• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

I've always liked Lloris apart from his major roosterup with the booze..I would think he,s a good backup goalie..
and would want to prove a thing or two.

He's non hg. We can only have 17 non hg players in the squad. Who are you willing to let go to make space for him? Or we can keep use forster as backup who looked better than lloris last season. Less wages aswell.

Here is a list of our players.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/kader/verein/148

He's non hg. We can only have 17 non hg players in the squad. Who are you willing to let go to make space for him? Or we can keep use forster as backup who looked better than lloris last season. Less wages aswell.
At any cost, looks like he's still on the books until Friday!

No I honestly think with the above additions we could really do something this season
We're a couple of injuries away from Dier playing again

And that's very true, the problem is you think you can predict which/where the injuries will happen, you can't and every team including City/Madrid/etc. have one or two positions where an injury will really hurt.

We need a lot of players out and we need a couple of players in, the question rotates around who is available and do you got for first team or depth. I'd argue a striker and winger that Ange could leverage to start might be more useful than another backup CB

But lets be clear -> Vicario, Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison, Son, Richarlison, Kulu is a lineup of 1 player here from more than 3 seasons ago, 2 from more than 2?

And that's very true, the problem is you think you can predict which/where the injuries will happen, you can't and every team including City/Madrid/etc. have one or two positions where an injury will really hurt.

We need a lot of players out and we need a couple of players in, the question rotates around who is available and do you got for first team or depth. I'd argue a striker and winger that Ange could leverage to start might be more useful than another backup CB

But lets be clear -> Vicario, Porro, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison, Son, Richarlison, Kulu is a lineup of 1 player here from more than 3 seasons ago, 2 from more than 2?
I don't have any faith in the reliability of our back up CHs. (Maybe Davies, as he's the definition of reliable).
Any long term injury to Romero or VDV would be costly imo.

If we can sign a CH plus a CF/WF then happy days for this window.

Ma

Anyone else think he might be tough to find another CB before the window shuts? I think we had the chance to get Tapsoba or Tosin etc earlier in preseason but surely they would have seen VDV slotting in nicely and wonder if they would start now?
Would be good to shift out Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga but might be hard to bring another one in.

Who knows, maybe we'll have to make do with Davies as back up, or Phillips will need to step in and play a part this season.

Anyone else think he might be tough to find another CB before the window shuts? I think we had the chance to get Tapsoba or Tosin etc earlier in preseason but surely they would have seen VDV slotting in nicely and wonder if they would start now?
Would be good to shift out Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga but might be hard to bring another one in.

Who knows, maybe we'll have to make do with Davies as back up, or Phillips will need to step in and play a part this season.

Think it will be difficult as teams will have little time to replace them. Although deadline day looks like it's going to be mental. With probably a few contracts being cancelled and players let go for free.

He is bang on, people always grind on about where a player has played, having top league experience but those players still have had to come from somewhere, they didn't just magically become those players from the off. It's about ignoring the noise and having the conviction to be the club or manager that takes those players and work with them.

I don't also think playing at the level automatically makes you as good as people make out, that's why you sometimes see the same players pop up at clubs that end up being relegated.

Sometimes all feels abit lazy and safe, abit like managers too
I've said it before. There are a few "super class" players, like Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Kane, Salah etc. But in the level just below that, there are thousands of players who are incredibly gifted, with little difference in their individual ability. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, but all in all, there's not much difference in their ability. Then it's a matter of finding those who fit your system, have the right attitude and so on. And in that bracket, there's a lot to choose from, and many are not playing for a top club.

Yes, especially as we’ve switched to four at the back. When we were playing with 3CBs there’d always be an option but not so much now.

But we do need cover. looks like Davo can do it, as could Davies on the left at a push, but it feels like quite a big drop-off if one of the first two are out.

Yes, especially as we’ve switched to four at the back. When we were playing with 3CBs there’d always be an option but not so much now.

But we do need cover. looks like Davo can do it, as could Davies on the left at a push, but it feels like quite a big drop-off if one of the first two are out.
Davies shouldn't be considered as cover at CB and Sanchez only at a push.
We really do need another CB , if we dont get another body through the door it will come back to bite us.

So Lukaka was supposed to sign for Inter but tinkled them off getting into bed with Juve to then find out they had a headache and didn’t want to deal with Chelsea and now he is signing for Roma? What a mess.

I still hope we sign a proper striker rather than a wide forward we can play there, even if they're not 1st choice we need to be able to switch it up and have an out and out forward available.

Think @Lilbaz made the point that cover for Maddison is maybe most important. If we can sell GLC - which we should - then bringing in a player who can attack and add to Maddison's threat is needed.

After tonight a CB is clearly needed too. Unless that kid from Blackburn is playing well in training.

Think @Lilbaz made the point that cover for Maddison is maybe most important. If we can sell GLC - which we should - then bringing in a player who can attack and add to Maddison's threat is needed.

After tonight a CB is clearly needed too. Unless that kid from Blackburn is playing well in training.

(Maybe don't look at todays game).

(Maybe don't look at todays game).

I think it is the one positive. Tonights game showed who can cut the mustard and who can't. Players like GLC can be decent on their day. Players like Royal - one of the best defenders I've seen play RB. But woeful in possesion and attack. Sanchez too - a very good CB when comfortable and when his head is right. But Ange now knows he is not dependable. That is useful in some respects. Ange has answers to some questions now.

All of these players need shifting if we want to progress. And we need to add one attacker and one defender for this season. Plenty more later. But to start off with I think we will add two players.

Back