• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

I have been told (by a high up at a PL club who have fended off several offers for their players over the last two months) that this summer's activity is very much the opening salvo; the Saudis are using the current signings to legitimise the league before making bids for the big, young stars in the next few years. The aim is to become one of the top five global leagues asap (I believe this has been widely reported).
As some other posters are saying, if the global audience can watch them online, the only thing stopping this taking off is players' reluctance to play in that environment, for made up clubs while legitimising that regime. Err.....

If that meant an even playing field for teams in England or in Europe for that matter, I'd sign with both hands. Quite frankly, supporting Spurs hasn't been a more pleasant experience these past couple of years than it was in the early 90s. We won more games but the feeling's the same.

Unfortunately, it will probably have the opposite effect: if they get their wish, part of the TV money will be diverted to their new league, a lot of lesser clubs will fold and selling someone to the Saudis will be the equivalent of qualifying for the Champions League - except, this time, there will be zero sporting criteria. Some clubs will get lucky and hit the jackpot and grow bigger because of that.

Hopefully, it won't come to that.

I have been told (by a high up at a PL club who have fended off several offers for their players over the last two months) that this summer's activity is very much the opening salvo; the Saudis are using the current signings to legitimise the league before making bids for the big, young stars in the next few years. The aim is to become one of the top five global leagues asap (I believe this has been widely reported).
As some other posters are saying, if the global audience can watch them online, the only thing stopping this taking off is players' reluctance to play in that environment, for made up clubs while legitimising that regime. Err.....

Also heard today one company owns five teams and they have been sharing the buys this summer.

Isak has played in Germany, Spain and England.

The UEFA league rankings/co-efficient are:

Tier 1 - England, Spain, Germany, Italy

Tier 2 - France, Holland, Portugal, Belgium

5 games 0 goals (13 games 1 goal in all comps) in his 2 years at Dortmund is not really doing the business though, But I get your point that he's more battle tested

Back