• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Re: 'READ ONLY' Tottenham Transfer Rumours

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327427/Tottenham-lodge-20m-bid-for-Valencia-star-Roberto-Soldado

Valencia president Amadeo Salvo confirmed he had received a new bid from Tottenham.

But he added: “The English team knows the situation. Valencia needs money. But we don’t have to sell our best player.”

Spurs hope a deal can be struck, especially as Valencia have been forced to search for a sponsor to help fund the new deal they’ve offered Soldado.

The player is set to meet club officials on Monday to discuss his future.

Jason Burt in today's Telegraph:

Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool have all inquired about the £20 million-rated Brazilian forward Bernard.

The Premier League trio face competition from Porto and Shakhtar Donestk for the 20-year-old who is set to leave his present club, Atletico Mineiro, after the Copa Libertadores final second leg on July 24.

That match is a trigger date for negotiations to begin in earnest to sign Bernard, who broke into the senior Brazil national team last season and is part of Luiz Felipe Scolari’s plans for the World Cup finals next summer.

Bernard has been admired by Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas for some time, indeed he urged the club to make a bid last summer, but they face stiff competition from a number of other leading clubs throughout Europe.

Bernard is a quick wide player, who can also come inside, primarily from the left, and although there have been some concerns about his size – he is just 5ft  5in – he has developed into an exciting, goal-scoring attacker. Even so demanding a fee of £20 million would appear to be high for a player who may take some time to adjust to the pace and power of the Premier League.

Nevertheless Arsenal and Liverpool have also now joined the bidding with Bernard having already hinted that he is ready to leave after the return leg against Paraguay’s Olimpia next Wednesday.

Spurs are also considering cheaper options for the role – including FC   Twente’s Nacer Chadli, who is in the final year of his contract and would cost significantly less than Bernard. So far Spurs have not made a bid for the 23-year-old Belgium international winger who is also wanted by Shakhtar.

Spurs remain in the market for a top-class striker, with Emmanuel Adebayor up for sale, but suffered a blow with Christian Benteke withdrawing his transfer request and signing a new deal at Aston Villa. Spurs had bid £18   million for Benteke and were considering an improved bid later in the window. However they were unlikely to meet Villa’s expected asking price of £25  million.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...a-reject-Liverpool-bid-for-Ryan-Bertrand.html

Jason Burt in today's Telegraph:

Spurs are also considering cheaper options for the role – including FC   Twente’s Nacer Chadli, who is in the final year of his contract and would cost significantly less than Bernard. So far Spurs have not made a bid for the 23-year-old Belgium international winger who is also wanted by Shakhtar.

Spurs remain in the market for a top-class striker, with Emmanuel Adebayor up for sale, but suffered a blow with Christian Benteke withdrawing his transfer request and signing a new deal at Aston Villa. Spurs had bid £18   million for Benteke and were considering an improved bid later in the window. However they were unlikely to meet Villa’s expected asking price of £25  million. [/I]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...a-reject-Liverpool-bid-for-Ryan-Bertrand.html

so if Burt is AVB's press mouthpiece as Gutter claims, then the Bernard interest is over with the possible imminent signing of Chadli, and Levy wanting to increase his bid later in the window for Benteke actually backfired as Lambert got the chance to convince Benteke to stay

Re: Nacer Chadli

i would hazard a guess that if we were in for Benteke then we would have been prepared to have re break our transfer record, at the very least, as it was pretty obvious from the outset Villa would have been asking for BIG bucks.

but who's to say we were actually in for him? jjetset from the internet?

We could have quite easily have made an inquiry, quoted a price and that was that. I'll believe it when a bid is formally made and is made public or better yet...when the player has our kit on.

Re: Nacer Chadli

but who's to say we were actually in for him? jjetset from the internet?

We could have quite easily have made an inquiry, quoted a price and that was that. I'll believe it when a bid is formally made and is made public or better yet...when the player has our kit on.

true, trouble is these days public bids are few and far between so there's no way of knowing for sure

a link to another big boy midfielder........

