• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Foyth is pre-agreed and rumour says they are taking the contract
CCV's loan club has contacted Spurs to buy him
Supposedly head of PSG has been trying to buy Aurier

I actually think there will be business this summer in a certain price bracket

- a lot of our deadwood would fall in that £10M-£25M range, Levy might have to take payment over time vs. cash up front but this could be the busy end of market
- £40M+ I don't see a lot of happening outside of the superstar deals.

Agree, and this could work out very well for us. As you say, with the above dynamics we could be offloading say £100m-odd of players who dont really make any (positive) difference to us on the pitch, and then have fewer competitors for the players which we want to sign, which would hopefully be in the £30m-£40m bracket. 3 signings in that range funded by £100m of outgoings would make one hell of a difference - might not solve all our problems, but could patch up a good few of them. And I'd rather 3 decent signings, than 5 mediocre ones

I still hold out hope we’d be interested in Brooks especially now Bournemouth didn’t make the play off final.

Dunno I just like him and we need freshness in the team.

Maybe if we do keep (fellow Welshman) Bale it would help him bed in to then eventually take that spot on the right?

Foyth is pre-agreed and rumour says they are taking the contract
CCV's loan club has contacted Spurs to buy him
Supposedly head of PSG has been trying to buy Aurier

I actually think there will be business this summer in a certain price bracket

- a lot of our deadwood would fall in that £10M-£25M range, Levy might have to take payment over time vs. cash up front but this could be the busy end of market
- £40M+ I don't see a lot of happening outside of the superstar deals.

I forsee a lot of quick mid price deals done before the euros start.
Clubs with cash will want to get in and get their business done early, and those needing to sell will need it done to stabilise themselves.

TBF he was IMO gonna be mustard
Made an odd move stepping down to Blackburn
Another I thought would step was David Hirsts son George. I think Leicester have parked him somewhere until he retires

Troy Parrott headed down the same route as well. I like usually to see how a player takes to grownup football.

Do really like Delap at City and Cherki at Lyon.

Seven players who could leave Tottenham and a shock exit to hand new manager his transfer funds - football.london

For those too lazy, the list is CCV, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Lamela, Foyth & "at least one CB"
"Both Dier and Sanchez have had mixed campaigns, but with both having three years left on their contracts and Sanchez having been a club record signing, Tottenham will not likely accept cut price deals for either of them which could impact on their ability to sell."

If accurate then that suggests we have learned absolutely nothing in the past few years.

"Both Dier and Sanchez have had mixed campaigns, but with both having three years left on their contracts and Sanchez having been a club record signing, Tottenham will not likely accept cut price deals for either of them which could impact on their ability to sell."

If accurate then that suggests we have learned absolutely nothing in the past few years.

Cut price deal for Dier, did he not cost us very little (£15m ish), so even £20m which is not beyond the realms is actually a profit.
Of course that is a bit to sensible and not nearly gloomy enough for the sun, especially when it's spurs.

Yep, I hope we are smart enough to know regardless of past decisions, the market isn't really going to be a seller's market at the lower/mid end.

Cut price deal for Dier, did he not cost us very little (£15m ish), so even £20m which is not beyond the realms is actually a profit.
Of course that is a bit to sensible and not nearly gloomy enough for the sun, especially when it's spurs.
I think he cost us under £10m..... Which is about what I think we could sell him for... Maybe £15m if there is a team out there who haven't actually watched him this season. Dier will currently have an asset value of zero so any transfer fee for him is a profit on the books (which is usually what Levy cares about). That's why I think it is unlikely that we would sell Doherty or Lo Celso as both may result in paper losses and Levy has always avoided those (though maybe that was to show profit in the accounts for stadium funding purposes and he'll change his tune now the stadium is operational?)

I think he cost us under £10m..... Which is about what I think we could sell him for... Maybe £15m if there is a team out there who haven't actually watched him this season. Dier will currently have an asset value of zero so any transfer fee for him is a profit on the books (which is usually what Levy cares about). That's why I think it is unlikely that we would sell Doherty or Lo Celso as both may result in paper losses and Levy has always avoided those (though maybe that was to show profit in the accounts for stadium funding purposes and he'll change his tune now the stadium is operational?)

I'm sure there's clubs and managers out there that think £15/20m for an England player at his age is good value and that that in a fresh environment under their stewardship they can get him back on track.

£4m
That’s what he cost us
And we will get a decent return on him I’m sure. Key of course is him wanting to go

Back