• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

r.e. Ba

Sullivan reveals Ba exit clause

Hammers co-owner lifts the lid on Magpies striker's contract

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7535063/Sullivan-reveals-Ba-exit-clause

Last Updated: February 21, 2012 8:48am

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan believes Demba Ba is likely to exit Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer, with a clause in his contract set to leave the Magpies short.

The Hammers sold the Senegalese striker to Saudi Sportswashing Machine last summer, with relegation out of the Premier League forcing their hand.

Ba has been a revelation on Tyneside, with his goals largely responsible for the Magpies' ongoing bid to secure a top-four finish.

His efforts have been welcomed by the St James' Park faithful, making him a firm fans' favourite, but his exploits have not gone unnoticed elsewhere.

Speculation regarding his future and an apparent release clause in his contract first surfaced ahead of the January transfer window, and is expected to return to the fore.

Get-out clause

Sullivan has now revealed that were a move to be pushed through, Saudi Sportswashing Machine would only pocket half of any fee involved.

The rest of the cash will go to Ba, meaning the Magpies could be left with just ?ú3.5million were a rival club to match his ?ú7m release fee.

"They keep denying it, but I think you'll see in the summer he will leave Saudi Sportswashing Machine or he'll get a monstrous rise to stay there," said Sullivan.

"I'm told he's got a ?ú7m get-out clause and he gets half the money of that.

"If they get about ?ú4m, half will go to him. So if they sell him for ?ú7m, they'll only get about three because they paid his agent ?ú2m to get him out of here."

Sullivan can fudge off. No one cares what he or his other dildo brother or that filthy pirate hooker says.

The main thing about Hoillet is how often he finds someone in the box, even when under pressure. To do as well as he's done in such a brick team is admirable, and would perhaps step it up a level or two around better quality players. To be disappointed by getting a young quality versatile winger on a free would be an odd one.

Sullivan can fudge off. No one cares what he or his other dildo brother or that filthy pirate hooker says.

The main thing about Hoillet is how often he finds someone in the box, even when under pressure. To do as well as he's done in such a brick team is admirable, and would perhaps step it up a level or two around better quality players. To be disappointed by getting a young quality versatile winger on a free would be an odd one.

Just can't see the point in allocating wages and another squad spot toward a player who is very much similar to lennon but worse. Seems to have taken us an age to shift our squad players to free up spaces and this is a step backwards

Just can't see the point in allocating wages and another squad spot toward a player who is very much similar to lennon but worse. Seems to have taken us an age to shift our squad players to free up spaces and this is a step backwards

I don't know if I agree with that at all he has better end product then Lennon imo. I understand the importance Azza brings with giving us width but his end product we have been waiting to improve for years now and it hasn't. Hoilett has 3 goals 6 assists in a brick squad and has been unlucky not to have more he is younger and I am not sure how you can see Lennon is that much better than him.

I don't know if I agree with that at all he has better end product then Lennon imo. I understand the importance Azza brings with giving us width but his end product we have been waiting to improve for years now and it hasn't. Hoilett has 3 goals 6 assists in a brick squad and has been unlucky not to have more he is younger and I am not sure how you can see Lennon is that much better than him.

Stats are subjective, more often than not being in a brick team can make a mediocre player look amazing as opposed to the vice versa.

Stats are subjective, more often than not being in a brick team can make a mediocre player look amazing as opposed to the vice versa.

Fair enough but every time I have watched Blackburn this year he has been a major threat he has a very direct style of play

Fair enough but every time I have watched Blackburn this year he has been a major threat he has a very direct style of play

I don't doubt he's a useful player but the point I was trying to make is he is not the kind of player that's going to push us on, we've already got players in his mould and I suspect he'd be more of a Pienaar than a Bale in terms of impact

I understand the importance Azza brings with giving us width but his end product we have been waiting to improve for years now and it hasn't

