• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Tottenham are among the clubs chasing Fiorentina contract rebel Adem Ljajic, according to reports in Italy.

The attacker has failed to agree an extension on his deal, which runs out in June, and Fiorentina are losing patience.

The Italian club are loath to lose him for nothing should he see out the remaining 11 months on his contract and it has now been reported that they are ready to sell.

Fiorentina feel Ljajic currently commands a transfer fee of around £12m but know his value would plummet quite dramatically should they wait until January.

Atletico Madrid and Lyon are both monitoring the situation while it has been reported that Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is also considering a cut-price deal.

The 21-year-old was wanted by Everton under former manager David Moyes and it remains to be seen whether new boss Roberto Martinez will reignite the Merseysiders' interest.

any good??? creative at all, because thats what we desperately need

Lisandro and Soldado were my front two in FM2010 - just sayin'.

The speed we're moving at and with Suarez wanting to speak to Arse, we need to get moving with Soldado otherwise Liverpool will soon need a CF and have a big pile of cash to through Valencia's way

If we needed funds, couldn't we do a sale and leaseback of some of our players.

In fact why not sell them to a third party, who could borrow the money to acquire them and then parcel up that debt with other borrowing to fund the acquisition of other players and sell it on to retail investors.

(Or, given that the value of player may go up and down - we could have derivative market based on the value of players.)

OK I'm bored, but the sale and leaseback seems feasible.

If we needed funds, couldn't we do a sale and leaseback of some of our players.

In fact why not sell them to a third party, who could borrow the money to acquire them and then parcel up that debt with other borrowing to fund the acquisition of other players and sell it on to retail investors.

(Or, given that the value of player may go up and down - we could have derivative market based on the value of players.)

OK I'm bored, but the sale and leaseback seems feasible.

Third party ownership is not allowed in the Premier League.

Also, where is the bonus for the other side in a sale and leaseback? They pay for our players yet they don't get to play them.

Third party ownership is not allowed in the Premier League.

Also, where is the bonus for the other side in a sale and leaseback? They pay for our players yet they don't get to play them.

Isn't a bit like renting out a house. I don't get to live in the house I own and rent out. But I do get get a) rental b) capital appreciation. And presumably there would be an advantage from an accounting point of view for the club.

Although the fact that you can't have third party ownership renders it hypothetical anyway.

Isn't a bit like renting out a house. I don't get to live in the house I own and rent out. But I do get get a) rental b) capital appreciation. And presumably there would be an advantage from an accounting point of view for the club.

Although the fact that you can't have third party ownership renders it hypothetical anyway.

Sure, but you can make the money back on a ahouse over 50 years. Players have a very limited shelf life.

Re: 'READ ONLY' Tottenham Transfer Rumours

How come Swansea's Michu is not being linked with anyone, including us ? Thought he had a brilliant season last season. Not sure if he is a one-season wonder but won't mind having him at Spurs if it means replacing the unreliable Adebayor.

Also, how about Klaas-Jan Huntelaar ? A few years ago, almost all the big clubs wanted him. But he is now playing at relatively small club Schalke 04. Is the fact he will be 30 this year and only scored 10 goals last season means he is no longer wanted by big clubs ?

Re: 'READ ONLY' Tottenham Transfer Rumours

How come Swansea's Michu is not being linked with anyone, including us ? Thought he had a brilliant season last season. Not sure if he is a one-season wonder but won't mind having him at Spurs if it means replacing the unreliable Adebayor.

Also, how about Klaas-Jan Huntelaar ? A few years ago, almost all the big clubs wanted him. But he is now playing at relatively small club Schalke 04. Is the fact he will be 30 this year and only scored 10 goals last season means he is no longer wanted by big clubs ?

I was yelling for Michu too, but apparently he just signed a new contract a little while ago, so off the market for now.

As for Huntelaar, he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in Germany (just behind Dortmund and Bayern, with a 62,000 seater stadium, massive revenues and a history of success and CL football) and is a poacher first and foremost. Both of those things mean we likely aren't interested in him.

And just for the record, I personally think Schalke are 'bigger' than us, if only just. That might change depending on how we do in the next couple of seasons, but as of now, any player offered the choice between Schalke and Spurs on purely sporting terms (atmosphere, CL/non-CL club, chances of silverware, etcetera) would probably choose Schalke over us. When you add wages (we can offer more) and location (London versus Gelsenkirchen), we edge closer to them, but I'd still put them slightly ahead.

weve been linked with Huntelaar for yonks......when he was at Ajax apparently we tried to buy him, then when he was about to leave Real, then the summer we signed Crouch we were linked heavily to Huntelaar just as he was leaving AC Milan to go to Schalke...i think had we firmed up our interest on all those occasions and went all out to get him we would have by now.

Back