• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

There is nothing new in that though is they, one of the reasons the European Cup was changed to the boring Champions Lge was to stop the talk of the bigger clubs ( around Europe) breaking away and forming a super lge. It is pure greed by the bigger clubs and at the end of the day (if it ever happens) it will turn into as big a snooze fest as the CL is now.

I agree, but these doped teams cannot cope with competition.
They will do anything to maintain their financial monopoly, even if that means wrecking tactic against the top European leagues.

IMHO its why such a weak FFP implementation will come back to bite UEFA and FIFA to a lesser extent, on the arse.

nathan ake to bournemouth for 20 big ones, done.
thought he was pretty good last season ... did we miss out ? chelsea wouldn't sell to us anyhoo.

True, but in terms of league places, we will have fallen back, is all. We went from 6th to 5th to 3rd to 2nd - now we'd go back to 3rd or 4th. Regression of league status, more or less.

Can't say we regressed in terms of cups or anything, because we're still endlessly barren on that front anyway. :p

Oh be fair, most teams fail to finish in exactly the same place each year, and i don't think a place either side can really justifiably be called a progress or regression. If we finish 3rd will we really think we've regressed?? No way. If Emirates Marketing Project finish 2nd this year have they made progress?? Nope.

However if, say, we fall to 5th, yes, we've regressed. If Everton get 4th, Palace get top half and City win league, they've all progressed. One league place isn't really a big deal (unless perhaps it means a difference in European qualification).

I'm fine with that.
We need some tweaks and maybe a bit of experience, but not much more.
And I'm happy for levy to cement is in top 4 for the next few years - that is the next platform and at a time of great change.

The market will collapse at some point and that will screw the club's without endless backing - we need to make sure we are not one of those and might just be in a stronger position to buy Vs our rivals.

And we do have a good academy that we have invested in. Players putting the work in to progress their ability should be given an opportunity to fully do so.

I'd be more tinkled off if we made another sissoko type signing paying way over the odds for an average player than not signing anyone at all.

im perfectly happy with us not being bent over.

I reserve the right to panic on the 31st Aug after we've drawn a couple of games and signed no one yet though!!

I'd be more tinkled off if we made another sissoko type signing paying way over the odds for an average player than not signing anyone at all.

im perfectly happy with us not being bent over.

I reserve the right to panic on the 31st Aug after we've drawn a couple of games and signed no one yet though!!

Why risk it? It's a catch 22 for us. Can't afford to buy players that could oust our starting XI players.

If we try and there is an appetite to buy a player we will find ourselves behind very very quickly behind the pecking order once the bigger clubs are invited to bid.

We aim to get "value" as seen by levy which at times will land us a sissoko or a van der vaart. It's our transfer model. I hate it but have to hope that we can tweak it once we have that stadium.

I think we all know that we have turned a profit this summer, having previously a zero net spend to date. So where is all of that, CL money, and the tv money going?

We could have possibly bought a marquee player this summer but as you said why waste the money? If we don't spend this year will our transfer budget be huge in time for the new stadium? I am cynical.

We make huge amounts of money yet often skimp over a few million to land the player we wanted if you believe what is reported; sometimes the player say similar things.

Back