• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

I think we have enough players that can cover that we don't want to add a LB just for the sake of it. It should be someone better than Rose and that might not be feasible at this moment in time due to availability and overpricing.

I think I agree...

Empty the bank accounts for Shaw, tell him we'll make him first choice for life and that helping us secure a place in the CL could get him on the plane to Brazil. (Sit back and wait for City or Chelsea to actually buy him).

Coentrao or that guy from Germany people rate so highly perhaps...

I think I agree...

Empty the bank accounts for Shaw, tell him we'll make him first choice for life and that helping us secure a place in the CL could get him on the plane to Brazil. (Sit back and wait for City or Chelsea to actually buy him).

Coentrao or that guy from Germany people rate so highly perhaps...

Yes, we could utilise that special relationship we have with RM. Ah well, thats him going to United then

Just watching City/Blackburn. Looking for a new LB, what about the guy playing for Rovers....'You're Spurr and you know you are' :-"

I think we should with the money from Capoue and Holtby get in Ravel Morrison. Continue with the British young core the team needs to adhere to regulations.

I like the idea of having Morrison, but really where would we play him. If we continue with this young talent we will have Townsend, Morrison, Eriksen and Lamela all to cram in a couple of positions. The only thing that you could suggest with that is playing one of them as a false 9.

Tottenham are ready to pull the plug on Etienne Capoue’s proposed move to Napoli.

Spurs only signed Capoue from Toulouse six months ago in a £9million deal, but has made just 13 appearances for the club.

Napoli manager Rafael Benitez was looking to sign a midfielder with his side ten points behind Serie A leaders Juventus, with Frenchman Capoue still one of his top targets.

Someone who could be on his way in to White Hart Lane, however, is Salomon Kalou.

Tottenham are for talks over a £2.6m deal for the former Chelsea forward.

The Ivory Coast international is ready to move back to the Premier League from Lille after Spurs boss Tim Sherwood declared his interest in the striker. Kalou is expected to hold talks in London on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540913/Spurs-block-favour-Capoues-Napoli-Benitez-wants-midfielders.html

I know. When he was at Chelsea I thought he was stealing a living as a footballer. Will be on ridiculous wages and nowhere near good enough to be a starter.

Didnt realise Kalou had a) gone to Lille and b) was a striker. hmmmmmmmmmm

But he may well be worth it, sit on the bench etc

For the same price I would still rather have Berbatov

Agree.

Most of this interview has been posted elsewhere on the forum but it appears that Baldini is on the job.

Sherwood admitted Tottenham's Director of Football Franco Baldini was busy working on deals behind the scenes.

He said: "I think Franco might be working in the background regarding a lot of transfers.

"We've had discussions, yes, but it's sometimes a case of supply and demand. We've got fantastic players here at the club and if we were to lose no-one I wouldn't be shedding any tears.

"But we have to understand that there is pressures from the end of the season with it being the World Cup. Players want to play but my priority is to keep us as strong and competitive as possible, and I wouldn't be making any decisions based on any national team."

Pressed on whether he was prepared to allow players to leave in search of first-team action, he added: "Yes absolutely. As long as they're the right players and the ones that I don't want to take us forwards, then I'm happy.

"You can only go with a certain amount of players, obviously the pressure's on because it's a World Cup year for a lot of these players.

"It's important that they're playing. We can't guarantee that they're going to get maximum game time, but we certainly won't be leaving ourselves short. If no-one left I wouldn't be shedding any tears over that either."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nsfer-news-tim-sherwood-3033097?#.UtldZxBFBgA

Here's another piece of top journalism from haircut 100.

Tottenham have made an approach to sign Shakhtar Donetsk play-maker Bernard on-loan until the end of the season.

Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has stepped up his hunt for new signings this week, with the club desperate to strengthen ahead of the second half of the season.

Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella is a top target, but it’s understood that Spurs are currently going all out to try and land highly-rated Brazilian attacker Bernard.

The 21-year-old move to Shakhtar in the summer for £20million, but he has yet to establish himself as a regular, and Sherwood hopes he can bag him on-loan.

Bernard’s agent has touted the player around various clubs in the hope of getting him regular game time ahead of the World Cup at the end of the season.

Tottenham would likely have to pay a hefty loan fee to push through the deal, but they have boosted their coffers by selling Jermain Defoe to Toronto, while Etienne Capoue is closing in on a £7million switch to Napoli.

Bernard, a 5’5” attacker who can play on the wing or behind the striker, has been a target for Arsenal and Barcelona.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/17/totte...rnard-on-loan-from-shakhtar-donetsk-4267322/?

Why???

Likely a BS story. With regards to TS quotes from the press conference, he can name Baldini as a way of deflecting all transfer questions. Quite nice really to have that excuse

Back