• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Pep is going to blow a couple of hundred million this window.

Was always going to be the case, however £200m isn't what is once was. Man U will probably spend £150m - £200m as well.

Maybe if Man C get this GK, Silva, Mendy and a CB they wont be as desperate for Walker?

Is that still a thing?
Apparently it only applies if you're not already among the considered financial elite clubs. If you're a "newcomer" you can't spend, but if you are already considered a "top club", everyone will turn their blind eye to it, and you can spend as much as you please without any risk.

I've been on the edge for last 2 seasons or so.

It's become about money, not success.
Agreed. I made up my mind to focus on supporting football. My love for Spurs is based on our history and football style. It is no longer mostly on success. Money hath corrupted the game. Managers like Jose and Pep don't develop players.

Agreed. I made up my mind to focus on supporting football. My love for Spurs is based on our history and football style. It is no longer mostly on success. Money hath corrupted the game. Managers like Jose and Pep don't develop players.

City have already dropped 100 million on players - at this rate they will be close to spending 3/400 million on player - Walker another 40/50.

Arsenal started the trend that it's better to finish in the top 4 be in the CL than compete to win things, seems others are following suit now.

You don't build a team to win things anymore - you assemble a team for 2/3 seasons then another one.

I agree, but we/Levy had two choices and he is choosing to take the bloated teams on and grow the club the right way..........not rollover.

Looks like we're going for younger high potential players. Sissoko effect?

It's the smart way to run a football club. We don't need marquee signings. They're a complete waste of money.

I'd look for players 21-24 years old. They'll have some experience at a high level, but plenty of room to improve and adapt to our style. After a season we can move on those that don't work out.

You need to add one or two new players to your core squad every year, but they don't have to be expensive signings. They can come from our existing pool of talent.

Back