• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I think Harry will do the Euro's and thats it. He will then wait till after the world cup to take over full time. England dont have a hope n hells chance of winning in Brazil and half the England squad will either be too old or too inexperienced to have any chance in Brazil. So he will wait till the next Manager suffers but by then the older players will be out of the squad, the younger players will have more experience and Harry will have won the league with Spurs.

Thats how I would think this scenario will play out.

Yes, that is the smart play. That's how I hope it plays out anyway.

one more thing - i reckon all this Harry for England bandwagon jumping by other fans and especially the media is nothing but an attempt to try and destabilize us as a team

perhaps Harry and Levy knows that they can't afford the transfer price and have issued an ultimatum, or some sort of bet.

e.g. if no one bids above our bid we get Hazard on our terms - which i think is significantly below the buyout clause.

if somebody else succeeds, then they've paid over our valuation.

No doubt he is a talent, but the French league is poor and getting worse, as demonstrated by the most recent imports plying their trade in the EPL.

perhaps Harry and Levy knows that they can't afford the transfer price and have issued an ultimatum, or some sort of bet.

e.g. if no one bids above our bid we get Hazard on our terms - which i think is significantly below the buyout clause.

if somebody else succeeds, then they've paid over our valuation.

No doubt he is a talent, but the French league is poor and getting worse, as demonstrated by the most recent imports plying their trade in the EPL.

Is it getting worse? Cabaye has done alright, Gervinho hasn't been a total disaster....

Is it getting worse? Cabaye has done alright, Gervinho hasn't been a total disaster....

cabaye has done well, but Gervinho has been patchy at best, considering he was supposed to be the finest in the french league for a long time.

red card, diving, significant misses etc... and so far he's got one goal more than Modric ;)

also if the FIFA country rankings are anything to go by you have countries like croatia, denmark, switzerland, russia and even greece ahead of France at the moment.

Well Saudi Sportswashing Machine have bought a few French players and them to have no problem looking good in this league. And what about St?®phane Sess?¿gnon? I would suggest St?®phane Sess?¿gnon has been mighty impressive, arguably Sunderland's best player this season. Methinks you need to re-evaluate your statement

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed that Lille playmaker Eden Hazard is one of the club's summer transfer targets.

Hazard is one of European football's brightest talents and the 21-year-old is widely expected to leave French champions Lille at the end of the season.

The Belgium international is keen to make the Premier League his next port of call and has been linked with the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Reports in France recently claimed that Spurs had won the race to snap up Hazard, who subsequently confirmed he would be open to moving to White Hart Lane.

Redknapp has now admitted he has discussed the prospect of adding Hazard to his squad and any deal would be a coup for Spurs given the level of interest in the schemer.

"Hazard is a player that we have spoken about," said Redknapp.

"He is a player who is definitely on our list.

"We spoke about him a few weeks ago. We started talking about possibly getting him in then."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7531150/

cabaye has done well, but Gervinho has been patchy at best, considering he was supposed to be the finest in the french league for a long time.

red card, diving, significant misses etc... and so far he's got one goal more than Modric ;)

also if the FIFA country rankings are anything to go by you have countries like croatia, denmark, switzerland, russia and even greece ahead of France at the moment.

Gervinho has never been the best of Ligue 1 and he has never been a prolific scorer. He was scoring more when he was moved into a striking position but when he was playing on the wings he never really scored. Having said that, he has had some bad misses for the scum... Shame.

It's not really about the pure productivity - after all, if a player's the team's go-to guy, then he'll likely post big numbers even while having a terrible conversion ratio (can you tell I'm American? :-") So it's more about the intangible qualities like vision, passing, movement, skill etc, and Cabaye was pretty well regarded for his 'soft' qualities before coming here. Remy on the other hand is considered to rely more on his physical traits (unsurprisingly he gets as few touches on the ball as Bent/Defoe). Gervinho wasn't exactly repped for his amazing movement or clinicalness either - his individual skill and pace were the highlights in the media.

Regardless of the league, I think the key is to look for the intangible qualities rather than the dribbling, the tricks, the goals and assists. It's easy for players to get hyped because they're constantly beating four players at once, even if they lose the ball half the time by dribbling down blind alleys or if they miss clever runs because they're so used to relying on their own pace/skill rather than working with the team.

I'm a bit wary of Hazard in this regard, because it's always his skill that's highlighted rather than, say, his movement or decision-making. He's likely massively overpriced because of his hype and age. OTOH, he's also been noted for good workrate and a coolness that's unusual for his age, and if it's true he's much more interested in developing his game than making big money at a glamour club, then he has the right attitude.

It's not really about the pure productivity - after all, if a player's the team's go-to guy, then he'll likely post big numbers even while having a terrible conversion ratio (can you tell I'm American? :-") So it's more about the intangible qualities like vision, passing, movement, skill etc, and Cabaye was pretty well regarded for his 'soft' qualities before coming here. Remy on the other hand is considered to rely more on his physical traits (unsurprisingly he gets as few touches on the ball as Bent/Defoe). Gervinho wasn't exactly repped for his amazing movement or clinicalness either - his individual skill and pace were the highlights in the media.

Regardless of the league, I think the key is to look for the intangible qualities rather than the dribbling, the tricks, the goals and assists. It's easy for players to get hyped because they're constantly beating four players at once, even if they lose the ball half the time by dribbling down blind alleys or if they miss clever runs because they're so used to relying on their own pace/skill rather than working with the team.

I'm a bit wary of Hazard in this regard, because it's always his skill that's highlighted rather than, say, his movement or decision-making. He's likely massively overpriced because of his hype and age. OTOH, he's also been noted for good workrate and a coolness that's unusual for his age, and if it's true he's much more interested in developing his game than making big money at a glamour club, then he has the right attitude.