Tottenham Hotspur have joined the race to sign Inter Milan's French starlet Frederic Injai, with Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen also in hot pursuit.

According to reports in France, Inter midfielder Injai, 17, is close to move out of Italy.

A graduate of the prestigious French Clairefontaine academy, Injai is expected to enter negotiations with German side Leverkusen in the coming days.

However Spurs are also understood to be keen on signing the player who, at 6ft 4 inches tall, has already earned comparisons with Barcelona defensive-midfielder Alex Song.

Injai is expected to favour a move to north London in order to link up with Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, who has a track record of promoting young talent.

The thing I find funny most about this window is the lack of transfer speculation involving anyone from Benfica, they have some very good players but why the lack of speculation.

I thought about this when I saw the stuff about Eduardo Salvio, but what about Gaitan, Rodrigo, Perez, Matic, Garay and of course Cardozo.

The thing I find funny most about this window is the lack of transfer speculation involving anyone from Benfica, they have some very good players but why the lack of speculation.

I thought about this when I saw the stuff about Eduardo Salvio yesterday, but what about Gaitan, Rodrigo, Perez, Matic, Garay and of course Cardozo.

Benfica demand mega money for their players

Tottenham Hotspur consider Lisandro Lopez swoop

By Liam Power, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 05:55 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 05:55 UK

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly want Lyon forward Lisandro Lopez to challenge Roberto Soldado for a starting spot at White Hart Lane this season.

Spurs technical director Franco Baldini was pictured meeting with Soldado's agent Alberto Toldra yesterday, but will reportedly turn his attention to Lopez once a deal has been agreed.

Lopez came close to joining Spurs in January, and they now want to take advantage of the forward's contract situation to force through a cut-price move, according to The Mirror.

The 30-year-old has less than 12 months left on his current Lyon deal, with no plans currently in place for Remi Garde's side to offer the forward fresh terms.

In four seasons with Lyon the Argentine has scored 82 goals in 166 appearances, operating both as a central striker and winger during his time in France.

Tottenham Hotspur consider Lisandro Lopez swoop

By Liam Power, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 05:55 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 05:55 UK

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly want Lyon forward Lisandro Lopez to challenge Roberto Soldado for a starting spot at White Hart Lane this season.

Spurs technical director Franco Baldini was pictured meeting with Soldado's agent Alberto Toldra yesterday, but will reportedly turn his attention to Lopez once a deal has been agreed.

Lopez came close to joining Spurs in January, and they now want to take advantage of the forward's contract situation to force through a cut-price move, according to The Mirror.

The 30-year-old has less than 12 months left on his current Lyon deal, with no plans currently in place for Remi Garde's side to offer the forward fresh terms.

In four seasons with Lyon the Argentine has scored 82 goals in 166 appearances, operating both as a central striker and winger during his time in France.

I have to say that I have always thought Lopez looked a decent if not outstanding player when I have seen him. I wouldn't be against signing him alongside the hopeful purchase of Soldado although that would surely mean that someone is off from our current squad. £5m/£6m would probably do it and I think would be quite a shrewd signing.

I have to say that I have always thought Lopez looked a decent if not outstanding player when I have seen him. I wouldn't be against signing him alongside the hopeful purchase of Soldado although that would surely mean that someone is off from our current squad. £5m/£6m would probably do it and I think would be quite a shrewd signing.

very shrewd....he is a player that can make things happen, not so much with skill but with will and desire, he puts himself about and isnt afraid of the physical stuff.....I imagine he will be a bench player, and if we need some extra potency up front late in the game he can come on and play that left/right wing forward role in a 433

Lisandro is another one who can play wide and would be cheap. I wouldnt be against it. He's a good finisher and if we can bring one of him or Remy in along with someone like Soldado I'd be over the moon.

Back