• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I get a little irked by the claims that Bale looked poor for us initially. That wasn't the case at all. When Bale initially came in under Jol he looked absolutely brilliant. He then suffered a few injuries and also had to be toughened up a little but he didn't ever look a poor footballer. Bale may have had poor stats in terms of the team winning games in which he played, but a lot of that was incidental (and I think many of the games were fleeting performances at the end). It was clear straight away that Bale he was a good passer of the ball and had quality in terms of his delivery.

Who do you get irked with? I said he had pretty rubbish stats (in response to you quoting Traore's pooor stats) not that Bale looked poor. Quite the reverse: despite the stats Bale looked good. Anyway I will bow out before Milo ticks me off. If you can't see potential in that video of him against Swansea (previous page) I have nothing more to say. I doubt highly he will remain at 'boro if they go down.

Last edited:
Comparing bale and traore I'll sit this one out chaps.

Ps Bale was scoring free kicks and crossing and shooting was very promising at sot'on. He had real true potential. Maybe no one saw this level of achievement. Traore hahahahahahaha

Traore was switching wings at half time in games earlier this season. So that he would stay on the side where the bench is. So that he could be coached through the games...
I just don't see how he's at the level we want as Pochettino's starting point.

Zoinks!

"Manchester United have had a £72m bid for Kylian Mbappé turned down, with Monaco wanting a world-record £100m for the 18-year-old forward....

Monaco have told United they will not sell Mbappé for less than £100m and it is highly unlikely he will leave this summer. Monaco hope his value will soar and they will be able to sell him for around £125m in 2018. The player’s preferred destination would be Real Madrid but they have yet to make an inquiry for the player who has impressed in Europe this season."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/03/kylian-mbappe-manchester-united-monaco

If it is pace you want instead of signing Traore lets go for Usain Bolt, at least he would sell more shirts

I like the sound of another King at Spurs. My brother is a big Bournemouth fan and season ticket holder and he really raves about him, saying he is by far Bournemouth's best player. Good enough for me and a gazillion times better than Sissoko.

Josh King is an interesting suggestion of a target; where do people see him fitting into our team/squad? Whose squad place would be most at threat from him joining?
What position and in what formation would get the best out of him?

King would be a straight backup for Kane. If we got him though, I'd imagine that Janssen would be deemed surplus to requirements.

Personally I thought we'd have gone for him or Wilson at Bournemouth last season.

If Lamela is sold and we can flog Sissoko, use the money to get Bernardo Silva. £40 million ought to do it. Add Maguire at CB (£10 million?) and Goretzka at CM (£20 million) and we should be set. It'll be a net spend, but then again, we're competing for the league now. The building phase looks like it's done. Now we just need to add the 1-2 pieces that building won't get you.

King has come good this season, but he will probably be expensive, and have a track record of being inconsistent. He would be a decent backup striker in theory, but I can't see him flourishing without getting regular playing time. If we can get him in the same price bracket as wanyama it's worth a punt, but he'll probably be at least twice as expensive, if not more.

Really good listen on the Wednesday club about us and transfers of current players

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051wbqz

Summary: pundits think players would be nuts to leave us at the moment considering where we are going; however Levy will need to open the purse strings in order to keep current players. Players have an understanding on their value (like all of us in our job) and if they perceive they are not being paid enough for the value they deliver then they get agitated (like all of us in our jobs).

Thought it was a very reasonable summary of the position.

If Lamela is sold and we can flog Sissoko, use the money to get Bernardo Silva. £40 million ought to do it. Add Maguire at CB (£10 million?) and Goretzka at CM (£20 million) and we should be set. It'll be a net spend, but then again, we're competing for the league now. The building phase looks like it's done. Now we just need to add the 1-2 pieces that building won't get you.
Why would Lamela be sold?

King would be a straight backup for Kane. If we got him though, I'd imagine that Janssen would be deemed surplus to requirements.

Personally I thought we'd have gone for him or Wilson at Bournemouth last season.

Interestingly he can also play in any of the positions just behind the striker which I think is an extra string to his bow

Back