• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Win Groundsman of the Year Award

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Darren Baldwin has been named the Institute of Groundsmanship's (IOG) Professional Football Groundsman of the Year for 2013.

Our Grounds Manager faced stiff competition for the accolade from football groundsmen across the country. He was recently shortlisted for the award alongside Wembley Stadium's Tony Stones, before being announced as the winner at the IOG Industry Awards hosted at the Ricoh Arena last night.

The IOG is the leading membership organisation for all those involved in the management of sports pitches, landscape and amenity facilities with the awards judged by an independent panel on criteria that include effective use of resources, budgetary control, presentation and housekeeping standards, as well as environmental considerations.

Commenting on Darren's award, IOG CEO Geoff Webb said: “Darren has been a fantastic ambassador for groundsmanship – both on and off the pitch.

“He richly deserves the accolade of IOG Professional Football Groundsman of the Year. Over many years the pitch at Tottenham has been exceptional when it comes to standards of surfaces. He is always on hand to help others in the industry and this is a fantastic tribute to him and the Club."

Speaking on his achievement, Darren, who previously won the award in 2007, said: "The IOG awards are the pinnacle of our industry and I am absolutely honoured to win this award

"It is no one-man show by any means, however. We have a big team here at Spurs with a lot of pitches to look after and every single member of my team has played a part in this achievement - this award is as much theirs as it is mine. It demonstrates their dedication to the job because a lot of time and effort goes into what we do both at the stadium and the Training Centre."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/darren-wins-groundsman-of-year-award-061213/

Apparently the groundsman hates AVB and thinks his choice of continental footwear is damaging the technical area.

****. Some of our fans can't even bring themselves to congratulate the so called 'little guys' who help our club be run perfectly from day to day.

There's no hope.

**** it, let's slate the kit man while we're at it.

I love sarcasm as much as the next guy, but how about we get behind a club employee and say "Actually, yeah, the pitch is always in good nick - and no other clubs ever say they hate the WHL pitch, well done that man." Nah, let's be sarky as **** and boo the team again...

Pricks.

Pretty easy working on our teeny weeny pitch.

I think it restricts his abilities somewhat - on a bigger pitch he'd no doubt be able to express himself more fully - probably be the best in Europe if he had an extra couple of yards either end.

After the amount of money he spent this summer (completely ignoring that he made more than he spent) it's the least we could expect from him, just wish the patterns were prettier, those stripes are so boring.

^Let's not forget the new fleet of Flymo's he has had to get used to tbf - got to be an adjustment period where he gets up to scratch with what they can/cannot do.

Back