself
He wants Tottenham as it’s a step up (same as a lot of sides would be) and that’s what he needs in his next step
Not more £££ as he would be getting paid plenty anyway

You wouldn't expect what? Him to earn a big salary due to being available on a free?

This is my concern.

We heard recently how hard it has been to move a player on because they want to stay in London or play for a club playing in Europe.

30 grand a week with heavy bonuses if he plays and gets assists otherwise we wont be able to shift him on.

Also a worry he had a good season then fell away,it is not like say Mahrez who followed it up.

This is my concern.

We heard recently how hard it has been to move a player on because they want to stay in London or play for a club playing in Europe.

30 grand a week with heavy bonuses if he plays and gets assists otherwise we wont be able to shift him on.

Also a worry he had a good season then fell away,it is not like say Mahrez who followed it up.

the players who are hard to shift are basically two extremes... and ozil who is massively over paid and the wrong age profile (also lazy)
Or the likes of Nkodou who was a gamble but actually turned out to be quite poor... hence why no one wanted him and IMO with those the wages aren’t the issue
Even a broken wanyama was wanted for a good fee, which he turned down to get his UK passport
Players who are half decent will be wanted
Players who aren’t won’t!!! Jansenn has one good season in Holland hence why no one wanted him when we wanted rid (still think he could have been given more chances here)

his fee is only what someone would be willing to pay of course and in reality the lower a contract length the less that fee becomes
He is rumoured to be on £1.5m a year so offering him double that and the chance to play at a higher level would IMO be a massive carrot
This is not a proven player by any measure don’t forget.
You can’t compare him to someone like say son who would be on that kind of money as his weekly wages using your logic would be £120k (due to the combo do the signing on and wages). Just don’t see it myself
He wants Tottenham as it’s a step up (same as a lot of sides would be) and that’s what he needs in his next step
Not more £££ as he would be getting paid plenty anyway
It is a completely different market for players on free transfers. A decent portion of the fee that the player would've commanded instead goes on wages. If Son ran his contract down at Spurs he would get offers of £250k+ a week.

If we try to offer him £60k then he'll sign for Arsenal or whichever club are offering him the 120k.

Of course the above all assumes a normal market and no covid adjustments.

the players who are hard to shift are basically two extremes... and ozil who is massively over paid and the wrong age profile (also lazy)
Or the likes of Nkodou who was a gamble but actually turned out to be quite poor... hence why no one wanted him and IMO with those the wages aren’t the issue
Even a broken wanyama was wanted for a good fee, which he turned down to get his UK passport
Players who are half decent will be wanted
Players who aren’t won’t!!! Jansenn has one good season in Holland hence why no one wanted him when we wanted rid (still think he could have been given more chances here)
The wages are absolutely the issue. Only the biggest club in France could afford to match our wage for Nkoudou. The Belgium club wanting Wanyama couldn't match his wage and he wanted a pay off. Jansen was successful in Holland and I'm sure every team in the Erevidzie would've had him but none would be able to match our wage offer.

If we are to sign Fraser and he didnt do well then the options for clubs to move him on to would be very limited indeed and we would probably make a loss overall when considering his signing on fee/loyalty bonus.

Last edited:
It is a completely different market for players on free transfers. A decent portion of the fee that the player would've commanded instead goes on wages. If Son ran his contract down at Spurs he would get offers of £250k a week.

If we try to offer him £60k then he'll sign for Arsenal or whichever club are offering him the 120k.

Of course the above all assumes a normal market and no covid adjustments.
Why is Llorente on £70k a week at Napoli after leaving on a free?
I think your making assumptions that all players want mega money and that they let the contract run down for that reason. I believe that some (like Eriksen for comparison) may do it for sporting reasons, as they get control of where they go next.
Like I said earlier were not talking a world class proven player here. We’re talking a guy with a LOT to prove. He can’t command IMO big wages but a £3m signing in bonus would be handy, and a carrot would be that you do well and your salary will go up

The wages are absolutely the issue. Only the biggest club in France could afford to match our wage for Nkoudou. The Belgium club wantung Wanyama couldn't match his wage and he wanted a pay off.
No Wanyama made it clear he wanted his passport. That was widely reported at the time time as they offered big money for him
I think no one wanted Nkodou as he was basically brick. He was on a rumoured £30k a week.... that’s not top money here or in France. People think it’s money again but if the player is deemed to be half decent they would pay it... Even Burnley didn’t want him

