• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I think we play 3 at the back just to accommodate him and Wanyama. Without him we'd revert to 4-2-3-1.

If you are talking about sides, we've got RCBs - Alder, Dier, 2CV and LCBs - Verts, Wimmer, Davies

I'm talking about who's first in line to replace Dier in our 352 if he's out injured or suspended - atm it's CCV which I think we need to improve on

But we wouldn't - we'd switch to 4-2-3-1 and start Son. Poch prefers a small but flexible squad

So if we lose Dier (or Wanyama/Alderweireld) for a certain length of time we have to switch formation and lose our flexibility until they return?

Doesn't sound great tbh

I think this is an area we will strengthen by the end of the window.

So if we lose Dier (or Wanyama/Alderweireld) for a certain length of time we have to switch formation and lose our flexibility until they return?

Doesn't sound great tbh

Or bring in Wimmer and play either him or Verts on the right.

Wimmer and 2CV got barely any playing time last season. You don't rotate CBs, so you don't need excessive cover.

Not really to do with us but I have heard though Danny Ings is prepared to leave Liverpool on a season long loan he is refusing to do a fitness test so no clubs are prepared to pay Liverpool for taking him on loan for the season.

He looked like a decent player a few seasons ago, maybe he will go back to Burnley eventually. I think we were in for him when he was on a free and choose Liverpool above us.

Doesn't sound great tbh

Completely agree. We're a CB short. We have 5 senior players completing for CB and DM roles...and in a 3-5-2, you need 4 of those. We have far too little cover there

Not really to do with us but I have heard though Danny Ings is prepared to leave Liverpool on a season long loan he is refusing to do a fitness test so no clubs are prepared to pay Liverpool for taking him on loan for the season.

He looked like a decent player a few seasons ago, maybe he will go back to Burnley eventually. I think we were in for him when he was on a free and choose Liverpool above us.

We helped Burnley get a bigger fee for him by saying we would have paid more Than Pool

And brought in Trippier

I hope we can can get at least one class player this window. Have we lost our touch for finding great players ?gems like .Modric Berbatov.
We a need a player that is going to set us on fire as we have had in the past. Ginola,Gazza,Greaves.
Now is not the time to say,Oh well we're not doing too bad are we! What a load of BS. It's about glory..
To dare is to do. That's our motto...lets keep it! and not chicken out!

Come on you Spurs..........

Or bring in Wimmer and play either him or Verts on the right.

Wimmer and 2CV got barely any playing time last season. You don't rotate CBs, so you don't need excessive cover.
That 2CV thing really hasn't caught on mate, seems it's just you who keeps going with it.
It's just as easy to write CCV...I'd let it go if I were you.

Oh be fair, most teams fail to finish in exactly the same place each year, and i don't think a place either side can really justifiably be called a progress or regression. If we finish 3rd will we really think we've regressed?? No way. If Emirates Marketing Project finish 2nd this year have they made progress?? Nope.

However if, say, we fall to 5th, yes, we've regressed. If Everton get 4th, Palace get top half and City win league, they've all progressed. One league place isn't really a big deal (unless perhaps it means a difference in European qualification).
I would consider one league place up, for us, a f@cing sea-change!

Wouldn't you? Stats v psychology.

Realistically, who can we bring in that is A)better than the current back up, B)not going to get a guaranteed start, and C)is happy to start the season as bench player.

They must be so few and far between. I believe Poch is looking at the options and thinking he's happier with his current back up.

Regarding the chance of buying a quality player to slot straight into the team, some of you aren't even including Son in the first XI by the look of it. You will do well to better him!

I think we play 3 at the back just to accommodate him and Wanyama. Without him we'd revert to 4-2-3-1.

If you are talking about sides, we've got RCBs - Alder, Dier, 2CV and LCBs - Verts, Wimmer, Davies
You think so? If so then I would rather Pochettino played his favoured/best formation and got in the right players to make that happen.

Realistically, who can we bring in that is A)better than the current back up, B)not going to get a guaranteed start, and C)is happy to start the season as bench player.

They must be so few and far between. I believe Poch is looking at the options and thinking he's happier with his current back up.

Regarding the chance of buying a quality player to slot straight into the team, some of you aren't even including Son in the first XI by the look of it. You will do well to better him!
Well the German under 21 right back would probably fit a, b and c. It starts to get a bit difficult after him however.

However I wonder whether Pochettino would rather bring in a few players who are quite adaptable so instead of being pure cover for one position they present an option across a few positions. I think Barkley probably attracts him for this reason as he could feasibly cover number 10 and 8. I wonder whether he was also interested in Zaha previously due to the fact that he could cover 7, 11, 10 and even number 9.

Back