• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Arsenal NLD OMT ***

If you see incremental improvement - yes. Like Poch 2014-2019. But we're regressing massively and have been all season.
We've also had a lot of injuries, and the previous golden boot winner completly out of touch with himself. Arsenal haven't had a single injury apart from Jesus.

So move him out now and make a long-term appointment

Most managerial appointments tend to be long-term in theory. Though Nuno clearly wasn’t and perhaps Conte wasn’t either. It looks like we’ve spent the last few years trying to find someone to deliver a trophy for Kane, Son & Lloris rather than thinking about a long term plan.

Last edited:
Most managerial appointments tend to be long-term in theory. Though Nuno clearly wasn’t and perhaps Conte wasn’t either. It looks like we’ve spent the last few years trying find someone to deliver a trophy for Kane, Son & Lloris rather than thinking about a long term plan.

Exactly, it's all long term until it goes badly. Say we get in a new Poch. How long before we're clamouring to sack him. We finished 4th and we're now 6th. What manager could have delivered more?

Again look at Arteta for the evidence. For seasons even arsenal fans were kicking off about 'the process' now they're clear at the top. I'm not saying Conte is the right man, but at some stage gotta put on big boy pants, weather the bad times and see what comes out the other end.

I'd rather we stick with him then start all over again then all over again in 2 years.

Exactly, it's all long term until it goes badly. Say we get in a new Poch. How long before we're clamouring to sack him. We finished 4th and we're now 6th. What manager could have delivered more?

Again look at Arteta for the evidence. For seasons even arsenal fans were kicking off about 'the process' now they're clear at the top. I'm not saying Conte is the right man, but at some stage gotta put on big boy pants, weather the bad times and see what comes out the other end.

I'd rather we stick with him then start all over again then all over again in 2 years.

Arteta is doing a fantastic job. Would we have had the patience to stick with him in similar circumstances? I have my doubts.

Arteta is doing a fantastic job. Would we have had the patience to stick with him in similar circumstances? I have my doubts.

Highly doubt it based on what's happened with previous managers. Board seems too concerned with public opinion and having money to buy up property.

Sarr was our best player imho, good cameos from harry and kulu.
I think the formation is a hindrance but its more the players in the middle than the middle itself, peh does not have the discipline to shield the defence.
I can't comment on the performances as I switched off after their second. My point is that the two we had against their three was insanely weak. I'd wager that even two of the best DM's in the world would have struggled against their 3.

Dunno where to start on that. Disappointed in Conte. Really disappointed. That first half was poison to the point that I really feared a pasting second half. I said it looked men against boys but our lads are older so it looked men against pensioners. How the fudge a world class manager could allow Partey the time and space he had to be the perennial outball, I just really don't know. Shocking.

I've defended Hugo long enough. It's getting to breaking point with me at this stage. Second half, Ramsdale was unbelievably good. As good an all round goalkeeping performance as I've seen at our place in a long time. Makes some difference. I scoffed when they signed him but how he isn't England's first choice is a mystery.

Conte is culpable for a really bad set up and repeatedly poor first halves. You can only excuse it for so long. It's not good enough. Today's second half wasn't enough to mask that.

Thought most of the players were decent to be fair. Doherty, Kulu, Kane all put in shifts. Thought the CBs were okay. Sarr was okay but no better, the plaudits here confuse me. He just did the basics. Thought PEH busted an absolute nut today. He's limited at times but he worked like a dog. The players were not the problem today.

That said, Sess was appalling and Son continues to fall further off that cliff. Its mind boggling to have fallen so far so quickly but this is far more than a bad run of form or confidence issue. He's half a yard slower in everything he's doing and that's fatal for a player like him.

Tough run coming up. We'll do well to come out of it in one piece as a club.

Conte is taking us nowhere, other wise I agree with the general point of giving a manager time. But it has to be a manager who works with paratici to effect a top to bottom strategy, scouting, first team, academy the whole shabang. Poch was the closest manager we had to a long term one. Conte is not that at all. Looks absolutely clueless this season. Thankfully we have Kane otherwise we would be mid table.

What happened at the whistle?

Not a good day all round. Got a little unsavoury down at Northumberland Park. Their lot were giving it loads and some of ours didn't cover themselves in glory and got dragged away by the police.

IMG_6403.png
Like I said at the beginning of this thread and in the middle. I’m no football genius but it was obvious we would lose the midfield battle if we go with two central midfielders but Conte too stubborn to adapt. He wants the sack I think

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

If Conte is up for sticking out the rebuild i fully agree - unfortunately with the contract situation it's only guesss work whether he is or not, which makes it hard to get behind

If Son did put in a regimented defensive shift that would be a start, he does nothing either defensively or attacking.

I said he is ASKED to play a regimented defensive shift. That is totally not in his skill set so he invariably fails. It has totally hindered his attacking play. Hence we get a completely ineffective footballer instead of last years Golden boot winner.
Conte has stuffed him right up.

Has he done anymore than Conte done for us on his first season though. At one point Ole was the next Ferguson?

Yeah, I'm just joking. Just weird how quickly things change, One minute Marco Silva was useless now he's amazing, One minute Howe was the wrong man for the job and now he's great, One minute Arteta was going nowhere and now he's the next Wenger etc.

Back