• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

Feels to me like the issue is in midfield
Midfield is a problem, but a big part of what makes our midfield work is Udogie moving inside and being completely comfortable to receive passes and play them himself. Then add the actual quality of the passes that Romero and VDV often play and it just isnt the same.

I would also bring Bentancur on in the second half for either Hojberg or Bissouma and move to our typical shape. Sarr biasing to the right and Bentancur biasing to the left.

Uncomfortable tense half but the team are doing well, Son needs to do more on the ball the little times he has it. Wolves have so many players who can beat a man but end product not quite there for them. Much better than I was expecting anyway and our possession stats are great.

The fluidity in midfield is not right. Three players but they are hardly in it. I'm surprised bentancur is not playing.

But the attacking midfield player needs to be more progressive here. I'd prefer Kulu there maybe to try, get Gil on wide.

Our high line is giving up space to them. We negate that by being better in attack. It's not quite happening.

I dont think Lo Celso can handle physicality. He seems to shirk away. I wouldnt bring him on unless he is motivated.

What is it with the love for Le Celso and the hate for Hojberg?

Not sure it's either.
But Hojbjerg has come in for Maddison and the change would bring in Lo Celso to try and play a similar role to Maddison.

I'm not sure I would make that change. I would bring Bentancur on and go for a hard working cm 3

Need a different outlet in the middle, i would roll on Lo Celso for one of PEH or Bissouma, need an outlet further forward which we just don't have currently, too many similar MFs

Yep it's looked stodgy in midfield and could do with some guile.

Can see Ange not happy with the energy / attitude in midfield, wonder if we'll try ten or fifteen of the same and then mix it up.

Also Yves getting the standard idiotic yellow, the ban was near enough inevitable but why get it for such a pointless challenge? Perhaps it was harsh but why give the ref an excuse. He's also looked a shadow of himself since the ridiculous red card.

Discipline seems a real issue, between Biss and Udogie there's so many unnecessary yellows.

Back