• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Is the football news and transfer stories now just fat ex pros talking in online media. Seems it is always some ex pro saying this player is leaving or that player is signing.

I knew quite well someone who used to sit as part of the backroom staff on the brighton bench during games. So I asked him things, more how football was run then anyone signing or things of that nature. He used to tell me that 90% of the stuff in the press was made up, obvious to all of us. Makes me wonder how this online media things keep going, i never click on them.

The are some really good football blogs out there, I like reading the athletic and also still read 442. But GHod some of this rubbish that is reported these days as news is just ridiculous.

Been watching a bit more football recently highlights packages because im missing football so much. That Isak looks the business him and Sarr from Watford would be my dream. Probably very expensive though.

Is the football news and transfer stories now just fat ex pros talking in online media. Seems it is always some ex pro saying this player is leaving or that player is signing.

I knew quite well someone who used to sit as part of the backroom staff on the brighton bench during games. So I asked him things, more how football was run then anyone signing or things of that nature. He used to tell me that 90% of the stuff in the press was made up, obvious to all of us. Makes me wonder how this online media things keep going, i never click on them.

The are some really good football blogs out there, I like reading the athletic and also still read 442. But GHod some of this rubbish that is reported these days as news is just ridiculous.

Yep i agree, its mostly gonad*s but there must be a lot of fans who believe everything they read because sure as brick if we are linked to anyone this window there will be some who will bring it up in the future and say Levy missed out again.

Whose that?

I mean they chop and change through the middle and most goals they concede come via the middle of the park too
The Uruguayan - Torriela (I’ve probably spelt that wrong) and the young Frenchman who looks like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons, Guendozi (I’m sure I’ve spelt that wrong). Note that I wouldn’t want either at Spurs, but that shows how weak we are in such a key position. Maybe Skipp will be ready next season? Or maybe Sissoko can play there, if not then we desperately need to buy (Kelvin Phillips please, as I think he will go on to be brilliant in that position).

Been watching a bit more football recently highlights packages because im missing football so much. That Isak looks the business him and Sarr from Watford would be my dream. Probably very expensive though.
Watford paid £27m for Sarr. I would guess they’d want a £20m+ profit. I agree that he looks like he has all the tools though.

I haven’t watched Isak. Is it Bedford who also has been recommending him? What sort of fee (pre covid) do you think he would’ve been going for?

Yeah.....'never before'
I don’t get you? If you mean prior to this season I’d probably agree. We were strong there with Dier and Wanyama. However one broke and then left and the other broke and is still here. Dier has only a year left on his contract now, so we either have to sell him while we can get maybe £12 million for him and put that towards a first choice DM or give him a new reasonably big contract, which I think would be a mistake (unless we see him long term as a central defender).

The Uruguayan - Torriela (I’ve probably spelt that wrong) and the young Frenchman who looks like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons, Guendozi (I’m sure I’ve spelt that wrong). Note that I wouldn’t want either at Spurs, but that shows how weak we are in such a key position. Maybe Skipp will be ready next season? Or maybe Sissoko can play there, if not then we desperately need to buy (Kelvin Phillips please, as I think he will go on to be brilliant in that position).
Neither of them are very good
Toreirra hardly starts now and their looking at selling and the other is a fans favourite despite being very very erratic. He only looks decent when their changing a game

Watford paid £27m for Sarr. I would guess they’d want a £20m+ profit. I agree that he looks like he has all the tools though.

I haven’t watched Isak. Is it Bedford who also has been recommending him? What sort of fee (pre covid) do you think he would’ve been going for?
Isak would be £40m plus
He also has a big back for Dortmund which I can see them activating once they sell Haaland

I don’t get you? If you mean prior to this season I’d probably agree. We were strong there with Dier and Wanyama. However one broke and then left and the other broke and is still here. Dier has only a year left on his contract now, so we either have to sell him while we can get maybe £12 million for him and put that towards a first choice DM or give him a new reasonably big contract, which I think would be a mistake (unless we see him long term as a central defender).
You said 'never before have I seen a team'

I offered... have you not watched Arsenal in the last 10 years?

It was a regular feature on MOTD ...even from their numb nuts analyists .

ie....much worse than what we've been offering up (not saying we haven't struggled there though)

You said 'never before have I seen a team'

I offered... have you not watched Arsenal in the last 10 years?

It was a regular feature on MOTD ...even from their numb nuts analyists .

ie....much worse than what we've been offering up (not saying we haven't struggled there though)
It’s arsenals biggest problem
Teams just go through the middle of them and target that area as a battle to win
Ours as I’ve said loads of times is out full backs offer nothing defensively or enough attack wise so teams target them

I have been talking Isak up for a few months. Says he does not want to go back to Dortmund as that part of his life is done. I sometimes wish we would alternate and play 2 up front on occasions because we would keep the reserve striker happy more often. Maybe if Kane drops back like he does for England when Sterling is playing.

I don't see just how we're going to risk signing anyone with the current situation, so can't see anything happen, personally, but we'll see! I'm certainly not expecting too many signings anytime soon.

Back