Why is Llorente on £70k a week at Napoli after leaving on a free?
I think your making assumptions that all players want mega money and that they let the contract run down for that reason. I believe that some (like Eriksen for comparison) may do it for sporting reasons, as they get control of where they go next.
Like I said earlier were not talking a world class proven player here. We’re talking a guy with a LOT to prove. He can’t command IMO big wages but a £3m signing in bonus would be handy, and a carrot would be that you do well and your salary will go up
£70k a week is a lot of money for a bit part player, now at the end of his career like Llorente. What would his transfer fee value be if he had (say) 2 years left on a contract at Spurs?... pretty much zero right?

No Wanyama made it clear he wanted his passport. That was widely reported at the time time as they offered big money for him
I think no one wanted Nkodou as he was basically brick. He was on a rumoured £30k a week.... that’s not top money here or in France. People think it’s money again but if the player is deemed to be half decent they would pay it... Even Burnley didn’t want him
They offered a big transfer fee but couldn't meet his wage demand, their president even said so.

£30k a week actually is big money in France. Here that is paid to promising kids. In France that is good first team player money at most clubs.

We will probably go round in circles here Bedford.... but general rule of thumb is that players not at the end of their careers will earn about double their market value wage if on a bosman transfer. That way both the player and buying club win.

If at 26, Fraser isn't a player with a normal market value wage of £50k or £60k a week then we shouldn't be going anywhere near him.

(Of course I have no idea what covid will do to transfer and wage valuations in the short term)

Last edited:
I
We will probably go round in circles here Bedford.... but general rule of thumb is that players not at the end of their careers will earn about double their market value wage if on a bosman transfer. That way both the player and buying club win.

If at 26, Fraser isn't a player with a normal market value wage of £50k or £60k a week then we shouldn't be going anywhere near him.

(Of course I have no idea what covid will do to transfer and wage valuations in the short term)
He is a player imo in that wage bracket
he may be a very good player with better players around him

I

He is a player imo in that wage bracket
he may be a very good player with better players around him

Would be my thoughts as well, every time i have seen him he has looked a good player ( great cross on him) and could become a very good player with us. Still only 26 so he has not reached his hights yet, i suppose it all depends on what he wants.

Would be my thoughts as well, every time i have seen him he has looked a good player ( great cross on him) and could become a very good player with us. Still only 26 so he has not reached his hights yet, i suppose it all depends on what he wants.
From what little I’ve read or seen of him, this is his one chance to step into the big league club wise
The lad can play and works hard too. In the current climate he is IMO a win win signing
Turns out to be great - win
Doesn’t work out - sell him on for a profit and win again
He doesn’t lose either as he will be getting more money here and would also get a signing on fee. My disagreement with Finney is that he wouldn’t be getting a £12m signing on fee. Players don’t just get the fee the club would have got because their free. I’d guess that an unproven player would get maybe a years wages up front as a signing on and the opportunity for a pay increase subject to certain criteria, along with the pay jump they get to join

From what little I’ve read or seen of him, this is his one chance to step into the big league club wise
The lad can play and works hard too. In the current climate he is IMO a win win signing
Turns out to be great - win
Doesn’t work out - sell him on for a profit and win again
He doesn’t lose either as he will be getting more money here and would also get a signing on fee. My disagreement with Finney is that he wouldn’t be getting a £12m signing on fee. Players don’t just get the fee the club would have got because their free. I’d guess that an unproven player would get maybe a years wages up front as a signing on and the opportunity for a pay increase subject to certain criteria, along with the pay jump they get to join

I can't dance really with any of that, i suppose it may depend on how many other clubs enter the stage ( some may tempt him with a signing on fee). Not really seen any other links for him to other clubs so we MAY be the highest rated club in for him and if that is the case i would assume he would choose us anyway signing fee or not.

I can't dance really with any of that, i suppose it may depend on how many other clubs enter the stage ( some may tempt him with a signing on fee). Not really seen any other links for him to other clubs so we MAY be the highest rated club in for him and if that is the case i would assume he would choose us anyway signing fee or not.
Arsenal have been linked as they love a wide player or 10

Back