• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

With Perisic, Lloris and Ndombele hopefully all leaving this summer, a large chunk of our wage budget will be freed up so I think wages might be less of an issue this summer.

Bigger issue could be perception of the club and trajectory, compared to other clubs coming in for players.
I'm not sure that Ndombele will be leaving. We're unlikely to find a club willing to take on his wages and I doubt Levy will want to realise a big loss on the books. The only possibility is perhaps a move out to Saudi perhaps and who knows whether Ndombele would be prepared to go to such a footballing backwater or if the Saudi's would consider him a big enough name to pay the massive wages to.

I think this is a massive miss, it seemed like a real open goal. Pretty much the ideal player, cheap and obtainable.

The poor guy is also going into 'third season Mourinho bin fire', when everything goes properly to brick.

Maybe, just maybe he isn’t all that? Out of all the clubs he could have gone to, he goes to Roma? Liverpool, PSG, Barcelona are all after cb’s yet non of them decided to go for this superstar on a free and a low wage? Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

I think this is a massive miss, it seemed like a real open goal. Pretty much the ideal player, cheap and obtainable.

The poor guy is also going into 'third season Mourinho bin fire', when everything goes properly to brick.

Who Mourinho the mastermind who wins wherever he goes? Tin pot Donald Trump at it again

Lost opportunity here. Really good player.
Yes, I'd been hoping we would sign him for around 18 months. Would've been the perfect partner for Romero on the left side in my opinion. Physical, fast enough and not bad on the ball (used to also play as a left back). I suspect any chance we had of getting him disappeared when we crashed our season by going rudderless for the last 10 games and missing out on European football next season.

Maybe, just maybe he isn’t all that? Out of all the clubs he could have gone to, he goes to Roma? Liverpool, PSG, Barcelona are all after cb’s yet non of them decided to go for this superstar on a free and a low wage? Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
Well if Liverpool, PSG and Barcelona happen to be in for a specific centre back then we're not going to get them anyway. We are competing with the likes of Roma for players (and they have the added carrot of Europa League football that we do not).

I don't disagree but I think falling to 8th and having new entrants in the top 6 with new owners willing to spend to get results will make us less attractive to really good players like laporte.

If Levy sticks to his budget as before, with the same wage structure... We can only end up with more Richarlisons, LoCelsos and Ndombeles.

With Ange - who also has no experience managing top level players - I think we we play to his strengths and invest in young players that we can develop into top players or for profit.

Those 3 weren't bad buys at the time, most people were excited about them. On the flipside that same budget also got us Kulu, Bentacur and Bissouma who apart from Bissouma have all been successful (and I expect he will be next season).

Lost opportunity here. Really good player.
Roma just reached a Euro final and qualified for Europe via the league.
It's not a missed opportunity. It was unlikely to be an option.

We are not at that table anymore. We are at the Victor Nelson type table and need to get back to the Roma table next season. Smart signings that are a bit less high profile is what we need.

Nelson from a lower league stepping up.
Raya stepping up in the PL.
Etc.

Those 3 weren't bad buys at the time, most people were excited about them. On the flipside that same budget also got us Kulu, Bentacur and Bissouma who apart from Bissouma have all been successful (and I expect he will be next season).
Those 4 also cost about £160m
I’d love us to spend that on 3 more players

We are not at that table anymore. We are at the Victor Nelson type table and need to get back to the Roma table next season. Smart signings that are a bit less high profile is what we need.

Etc.

We've also been linked with the Brazilian CB at Roma so perhaps we might step that up now that Roma have a CB coming in?

Etc.
N'dingdongative.

Back