• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Their being reported by Barca gouighlighg the approach and also their breach of FFP

Barca have threatened legal action if FIFA don't follow through with it

Barca complaining about tapping up is like 1940s German government being upset about aggressive foreign policy, it's a ridiculous notion.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Depends what the buyback is - if low its a no lose risk for City. Get him experience and if he is any good bring him back or flip him - if he is crap has an injury you still have £25m. Apparently WH pulled out of the deal due to the buyback.. as an aside I hope this bricky practice doesn't make its way into English football, coming from the Barca lot they have at Man C.

likewise, I'd take GKN over both of those as he is in the system and knows the schemes

I haven't seen anything from GKN which says that he can play as anything other than an out and out winger, which we don't play with and actually is counter-productive as it takes up the space which Rose runs in to. Every time he's come on, he's hugger the touchline. Njie wasn't up to standard however he could play more centrally so seemed a more logical signing - irrespective of ability, I really don't get the logic behind signing GKN given how we play

We seem to get linked to wingers a fair bit so perhaps it's an option that Pochettino would like as a plan b/c and it's just a case that the ones we have signed haven't been good enough to be relied upon

I haven't seen anything from GKN which says that he can play as anything other than an out and out winger, which we don't play with and actually is counter-productive as it takes up the space which Rose runs in to. Every time he's come on, he's hugger the touchline. Njie wasn't up to standard however he could play more centrally so seemed a more logical signing - irrespective of ability, I really don't get the logic behind signing GKN given how we play

I don't disagree with any of that.

But I don't think Gray and Mahrez are capable of anything else themselves, they are both average wingers, we have one already, buying another makes no sense to me.

We seem to get linked to wingers a fair bit so perhaps it's an option that Pochettino would like as a plan b/c and it's just a case that the ones we have signed haven't been good enough to be relied upon

Perhaps. A lot of wingers seems to be able to play 'inside' a bit and/or inverted, which might suit our system. The curious thing about GKN is that he's always come on as an out and out LW who doesn't leave the touchline. We need some pace in attacking areas, but more centrally than that and without taking up our full-backs space

But I don't think Gray and Mahrez are capable of anything else themselves, they are both average wingers, we have one already, buying another makes no sense to me.

To me, Mahrez is very different - I don't put him down as a winger at all, party because pace isn't one of his main assets. He could play off the CF in my view. The difference for me between Gray and GKN is that when I've seen Gray before, he often looks to cut inside, which would be more useful for us. I agree about his valuation though - if GKN is a £10m player, Gray isn't a £30m player

To me, Mahrez is very different - I don't put him down as a winger at all, party because pace isn't one of his main assets. He could play off the CF in my view. The difference for me between Gray and GKN is that when I've seen Gray before, he often looks to cut inside, which would be more useful for us. I agree about his valuation though - if GKN is a £10m player, Gray isn't a £30m player

anecdotally, imo, we don't tend to cut in from wide positions as we spend so long pinning the opposition back, we are not allowed space to cut into

Mahrez is not an average winger. He had an average season yes, but there is a difference. I think that he downed tools with a fair few others at Leic last year and there didn't appear to be enough players pulling the other way. In our team he just would not get away with that so you would hopefully see the player from 2 seasons ago.

Gray has bundles of potential - You're not seeing the finished article at the moment by any means but he could click at any moment, especially with Poch overseeing his development.

At some point we need to take a chance in the market and there doesn't appear to be much else.

Young and English = pay a premium, regardless of ability. I would say in today's market £20m-£25m is about right for Gray.....which makes £30m not unfathomable.

Mahrez is not an average winger. He had an average season yes, but there is a difference. I think that he downed tools with a fair few others at Leic last year and there didn't appear to be enough players pulling the other way. In our team he just would not get away with that so you would hopefully see the player from 2 seasons ago.

Gray has bundles of potential - You're not seeing the finished article at the moment by any means but he could click at any moment, especially with Poch overseeing his development.

At some point we need to take a chance in the market and there doesn't appear to be much else.

mahrez's career stats suggest the aberration was his good year

I agree we need to sign potential, but at potential pricing and for a defined role

If we want a midfielder then why not take Krychowiak from PSG, he isn't wanted by them and is a beast of a midfielder and a decent age as well. As an added bonus he's won some trophies so might be able to push us to that next step.

I think you are right. To be fair, it wouldn't be a surprise if Poch actually did think that he could make Sissoko a much better and more consistent player, but it just didn't work out for whatever reason. I haven't yet totally written off Sissoko (we have plenty of examples of players that have performed much better in their second year) but I think the reason why he hasn't worked out is because of his attitude which is a lot harder to change. This is complete conjecture on my part though.

I think we have to just realise that buying a player is risky and it is not always going to work out. This time it did not work with a really large outlay, but mistakes happen and I am sure we will rectify it in due course.
I think the fact that he has been played out of position might also be a factor. He's a CM not an AM. Maybe that contributed to the dour attitude, maybe not. But would like to see him get a run of games paired with Wanyama and see whether his performances improve.

I think the fact that he has been played out of position might also be a factor. He's a CM not an AM. Maybe that contributed to the dour attitude, maybe not. But would like to see him get a run of games paired with Wanyama and see whether his performances improve.

He played AM for his last 3 seasons at Saudi Sportswashing Machine though?

Back