Work rate and "coolness" goes a long way towards helping a player develop those intangible qualities you are looking for.

Players with great off the ball movement often gets at least part of that from stamina and other parts from just being willing to put the work in to improve in that regard.

Vision, or creativity is just about always combined with great skill and technique. It's amazing how much more time you have to spot a pass when you can look up before receiving the ball because you trust your first touch and how a great first touch brings you into the space where you can execute that pass. Sure, there are players with great skill and technique who never develop that creativity, but you never get that creativity without the skill.

Crap, I'm getting really excited about Hazard now and it's way too early for that.

Well Saudi Sportswashing Machine have bought a few French players and them to have no problem looking good in this league. And what about St?®phane Sess?¿gnon? I would suggest St?®phane Sess?¿gnon has been mighty impressive, arguably Sunderland's best player this season. Methinks you need to re-evaluate your statement

Perhaps you're right, i should have qualified my statement a bit more.

Sessegnon, Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc. cost around ?ú5 million each were good value.

Gervinho at ?ú10, not sure if we'd like him to start for Spurs on that money and that kind of returns.

Hazard at ?ú33, maybe he's worth it, but its sure a lot of money to spend on any 21 year old.

Work rate and "coolness" goes a long way towards helping a player develop those intangible qualities you are looking for.

Players with great off the ball movement often gets at least part of that from stamina and other parts from just being willing to put the work in to improve in that regard.

Vision, or creativity is just about always combined with great skill and technique. It's amazing how much more time you have to spot a pass when you can look up before receiving the ball because you trust your first touch and how a great first touch brings you into the space where you can execute that pass. Sure, there are players with great skill and technique who never develop that creativity, but you never get that creativity without the skill.

Crap, I'm getting really excited about Hazard now and it's way too early for that.

Well, the workrate part is a little iffy - there have been managers (like his NT manager) who have criticized his workrate. And it can be a bit hard to define - for example, I think Bale is a very hard-working runner and can cover a lot of ground, but I also often moan his lack of pressing when we don't have the ball. I guess a more specific question would be, is Hazard a willing presser? Because a crap ton of our chances are conceded from the flanks.

Skill is great, but vision seems to be even rarer. I can think of plenty of wonderful dribblers blessed with individual technique but unable to fully exploit it because of their poor decision-making and lack of awareness, and it seems to afflict pacy AMs the most. I'd rather have a Silva, ie a player known more for his touch and astute passing than his tricks. I think intelligence, and movement are not something easily learned even with a great coach, while workrate and strength can always be worked on.

In truth even disregarding vision, I'm really not sure of Hazard's first touch or crossing/passing technique at all - everything I've seen of him has focused on his ability to beat a man a la Messi, mixed in with a few fancy rabonas. I'm a bit wary in that regard - but then again any major transfer is always a risk, and his pace alone could be useful in the PL. (GHod knows plenty of mediocre players have been productive here thanks to their pace.)

Gervinho at ?ú10, not sure if we'd like him to start for Spurs on that money and that kind of returns.

Hazard at ?ú33, maybe he's worth it, but its sure a lot of money to spend on any 21 year old.

33 quid would be a bargain.

There's no way Hazard is worth 33m if Shaqiri went for 8m (what a bargain for Bayern!). I can't see us agreeing to spend over 22m on him unless it includes add-ons and sell-ons. If Real/Barca and no other CL club in the PL come in (ideal scenario - Liverpool and Arse don't make fourth, Chelsea stick with Mata and Sturridge, City are too overloaded with attackers, Lille don't make top 3), I think we have a decent chance of pushing the price down to the lower-to-mid-20 million plus add-ons. Only annoyance is United.

Our record is still 16.5m for Modric 8) Times have changed but we these days we look amazingly frugal compared to our rivals.

looks like Damiao has also said Spurs are after him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7531650/

Brazilian sensation Leandro Damiao has claimed that Tottenham have lodged an offer for him.

Spurs have long been linked with the Internacional striker, who is widely tipped to move to Europe this summer.

The 22-year-old, who has a hugely impressive goal-scoring record in Brazil with more than a goal every other game, has been linked with the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United and most recently Paris Saint Germain.
But Spurs have always held an interest and now, speaking to the French media, Damiao has insisted they have made an offer.

"I am not aware of anything for an offer from Paris SG. I have had no contact with PSG or Leonardo [sporting director]," he said in an interview with Telefoot.

"For now, I think about my club and the Copa Libertadores. In July, if a proposal comes, it will be discussed.

"All that I know is that Tottenham have made an offer."

we should check out the Bundesliga

Herrmann, Marin and maybe Holtby could be signed for less than 12 mill and all 3 are very decent talents

we should check out the Bundesliga

Herrmann, Marin and maybe Holtby could be signed for less than 12 mill and all 3 are very decent talents

Julian Draxler's a decent prospect as well. The Bundesliga has some great players, and is (in my opinion) on course to overtake the PL as the most exciting league in the world, judging by its sheer unpredictability in recent seasons. Even Bayern have lost that invincible look that they once had.

But yes, returning to the topic, I'd rather spend 33 million on Eden Hazard than on Andy Carroll. ;)

Drenthe

He is on a free transfer from madrid at the end of the season, maybe he could be next years demba ba. I think he has settled in well at everton and come to terms with english football.

Looks back to the player he was a few seasons ago, would be great to pick up a player on a free who could perform straight away in english football, i think him and holliet on frees and we could save a lot of money for a striker. Love drenthes game of power and speed, one of my favourites this season.

Back