:eek::eek::eek:

lennon picks out a man more often than not. more than most wingers i see to be honest
granted we dont score enough goals off them - and I dont take this opinion and conclude that hoillett is brick and should never be bought - but to suggest Lennon hasnt improved is imo very wide of the mark
not only has he regularly picked people out he has shown glimpses of fixing the most glaring hole in his game - goalscoring. Will never get 20 in a season like Bale, but has shown that if fit for the whole seaosn he could get 10+

:eek::eek::eek:

lennon picks out a man more often than not. more than most wingers i see to be honest
granted we dont score enough goals off them - and I dont take this opinion and conclude that hoillett is brick and should never be bought - but to suggest Lennon hasnt improved is imo very wide of the mark
not only has he regularly picked people out he has shown glimpses of fixing the most glaring hole in his game - goalscoring. Will never get 20 in a season like Bale, but has shown that if fit for the whole seaosn he could get 10+

I must be watching a different player more often than not he hits the first man and results in a corner (which we are useless at) I wonder how you can figure he can score 10 goals a season when he has had 3 a season for the past few years. He is about to turn 25 and should be entering his prime but he hasn't really pushed on. He was a regular in the England team 4 years ago now he isn't even in the squad. I think he is the one player most overrated at Spurs. Look at how much stick Walcott gets but he is still having a more productive season than Lennon statistically again. I think Hoilett would instantly challenge him for his spot in the team and if I were to pick one weak link in our starting 11 it would be him.

Doesn't Ba have some significant injury that could flare up anytime? Or was that ITK flimflam? He's seemed fine this season. OT, Drenthe looks decent but limited at the moment, certainly couldn't replace lennon atm, maybe as a bench impact player

Always thought that he is massively over-rated - great skills but very slow. Like Stephane Dalmat, I think he belongs more in a circus than on a football pitch

Doesn't Ba have some significant injury that could flare up anytime? Or was that ITK flimflam? He's seemed fine this season. OT, Drenthe looks decent but limited at the moment, certainly couldn't replace lennon atm, maybe as a bench impact player

But the point of signing players like drenthe and hoilett is not to replace bale or Enron but to add some extra pace to the squad in the absence through form or injury of our two first choice wingers. A big problem that we face when bale or Lennon are out is a lack of pack players to replace them. IMO our best performances over the last few years have been founded on the speed and power of our players, and squad mates such as kranckjar and pienaar are not like for like replacements (although it is good to have players that enable us to alter our playing style.)

If we can improve on our first choice wide players then great but players of that calibre are not easily obtainable, and an alternative solution which is therefore worth investigating is gambling on signings that have the potential to improve when playing alongside better footballers.

Cover for Lennon?

Wondering why this has never been addressed by Redknapp? Bentley was understudy but left to spammers and we haven't got cover for Lennon? When he doesn't play we're so narrow. We've got NK and Townsend for Bale so why no one on the right flank??

Lennon is a rare player and there aren't any real quality options.

I think at this stage of the season Harry tends to be less keen to look to inexperienced players like Townsend. The main alternative to Lennon for pace on the right is Bale so that seems to be the most likely "cover". If Lennon is out Nico comes in but we still see the wing switching thing.

How far off is Bentley from fitness? I'd actually say his original signing wasn't the disaster it might appear... Granted he has been a disappointment but within weeks of his arrival Aaron recovered from a lengthy dip in form.

Could be that there's never been anyone available who ticks all the right boxes: needs to be good enough player, who doesn't mind being on the bench, for a reasonable price (in both transfer fee and in wages).

How far off is Bentley from fitness? I'd actually say his original signing wasn't the disaster it might appear... Granted he has been a disappointment but within weeks of his arrival Aaron recovered from a lengthy dip in form.
I know he's never hit the heights for us we hoped for, but I'll always have time for Bentley as when Lennon got injured in 09/10 Bentley came in and was decent cover while Lennon was out. Did a solid job helping us get fourth place that season.

Always came across as a true Yiddo too. If we had bought him for ?ú5m and not ?ú15m I think he would still be a really popular member of the squad.

Agree with both of you. Wouldn't mind seeing Bentley come in for a couple games if he's fit and Lennon isn't to stretch the play.

Back