• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Let’s add their freebie left back Kurzawa as well and we’ve got in 2 of the 4 first choice players we need to get in the summer and could then spend our transfer funds on the DM and CH.
I think Kuzawa celebrating wit the fans in the lock out may have put some pubs off him

ive never seen him play big for a free transfer they both make so much sense

The might be some bargains around if clubs are in a strong position.

Hope we are in a strong position. The lower league clubs will need some money to survive. Wonder if we will go back in for jade jones at Peterborough.

I think he'll be overpriced now due to so much interest from PL teams. Last summer or the season before that was our time to get him. There will be far better value elsewhere (Henrichs from Monaco or Dumfries from PSV for example). If we're worried about overseas player counts then Bogle at Derby for a third of the price might be a better option (although is probably 1 to 2 years behind Aarons in his development. I think he has even more potential than Aarons though). Meunier on a free and Bogle from Derby as a backup would probably be the smartest business we could do as it looks after the now and long term future for a very low transfer outlay.

I think he'll be overpriced now due to so much interest from PL teams. Last summer or the season before that was our time to get him. There will be far better value elsewhere (Henrichs from Monaco or Dumfries from PSV for example). If we're worried about overseas player counts then Bogle at Derby for a third of the price might be a better option (although is probably 1 to 2 years behind Aarons in his development. I think he has even more potential than Aarons though). Meunier on a free and Bogle from Derby as a backup would probably be the smartest business we could do as it looks after the now and long term future for a very low transfer outlay.
Where would Bogle get game time though?
He wouldn’t be starting for us so would have to go on loan and we still have a huge gap there (which is no different to now)

Where would Bogle get game time though?
He wouldn’t be starting for us so would have to go on loan and we still have a huge gap there (which is no different to now)
Bogle is good enough to play a part for us already IMO. Not against the big boys, but home games against weaker opposition, League Cup games, FA Cup games against lower league opposition and Europa League games (assuming that there is european competition next year and that we qualify for it).

Bogle is good enough to play a part for us already IMO. Not against the big boys, but home games against weaker opposition, League Cup games, FA Cup games against lower league opposition and Europa League games (assuming that there is european competition next year and that we qualify for it).
I’ve never seen him play TBH
But we have to have 2 quality full backs for both sides as a priority
We currently have none

I’ve never seen him play TBH
But we have to have 2 quality full backs for both sides as a priority
We currently have none
Still second priority as far as I'm concerned. We could limp by with what we had if we only had a half competent defensive midfield player. Never before have I seen a team with the huge gap in the middle that I often see when teams turn over the ball and attack us.

A top class defensive midfielder would make us a good team again pretty much immediately, add a top class full back on each side and we'd be very, very good again. Replace the two full backs with e.g. Ricardo and Chilwell (one of the better full back pairs in the league) but keep playing Winks or Dier at the base of the midfield and we'd be only marginally better than we are now IMO.

Still second priority as far as I'm concerned. We could limp by with what we had if we only had a half competent defensive midfield player. Never before have I seen a team with the huge gap in the middle that I often see when teams turn over the ball and attack us.

A top class defensive midfielder would make us a good team again pretty much immediately, add a top class full back on each side and we'd be very, very good again. Replace the two full backs with e.g. Ricardo and Chilwell (one of the better full back pairs in the league) but keep playing Winks or Dier at the base of the midfield and we'd be only marginally better than we are now IMO.
Chillwell IMO is no better than Davies and gets caught defensively a lot
The issue with our full backs (and even Kante couldn’t fix it) is that one gets caught out constantly further forward or has to make rash challenges and the other is non communal in his challenges so doesn’t do anything
You can have an amazing DM but teams just attack the width
We had sissoko covering for Aurier and we still got mullered. United showed how easy it is to attack us down our right and so did Bayern. Although Bayern did get better once they added a 3rd CM too
How do people expect a DM to cover the middle and the right hand side. Sissoko can’t do it as he is a running machine
Get a right back who doesn’t get caught out all the time and then stops running, and a left back who will make positive decisions and the midfield looks miles better along with the CBS too. Our numbers for conceding chances have gone through the roof and most of those comes from chances created wide

Fairplay for not watching Arsenal for 10years.

Back