• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Besiktas OOMT ***

Rossi22

Pedro Mendes
Lloris, Vorm, McGee

Walker, Dier, Fazio, Kaboul, Chiriches, Rose, Davies

Stambouli, Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho, Onomah, Winks

Lamela, Chadli, Lennon, Townsend, Soldado

Re: Europa League - Besiktas (TUR), FK Partizan (SRB), Asteras (GRE)

Lloris, Vorm, McGee

Where was that taken from? Very believeable, though not sure why Fazio, Dier, Davies and Lamela have travelled - 5 of the likely team for the weekend (Verts, Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Eriksen) would appear to not have travelled.

Given we're through, I would have taken the bare 11 senior players and filled the bench with kids. I struggle to see the point of taking all 5 of those in the 4th row, plus 4 senior CMs plus 7 senior defenders all the way to Turkey - 5 of them will start on Sunday but will only have got back at stupid o'clock on Friday

Where was that taken from? Very believeable, though not sure why Fazio, Dier, Davies and Lamela have travelled - 5 of the likely team for the weekend (Verts, Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Eriksen) would appear to not have travelled.

Given we're through, I would have taken the bare 11 senior players and filled the bench with kids. I struggle to see the point of taking all 5 of those in the 4th row, plus 4 senior CMs plus 7 senior defenders all the way to Turkey - 5 of them will start on Sunday but will only have got back at stupid o'clock on Friday

Source:

>>>>>>>>>>>> https://twitter.com/SimonPeach <<<<<<<<<<<<

Poch is complaining about not having a full week with the players as well.
I was him I would have kept the entire team for sunday at home trained them and sent an assistant out to manage a second team in Turkey.

Poch is complaining about not having a full week with the players as well.
I was him I would have kept the entire team for sunday at home trained them and sent an assistant out to manage a second team in Turkey.

Yes, but unfortunately that suggestion is far too sensible.

Wow people must really care about tonight as there is still no OMT :lol:

Wow people must really care about tonight as there is still no OMT :lol:

Match talk outside the OMT? [-X

The OMT gods are not pleased and they weren't exactly happy to begin with. :bat:

Who needs the Champions League, this is SUCH an exciting fixture, eh?

It's a 6pm kick off so the program starts at 5.30 on ITV4 and loads of you London wazzers will miss it with your hefty commutes on that "public transport" thing I've read about

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?thistime=17&thisDay=12/11/2014&systemid=&gridspan=03:00&catColor=

As this is Serbia, is there any chance of demonstrations, violence, drones flying onto the pitch with Albanian flags and the like?

I predict a stuttering display with a sprinkling of genius mixed in with swathes of turgidity and a shambolic backline

Finally!

------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker-----Kaboul----Fazio-------Rose

----Stambouli--Capoue--Dembele-----

Lamela-------Soldado---------Chadli

Who needs the Champions League, this is SUCH an exciting fixture, eh?

It's a 6pm kick off so the program starts at 5.30 on ITV4 and loads of you London wazzers will miss it with your hefty commutes on that "public transport" thing I've read about

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?thistime=17&thisDay=12/11/2014&systemid=&gridspan=03:00&catColor=

As this is Serbia, is there any chance of demonstrations, violence, drones flying onto the pitch with Albanian flags and the like?

I predict a stuttering display with a sprinkling of genius mixed in with swathes of turgidity and a shambolic backline

Not Serbia mate - not to be confused with (Partizan) Belgrade.

Besiktas have arguably the best of fans in Turkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çarşı_(supporter_group)) - pronounced Charshi rather than karzie :D

Lloris, Vorm, McGee

With that side out, we might even win a league game.

Not Serbia mate - not to be confused with (Partizan) Belgrade.

Besiktas have arguably the best of fans in Turkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çarşı_(supporter_group)) - pronounced Charshi rather than karzie :D

Quite like this quote

Çarşı is not only a group lined at Kapalı… ,
Çarşı is everyone who feels the love of Beşiktaş.
Çarşı is a graffiti drawn on a New York Subway train,
a quote written on a wall in Prague,
love written on a hillside in Erzincan,
a black&white painting on the wall of an association in Adana,
a Çarşı Ulan mark on Galatasaray High School wall.

—Alp Batu Keçeci.[8]

Always had a little soft spot for besiktas, just like I have for inter, but in the end you only can have one club and that club is quite obviously spurs, despite the more lows than highs in my time supporting them.

Lloris, Vorm, McGee

Thoughts:

- Great to see Walker (and Townsend) back
- Capoue has obviously been partially rehabilitated back into the setup
- Great that Mason, Kane and Eriksen have been rested - they looked the most exhausted at the weekend
- I would like to have seen a young forward travel, perhaps a Ceballos, Oduwa or Miller

Oh yeah, Besiktas not Partizan! You can tell how pumped I am for this game, I'm on tenterhooks.

Will our fans get their thighs sliced open by thugs on scooters with curved blades, or attacked en masse in pubs for "being Jewish", or have plastic chairs thrown at them in a piazza whilst water cannons play in the winter sunshine?

I don't think their supporters have that kind of reputation Bullet, the game under Jol passed off without incident iirc

This game will be played at the Ataturk Stadium and not their home ground, Inonu Stadium, which is closed. A new stadium is scheduled to open next season.

WHy didn't we bring a young striker like Coulthirst? I would play the following mostly to get match fitness then bring on some yoof in the 2nd half

------------------------Vorm-------------------------

Walker---------Kaboul------Dier--------------Rose

----------------Stambouli-----Capoue-------------

Lamela----------------Paulinho---------------Townsend

--------------------Soldado-------------------------

I don't think any of those players will start Sunday (or shouldn't) besides maybe Soldado but hes our only striker

1-1 in a very dire affair is my prediction

Thoughts:

- Great to see Walker (and Townsend) back
- Capoue has obviously been partially rehabilitated back into the setup
- Great that Mason, Kane and Eriksen have been rested - they looked the most exhausted at the weekend
- I would like to have seen a young forward travel, perhaps a Ceballos, Oduwa or Miller

I agree about the forward and as mentioned above, we shouldnt be taking so many senior players. Capoue might only be travelling to make up the numbers - I dont think its a given that he's no partially back in favour. Same with Kaboul

We need to make sure we top the group don't we? Or are we thinking it doesn't really matter as we may draw a difficult unseeded side anyway?

Back