• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

Am I the only one confused by the Buttner loan discussions? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Is he better than Rose? If so I could see a loan deal being good for him and United if we make him first choice. But why would they loan him to us and why would he come here to be a backup player for us, he might as well be a backup player there. But would we really go for a short term loan as our first choice and thus also halting Rose's development?

Nope. Makes no sense to me.

Seems like we have refused QPR permission to play Tom Carroll in the FA Cup. On the other hand, BAE has been allowed to play for them.

Could imply that we have no plans to call back BAE from his loan, but are still considering bringing Carroll back.

I think someone else posted that BAE is there for a year whereas we kept the option to bring Carroll back in January

Seems like we have refused QPR permission to play Tom Carroll in the FA Cup. On the other hand, BAE has been allowed to play for them.

Could imply that we have no plans to call back BAE from his loan, but are still considering bringing Carroll back.

Could very well be...

Wonder if Sherwood thinks he can trust Fryers or if we have someone else in mind.

More likely we want to give Carroll an EPL loan for the second half of the season.

No point bringing him back, he'd still be 7th choice CM.

More likely we want to give Carroll an EPL loan for the second half of the season.

Talk of selling/loaning Holtby and Siggy and bringing Tom back in, especially sing Sherwood is a big fan of his. Might also mean a loan move for Nabil, who could also represent Algeria in the WC if picked.

7th?

Bentaleb has been getting a fair amount of time on the pitch, if Sherwood rates Carroll higher than Bentaleb at this point I think there's a chance he will get some playing time.

Agree.

Indeed I'd be surprised if this is not happening . No pt to recall him if we play him only in cup games .

Only makes sense if we find the right club. No point in him going to Crystal Palace to stand 10 yards ahead of the centre backs when defending and watch the ball fly over his head when attacking. Most PL clubs that play a style that would suit Carroll already have players capable of playing that style that would probably be in the team ahead of Carroll.

Talk of selling/loaning Holtby and Siggy and bringing Tom back in, especially sing Sherwood is a big fan of his. Might also mean a loan move for Nabil, who could also represent Algeria in the WC if picked.

Interesting possibility.

Siggy will most likely see his chances limited if Sherwood is planning to play 4-4-2 most of the time. Holtby could really benefit from week in week out playing time.

If Carroll is rated higher than Bentaleb right now I think there's a chance we could bring back Carroll and let Bentaleb leave on a loan. Bentaleb also looks more athletic than Carroll so might find it easier to adapt to teams playing different styles of football?

Complex plan though, a lot of pieces to fit in to make all that happen in a positive way. Understandable why we've asked QPR not to play Carroll in the FA-cup, but not recalled him as of yet.

Interesting possibility.

Siggy will most likely see his chances limited if Sherwood is planning to play 4-4-2 most of the time. Holtby could really benefit from week in week out playing time.

If Carroll is rated higher than Bentaleb right now I think there's a chance we could bring back Carroll and let Bentaleb leave on a loan. Bentaleb also looks more athletic than Carroll so might find it easier to adapt to teams playing different styles of football?

Complex plan though, a lot of pieces to fit in to make all that happen in a positive way. Understandable why we've asked QPR not to play Carroll in the FA-cup, but not recalled him as of yet.

I think we'll get a clearer picture of things by early next week. I am sure Levy/Baldini will work harder/faster to make sure they give Tim with the most settled team they can. We've already seen Shaq go out on loan today and Simon Dawkins being sold to Derby aswell.

Tell you what, I never hated Redknapp the way some people here did. But he's working hard to change my mind on that. Using his column in The Sun to talk up the transfer of Vertonghen to Emirates Marketing Project? Seriously, what the hell is he up to? The disrespect and the lack of professionalism is beyond belief.

Arsehole.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...nham-ace-should-go-to-manchester-city-for-40/

I'll be honest with you, 40 million pounds is not far off what I would gladly sell Verts for. Perhaps 45 million would be a better price, but honestly, there's so many ball playing defenders emerging now (Chiriches included) that Verts' sale wouldn't prove as big a loss as Bale's or Modric's sales proved to be, provided we reinvest that money wisely.

Doesn't change the fact that Redknapp is, always has been and likely always will be an utter c*nt when it comes to spouting self-important nonsense about transfers he has nothing to do with, mind.

£40m would be insane money for him imo. Good player, but I'd be amazed if he went for that much money.

I'll be honest with you, 40 million pounds is not far off what I would gladly sell Verts for. Perhaps 45 million would be a better price, but honestly, there's so many ball playing defenders emerging now (Chiriches included) that Verts' sale wouldn't prove as big a loss as Bale's or Modric's sales proved to be, provided we reinvest that money wisely.

Doesn't change the fact that Redknapp is, always has been and likely always will be an utter c*nt when it comes to spouting self-important nonsense about transfers he has nothing to do with, mind.

Harry ****ed we are probably recalling Tom Carroll. lol

I'm not in massive disagreement with that (though I'd rather we hung onto our best players rather than sell them and fail to replace them adequately... Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale... and right now the last thing we need is to be even lighter in defence). My problem isn't with the figure quoted by Redknapp, it's with him quoting figures at all. He's effectively saying "Vertonghen is too good for Spurs and would better suit a big team like Emirates Marketing Project". No, he doesn't say that in so many words, but that's the essence of what he's saying. And for an ex-Spurs manager to write that in a tabloid is kind of out of order in my book. I'm old school I suppose, I still believe people should have an ounce or two of respect.

Shame Harry doesn't feel the same.

I'm not sure if its the whole being played a t left back for large chucks of the season but Verts never looks happy tbh. 40m is mad money but would we use it wisely?

We'd probably buy 4 10mil utility midfielders who could cover at CB if pushed.

I don't want us to sell Vertonghen, not even for £40m. We sold Bale for double that in the summer, a fee that was perhaps reasonable, and have since struggled without a player with that cutting edge.

We have signed good players, little doubt in that, but the team hasn't clicked and so our results have consequently been poor.

Why sell our best defender, to a team that we are aiming to rival, for any amount? We will weaken our side, improve theirs and this whole transitional period will take longer. When we get players of this quality, we should act to keep them whatever, otherwise we'll soon sell all of our top players and will never find either stability or success.

Back